Lectric XP

Friends of Lectric eBikes!
I am so grateful for all of your posts! You are part of the finest collection of ebike enthusiasts ever! It's great to read how you are helping each other solve problems and offering advice.

The post yesterday from Drudewitt reminded me of the impact we can have when we all work together. Drudewitt is a self-proclaimed 63 years old who hasn't ridden a bike in years. She has had a partial knee replacement and recent foot surgery. She is now riding our Lectric XP bike and states, "These bikes make me feel like I can do anything." Wow! Comments like that are the true measure of our success. It's not the bottom line - it's that we are enhancing lives! Your posts are a huge part of that, and I'm grateful for how you are supporting our efforts!

Just a quick comment on everyone's favorite topic - shipping. Good news! We expected three containers of bikes this week and we received them. However, much to our chagrin, instead of two containers of black bikes and one container of white bikes, we received two containers of white bikes and one container of black bikes. Urghh. Unfortunately, we made shipping labels based upon our earlier expectation. This change is great if you ordered a white bike, and not so great if you ordered a black bike. We do have two containers of black bikes arriving next week, so it won't be a long delay. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." or in this case, a container of ebikes!

Lastly, we are super excited to read about all the great new ebike companies entering the market! Competition will result in better products at a lower price for you - the consumer! We built our company around the idea that we can provide a great ebike at an affordable price. With shipping costs and tariffs that is proving to be a significant challenge, and we appreciate others joining us in that effort.

Thank you for being a friend and advocate for Lectric eBikes! We appreciate you!
Brent
Class Act !!!

Will PAS engage if you pedal backwards? This question has been asked here once buy another user and in other groups, yet no owner has come forward with a reply. Electronically, the Cadence Sensor counts magnetic pulses. In theory, a simple sensor would not know if they're coming from a forward or reverse direction because either way magnetic pulses would be produced telling the motor to turn on. A smarter Cadence Sensor would require two separate magnetic pickup coils in order to determine the direction of the pulse. Will a user with the bike try this out? It would look pretty bizarre riding a bike pedaling backwards.

Will PAS engage if you pedal backwards? This question has been asked here once buy another user and in other groups, yet no owner has come forward with a reply. Electronically, the Cadence Sensor counts magnetic pulses. In theory, a simple sensor would not know if they're coming from a forward or reverse direction because either way magnetic pulses would be produced telling the motor to turn on. A smarter Cadence Sensor would require two separate magnetic pickup coils in order to determine the direction of the pulse. Will a user with the bike try this out? It would look pretty bizarre riding a bike pedaling backwards.
Mine didn't, sitting in the garage. I Didnt try it on the road.

Being an info Junkie, I have been squatting on every site that even remotely mentioned Lectric XP. I probably know more about their online presence than the company does itself. Me being retired helps a lot LOL. As of tonight, they are approaching their 4000th order. Order 488X was placed today by a customer with a October delivery date. Lectric in a earlier post mentioned that they had wished they would have come in at a higher price point to control their company growth. I completely disagree with that notion. They have experienced explosive growth by providing a reasonable product at an excellent price. That price point bought them instant name recognition throughout the internet and in the e-bike community. Personally, I was not in the market for or even shopping for an e-bike. Because of their price point, I am now out $1,800 and have two bikes on the way #2902 and #3683. When people are doing paid reviews for other competing bikes, it's interesting to see consumer replies asking about the Lectric XP. If Lectric came in with pricing near the going rate they would still be a struggling company hoping for their 500th order and dumping tons of money into advertising. There are literally a ton of similar competing E Bike manufacturers out there. Lectric, because of a reasonable equipped product and an excellent price point rocketed well past the crowded field of competition in sales and established solid name recognition. Yes, Lectric did experience growing pains but as a company I would rather struggle with how to ship 4000 bikes rather than how to attract customer number 501.

Edits made for my single finger typos.

Last edited:
Will the "Where's my bike" ever stop. 😂 A container is delayed at sea, the world is not coming to an end. I've got my bikes and now we can't ride them, major hurricane heading for us. Now there is a serious problem. :)

Will the "Where's my bike" ever stop. 😂 A container is delayed at sea, the world is not coming to an end. I've got my bikes and now we can't ride them, major hurricane heading for us. Now there is a serious problem. :)
After this weekend, I expect a detailed review on mileage attained while riding into the head winds of a hurricane. While you are at it, discuss water resistance with hurricane-force driven rains. Give me a few months and I'll talk about the performance during a blizzard in Buffalo New York.

Should I look back and search for your "where's my bike posts"?

Last edited:
Woo-hoo (sorta)! We had an order with two bikes (one white, one black). The white one is now showing In Transit with an estimated delivery of next Thursday, September 5. The black one's status is showing "pending".

Woo-hoo (sorta)! We had an order with two bikes (one white, one black). The white one is now showing In Transit with an estimated delivery of next Thursday, September 5. The black one's status is showing "pending".
You have a late August delivery? Also, is it showing that the label was made and will update when in transit, or is it saying that it received the item and is now moving?

The white one is now showing as "In Transit, Arcadia, CA" so it looks like it has left the dock. The black one is still in the "label created" zone.

We ordered June 30th for a late August shipment.

The white one is now showing as "In Transit, Arcadia, CA" so it looks like it has left the dock. The black one is still in the "label created" zone.

I ordered mine on June 29th and it is a white one also, but still not showing in transit. Mine was order #2153, what was yours?

Being an info Junkie, I have been squatting on every site that even remotely mentioned Lectric XP. I probably know more about their online presence than the company does itself. Me being retired helps a lot LOL. As of tonight, they are approaching their 4000th order. Order 488X was placed today by a customer with a October delivery date. Lectric in a earlier post mentioned that they had wished they would have come in at a higher price point to control their company growth. I completely disagree with that notion. They have experienced explosive growth by providing a reasonable product at an excellent price. That price point bought them instant name recognition throughout the internet and in the e-bike community. Personally, I was not in the market for or even shopping for an e-bike. Because of their price point, I am now out $1,800 and have two bikes on the way #2902 and #3683. When people are doing paid reviews for other competing bikes, it's interesting to see consumer replies asking about the Lectric XP. If Lectric came in with pricing near the going rate they would still be a struggling company hoping for their 500th order and dumping tons of money into advertising. There are literally a ton of similar competing E Bike manufacturers out there. Lectric, because of a reasonable equipped product and an excellent price point rocketed well past the crowded field of competition in sales and established solid name recognition. Yes, Lectric did experience growing pains but as a company I would rather struggle with how to ship 4000 bikes rather than how to attract customer number 501.

Edits made for my single finger typos.
MrMomB, we certainly are info junkie brethren! Your story sounds a lot like mine. Back in June, my family had given me some Amazon gift cards for both my birthday and then Fathers Day, because I had been talking about wanting to get a folding mountain bike. My current, old Specialized requires that I must pop the front wheel off in order to fit it in my car (oh, boo-hoo!). After looking at the folding bike product options and subsequently being turned off by the weight and folded-size factors for 26-inch bikes (20-inch foldables were not an option to me), I instead used the gift cards to buy a 16-inch battery-powered chainsaw and spare battery. Case Closed. Or so I thought. Being a YouTube addict, I then happened to stumble upon KevCentral's first review of the XP. So then I had to break it my wife, in a gentle way, that, spent gift cards or not, I was going to end up in the realm of folding bikes after all. But now it's an ebike! Yeah, it's got 20-inch tires, but they're fatties! I suddenly find myself in a very unique kind of "new world," and all of it still even before the bike has yet to be delivered! My pre-ship communications with the Lectric folks has been consistenly great. I already regard Levi as a kind of rock star. So I've also been scouring YouTube for XP videos since my early July order. I've seen a ton of reviews and not one single one that made me doubt the XP. Now that the "two months later" reviews are starting to appear, it seems like the XP is already proving to be a solid product and have yet not seen any real compeition, spec-for-price. So I did not expect my summer of 2019 to be one of obsessive anticipation of riding an eBike. I can only say that there may be worse fates, and life is always full of surprises. I now do believe my order should be included in the next batch shipment, sooo in the meantime.... I like that new chainsaw!

Last edited by a moderator:

One of mine showed every state as it made it way to FL. The other one showed in transit until Orlando. It must have been on an express truck, the other one on the scenic route truck, the both arrived in Orlando a few hours apart, then put on the truck to my final location.

Last edited:
Back