Lectric XP

The limited version of the XP apparently. Way more money.

I'm taking that idea about the water bottle.

That frame must be made in the exact factory as the XP. Some upgrades on this bike, but WOW does it push the price up. Double the price of the XP. Not worth it in my opinion. The nice thing is you can always upgrade if you decide later on that you need/want those things. Nice looking bike, though.

Should I look back and search for your "where's my bike posts"?

Those in this shipment are very fortunate, Lectric has been doing public updates and not leaving anyone in the dark. Nice! The early Aug shipment didn't have that. The early Aug shipments have been able to share how the system works with tracking numbers issued and when scanned in by FedEx. The early Aug shipments again didn't have a clue, no one to tell us, Lectric was totally silent and they are the only ones that new what was going on. That made a few people upset, me being one of them and I did let Lectric know. "Please come forward and tell us what is taking place." They were answering emails, but nothing to let all 1,000 bike orders know what was taking place and that a 3rd party fulfillment center (warehouse) is also involved.
On a new note, those that do not received "in transit" from FedEx on your tracking number by the end of today, take the long weeken off. FedEx will be closed for the Labor Day weekend. If you call FedEx you will get that on the recorded message. Just my experience from the last shipment and trying to share so others aren't in the dark like we were. It will go smooth after it leaves the fulfillment warehouse which on most orders took 6 days, again no one to tell us why.

Last edited:
Those in this shipment are very fortunate, Lectric has been doing public updates and not leaving anyone in the dark. Nice! The early Aug shipment didn't have that. The early Aug shipments have been able to share how the system works with tracking numbers issued and when scanned in by FedEx. The early Aug shipments again didn't have a clue, no one to tell us, Lectric was totally silent and they are the only ones that new what was going on. That made a few people upset, me being one of them and I did let Lectric know. Please come forward and tell us what is taking place. They were answering emails, but nothing to let all 1,000 bike orders know what was taking place and that a 3rd party fulfillment center (warehouse) is also involved.
On a new note, those that do not received "in transit" from FedEx on your tracking number by the end of today, take the long weeken off. FedEx will be closed for the Labor Day weekend. If you call FedEx you will get that on the recorded message. Just my experience from the last shipment and trying to share so others aren't in the dark like we were. It will go smooth after it leaves the fulfillment warehouse which on most orders took 6 days, again no one to tell us why.
The frustrating part is that mbutt has theirs moving and I ordered mine before them and still mine is not moving.

My delivery date is showing for Thursday/September 5th (label made & in transit)
Can’t wait.. (July 12th/#2700)
I’m off that Friday so I can charge all night & be ready to ride the next day 👌🏼😊❤️

My delivery date is showing for Thursday/September 5th (label made & in transit)
I’m off that Friday so I can charge all night & be ready to ride the next day 👌🏼😊
June 29th #2153, no movement. This is starting to irritate the crap out of me, took next week off work so I could enjoy the ride, looking like I'll be lucky if it even shows up by the second week of Sept. and I ordered the white one.

The frustrating part is that mbutt has theirs moving and I ordered mine before them and still mine is not moving.
Were expe
I here that, but a couple of number apart could be it just didn't fit on the truck that went to FedEx. It happened to me one number apart on the tracking numbers It will probably get loaded on the next truck. If they were a couple of hundred numbers apart, unless it was a black bike being shipped, I would be questiong it, but 2 numbers, I'll bet it goes today. One of mine sat in Arcadia CA for almost a day waiting for the trailer to fill up I guess before it scanned out. in the evening. Both of my bikes left Lectric a day apart, separate trucks all the way to FL, but both delivered to my house at the same time.

Get up to speed and test it on the road. It would be interesting to see if they use a dumb or a smart PAS sensor.
Pedaling backwards in the garage answers your question. I've never heard of a PAS sensor that wasn't directional. have you?

June 29th #2153, no movement. This is starting to irritate the crap out of me, took next week off work so I could enjoy the ride, looking like I'll be lucky if it even shows up by the second week of Sept. and I ordered the white one.

I miss the day when I could walk into a store, decide I like something, buy it, and take it home with me. We had it made and didn't even know it.

I'm not convinced I'm going to like this bike. I'm tall and I'm afraid it's going to feel like I'm on stilts. How tall are these youtube reviewers.? Squeaky and her husband aren't very tall I don't think. I'd guess Nomadic Fanatic is well under 6'. Kevcentral I have no idea about.

Since June 29th is a long wait. I ordered mine July 27 and I'm starting to get a little buggy.

I miss the day when I could walk into a store, decide I like something, buy it, and take it home with me. We had it made and didn't even know it.

I'm not convinced I'm going to like this bike. I'm tall and I'm afraid it's going to feel like I'm on stilts. How tall are these youtube reviewers.? Squeaky and her husband aren't very tall I don't think. I'd guess Nomadic Fanatic is well under 6'. Kevcentral I have no idea about.

Since June 29th is a long wait. I ordered mine July 27 and I'm starting to get a little buggy.
Agree, and I'm old enough to say, those were the days. If my bike shows up now like some other people who did not get the full upgrade, I'll probably turnaround and sell it and just bite the bullet and spend a little more for a different folding bike. July 27th, you'll be lucky to get it this year.

I ordered my bike on July 1st which was order #2207 and the latest of my obsessive e-mail checks shows that it's in transit and has a promised to be delivered date of Wed Sept 4th. Unfortunately my extra battery will not be sent until an unspecified later date but at least I have a chance to be rollin' by the following weekend! This will be my third e-bike. My first one was a Voltbike Yukon Ltd. which worked great but seemed to me to be the "monster truck" of e-bikes and I couldn't reach the ground without doing some major damage to some tender male parts! I then built my own bike with a Giant brand frame and a Bafang 1000w mid-drive motor from Biktrix but it still was uncomfortable to ride and an absolute bear to load on or into my SUV or van. I then ran into the Lectric XP during a late nite Youtube binge and made an impulsive purchase at 1:30 in the morning, a decision that made me doubt my sanity many times in the following two months it has taken to receive the bike. I feel like Goldilocks where nothing really feels right and I hope this bike, although not as powerful as the Yukon or my homemade Frankenstein will be the one that allows me to comfortably use it and wear it out. For anyone else who is in Canada and can't figure out how to get one of these bikes across the border check out the Voltbike Urban, it is the exact same frame but with narrower tires, a 36v-14a battery, a 350w motor, and a front suspension fork. I really wanted the fat tires and craved the extra power but if you only need a bike in town and don't live in an area of excessive hills it might be an affordable option.

I’m off that Friday so I can charge all night & be ready to ride the next day 👌🏼😊
I ordered mine July 2nd #2252 and all I have is a shipping label, no movement

Damonjohn, "all about rv's" on youtube is 6'4" and the XP fits him. You can search for "Foldable E-Bike Surprised Us for RVing".

If it helps, I am 6'1" and fit fine, plenty of room for a taller person. If you don't like the bike they are a hot item on Craigslist in my area. With the price increase tomorrow, you might even make a profit 😁 As for walking into a store to buy one, the local ebike store in my area had one for $2,100. that didn't compare to the Lectric I received. Mine were really worth the wait.

If it helps, I am 6'1" and fit fine, plenty of room for a taller person. If you don't like the bike they are a hot item on Craigslist in my area. With the price increase tomorrow, you might even make a profit 😁 As for walking into a store to buy one, the local ebike store in my area had one for $2,100. that didn't compare to the Lectric I received. Mine were really worth the wait.
The fact their selling like that is really good to hear, because if mine shows up after my vacation I won't even open the box I'll just stick it on Craigslist and make a few bucks, summer will be over with anyway I'll just wait until next spring, maybe go to my local bike shop or order from a bike company I can depend on.

I agree, anyone that buys an ebike locally is either nuts or loaded. Somehow or another, not that many years ago, regular folk could buy everything in their local stores. Things have changed and change isn't always a good thing imho.

The fact their selling like that is really good to hear, because if mine shows up after my vacation I won't even open the box I'll just stick it on Craigslist and make a few bucks, summer will be over with anyway I'll just wait until next spring, maybe go to my local bike shop or order from a bike company I can depend on.
Amazon has never let me down. Sad but true

HI, I thought I'd mention my ordeal with removing the rear wheel to put on my freewheel. The reason I'm posting this is because at some point, someone is going to have a flat tire on the rear wheel, and will have to do this. If it happens on the road, you might be screwed.
Normally when I remove a wheel, I turn the bike upside down and balance it on the seat and handlebars like a tripod. The XP is so rear heavy, that it pretty much balances on the seat and wants to rock backwards. I had to put something heavy on the handlebars to keep it in place. even then, whenever I tried to exert any force on something (like break a nut loose) it wanted to rock back. this is a drag because that's the position I use to do any chain, brake, derailleur maintenance. I'm looking at getting a heavy duty PARK repair stand, but that's another $200.
That aside, unplugging the motor and removing the nuts was pretty straight forward. But when I went to lift the wheel out, OMG it was stuck like glue. After much pulling, I managed to pry it up with an unconventional use of a tool. I changed the freewheel, and went to reinstall the wheel. So here's the problem, the spacing of the dropouts is too tight. In other word, I would have to spread apart the rear ??? (I don't know the word to use, on a normal bike I'd say the rear triangles) the parts with the slots that the wheel fit into. It would help if I had another person who could spread apart those things while I dropped the wheel in. by myself it was a chore. but i got it done. It was easier with the rear brake caliper removed so I didn't have to also worry about aligning the brake disc at the same time.
After I was done, I kicked myself because I have a tool that would've probably helped. It's one of those little wood clamps, with a trigger, you use when gluing part together. The end of the clamp reverses, and then it's a spreader clamp. with the wheel resting almost in place, I could've put the clamp through the spokes and spread the dropouts.
Anyway, I hope this makes sense, sorry I didn't take pictures but I was in a big fat hurry.

Last edited:
That frame must be made in the exact factory as the XP. Some upgrades on this bike, but WOW does it push the price up. Double the price of the XP. Not worth it in my opinion. The nice thing is you can always upgrade if you decide later on that you need/want those things. Nice looking bike, though.
I agree.

Bxg
Great report thank you. Nice to see others helping others. Kev Central mentioned in his post when he changed the gears about the rear end springing in and getting the wheel back on was not easy.

Back