Lectric XP

Well here you go:
View attachment 38225View attachment 38226

I was kinda disappointed to see that it was an old-school threaded steerer tube on the fork with a jam nut on the stem. Just like a kids department store bike. I don't remember seeing any threaded suspension forks when I was searching. if they do have them, they're going to be the same low rent department store quality. Totally bogus.

on a lighter note, did you notice there's a serial number stamped on the top of your head tube, you can see it if you zoom in right above the logo?
I know..when we picked up our two bikes one of the bikes had a loose head set so I disassembled and repacked the bearings since it was apart and tightened it. Yes the old school set up leaves little options for the front fork. The money went in to the electronics of the bike... But with 20 pounds of air in the front tire and a suspension seat post, it's an improvement..

Does anybody know what the permissible tire pressure range is?

Any opinions on what effect reducing pressure to the minimum has on the chance of flats?

Would it increase/decrease or have no effect on likelihood of flats?

Does anybody know what the permissible tire pressure range is?

Any opinions on what effect reducing pressure to the minimum has on the chance of flats?

Would it increase/decrease or have no effect on likelihood of flats?
The tires are supposed to be anti puncture and have very thick inner tubes. Some people have aired them down to 10lbs. Kills the mileage a little as it's more resistance. I have three hundred kms on mine so far mostly hard pack trails and glass strewn road shoulders with 20 psi. To me it seems like the best compromise between mileage and ride.

The tires are supposed to be anti puncture and have very thick inner tubes. Some people have aired them down to 10lbs. Kills the mileage a little as it's more resistance. I have three hundred kms on mine so far mostly hard pack trails and glass strewn road shoulders with 20 psi. To me it seems like the best compromise between mileage and ride.

Thanks but I understand the effect on mileage. Do you think it would increase (albeit modestly) or decease the chance of flat tires or have no effect at all?

Ordered my Lectric XP second week of August, new to the e bike world, I hope this will helps me, I’m 54 have had multiple Cervical and lumbar fusions and full knee replacement. I’m hoping to inspire people like myself to get out on the e bikes, hopefully this will help me push up the inclines or when I’m running out of strength to push through the ride, with conventional bike it’s unbelievable how fast the excitement of going for a bike ride vanished and brings me back home.
I get what you are saying! We ordered ours in June and have had them for a couple of weeks now. I am older than you are and have had lumbar fusion and partial knee replacement and recent mid foot fusion surgery. The bike is awesome and, well, an answer to prayer for me. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!!

Thanks but I understand the effect on mileage. Do you think it would increase (albeit modestly) or decease the chance of flat tires or have no effect at all?
It would make no difference.. Off roaders air down to five PSI with no more chance of puncture all the time...including me

I think the price is great, but I’m going to miss out on the warmer weather for riding, I’m trying to be patient but on the other hand life is so very fast with same day delivery on anything you want form your couch, as your scrolling through all the things on sale, it’s kinda nice to have that feeling again, the Excitement instead of just ordering it, then receiving your purchase the next day. Just saying, maybe try to enjoy that old feeling we had back when.

Did this post for an RV forum, thought I would share it here if anyone can use the links.

EBike added accessories that are working well. The accessories I chose were for use to quickly fold the bikes for travel.
Beverage holder: this one has an adjustable quick disconnect by just flipping a lever. It adjusts to larger size and fits the riser of my handle bars. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Foldable handle bar end mirror: this one is convexed and gives a nice view, but it's a little shaky, but folds nice without breaking. It is also metal. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zoom shock absorber seat post. Made a nice difference in the comfort of the ride. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOOM-MTB-Mo...72.m2749.l2649
Flashing LED safety light. I live in FL where people don't see well, what else can I say. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rack Bag: Nice bag for carrying the owners manual, tool kit, bungee cord, Large U lock with cable and still have plenty of room.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008S4SX5E...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Lock: I chose this lock as it is strong, good rating and will fit the fat tires. It will be secure enough for what I will use it for. Locking it up in a campground will probably be the riskiest place I would be with the bikes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A few photos enclosed on how they fit on an Lectric eBike

Attachments

• 2019-09-09 14.49.43.jpg
    2019-09-09 14.49.43.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 652
  • 2019-09-09 14.52.06.jpg
    2019-09-09 14.52.06.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 714
  • 2019-09-09 14.53.06.jpg
    2019-09-09 14.53.06.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 667
I think the price is great, but I’m going to miss out on the warmer weather for riding, I’m trying to be patient but on the other hand life is so very fast with same day delivery on anything you want form your couch, as your scrolling through all the things on sale, it’s kinda nice to have that feeling again, the Excitement instead of just ordering it, then receiving your purchase the next day. Just saying, maybe try to enjoy that old feeling we had back when.
Right now, I wish I had some of the cooler weather. Last few days our heat endex was 106* and TOO HOT to ride. We need a happy medium. 😁 Enjoy the excitement, they will be here soon. In the meantime read the online manual, lots of new important information that is not in the current manual. Friends bikes arrived yesterday, 2 days early.

Right now, I wish I had some of the cooler weather. Last few days our heat endex was 106* and TOO HOT to ride. We need a happy medium. 😁 Enjoy the excitement, they will be here soon. In the meantime read the online manual, lots of new important information that is not in the current manual. Friends bikes arrived yesterday, 2 days early.
Manual V 1.1 is the current... correct?

Lock: I chose this lock as it is strong, good rating and will fit the fat tires. It will be secure enough for what I will use it for. Locking it up in a campground will probably be the riskiest place I would be with the bikes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The manufacturer blurb about shackle thickness is: "The bike lock with thickness(including rubber casing):14mm,250mm x 150mm U shack to lock and go!" INCLUDING RUBBER CASING!!! I've never heard of a lock referred to that way and I take it as a warning about the quality.

Also, if you look at the pictures posted by reviewers that say the lock saved their bike, they're phony pictures. No thief worth his salt attacks a u-bolt lock with a hacksaw or sawzall.

There's some good locks here: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bike-lock/

The manufacturer blurb about shackle thickness is: "The bike lock with thickness(including rubber casing):14mm,250mm x 150mm U shack to lock and go!" INCLUDING RUBBER CASING!!! I've never heard of a lock referred to that way and I take it as a warning about the quality.

Also, if you look at the pictures posted by reviewers that say the lock saved their bike, they're phony pictures. No thief worth his salt attacks a u-bolt lock with a hacksaw or sawzall.

There's some good locks here: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bike-lock/
Agree, I went with Abus myself.

Well here you go:
View attachment 38225View attachment 38226

I was kinda disappointed to see that it was an old-school threaded steerer tube on the fork with a jam nut on the stem. Just like a kids department store bike. I don't remember seeing any threaded suspension forks when I was searching. if they do have them, they're going to be the same low rent department store quality. Totally bogus.

on a lighter note, did you notice there's a serial number stamped on the top of your head tube, you can see it if you zoom in right above the logo?
Dude is that rust on the steer tube? Did you take the headset off and leave bike in rain? Thats discerning seeing a brand new bike being delivered with rusty components.

Last edited:
Dude is that rust on the steer tube? Did you take the headset off and leave bike in rain? Thats discerning seeing a brand new bike being deliveted with rusty components.
Yes it is. With the stem off, you can look down the hole and see straight through to the fender screw. But it came that way because I've never been out in wet conditions. it looks worse in the picture for some reason. did you notice I covered the "LECTRIC" on the side with reflective tape?

Yes it is. With the stem off, you can look down the hole and see straight through to the fender screw. But it came that way because I've never been out in wet conditions.
That sucks. I knew you didnt leave it in the rain. I was just messing with you. Might wanna take mine appart when it comes and use some of that marine grease i got sitting in the garage on it.

Back