Lectric XP

June 29th #2153, no movement. This is starting to irritate the crap out of me, took next week off work so I could enjoy the ride, looking like I'll be lucky if it even shows up by the second week of Sept. and I ordered the white one.
Email them, I’d be irritated as well. You’d think they would’ve shipped them in order 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mines also a white one

old biker...

I don't know about when you placed the order but when I ordered mine it said in big bold letters pre order for x shipping...
Seems like you aren't giving them any breaks.
Try to find a similar bike under 1k.

I my mind guys that got a bike that isn't what the reviewers stated have more of a gripe. But even then I still don't blame lelectric those weren't in the specs on the website (steel fenders, 52 tooth sprocket)

The fact their selling like that is really good to hear, because if mine shows up after my vacation I won't even open the box I'll just stick it on Craigslist and make a few bucks, summer will be over with anyway I'll just wait until next spring, maybe go to my local bike shop or order from a bike company I can depend on.

I miss the day when I could walk into a store, decide I like something, buy it, and take it home with me. We had it made and didn't even know it.

I'm not convinced I'm going to like this bike. I'm tall and I'm afraid it's going to feel like I'm on stilts. How tall are these youtube reviewers.? Squeaky and her husband aren't very tall I don't think. I'd guess Nomadic Fanatic is well under 6'. Kevcentral I have no idea about.

Since June 29th is a long wait. I ordered mine July 27 and I'm starting to get a little buggy.

Check this one. This guy is tall.

When I ordered it said end of August. Not maybe, if we can, or when we can, heck well sure try, or fill in the blank.

I'm ordering this bike as my go to transportation. Not occasional rides. Nomadic Fanatic said quote " I trust this company"
Based on the strength of that and other YouTube video makers support and the companies location, I decided it would be worth the wait.
They need to be on time though.

I wasn't too worried till I found this forum and learned of the lack of communication, tracking numbers, just generally mismanaged shipping order arrangement.
Company longevity depends on reasonably happy customers and word of mouth support. I wonder what the bulk of customers outside this forum are telling their friends about their experiences. I have friends that are looking to see how this goes, with possibly placing an order as well.

old biker...

I don't know about when you placed the order but when I ordered mine it said in big bold letters pre order for x shipping...
Seems like you aren't giving them any breaks.
Try to find a similar bike under 1k.

I my mind guys that got a bike that isn't what the reviewers stated have more of a gripe. But even then I still don't blame lelectric those weren't in the specs on the website (steel fenders, 52 tooth sprocket)
Yep I saw the pre-order x shipping, and that was August 21st shipping, then later Brent sent out an email saying they screwed up and the bikes were shipping August 27th, here it is August 30th and still sitting in some warehouse. Bikes being sent and on the road to their destinations that were bought long after mine, these guys do not know the meaning of logistics.
When I ordered it said end of August. Not maybe, if we can, or when we can, heck well sure try, or fill in the blank.

I'm ordering this bike as my go to transportation. Not occasional rides. Nomadic Fanatic said quote " I trust this company"
Based on the strength of that and other YouTube video makers support and the companies location, I decided it would be worth the wait.
They need to be on time though.

I wasn't too worried till I found this forum and learned of the lack of communication, tracking numbers, just generally mismanaged shipping order arrangement.
Company longevity depends on reasonably happy customers and word of mouth support. I wonder what the bulk of customers outside this forum are telling their friends about their experiences. I have friends that are looking to see how this goes, with possibly placing an order as well.
It's called logistics, and they don't have a clue what that is. Frustrated beyond frustration.

Agree, and I'm old enough to say, those were the days. If my bike shows up now like some other people who did not get the full upgrade, I'll probably turnaround and sell it and just bite the bullet and spend a little more for a different folding bike. July 27th, you'll be lucky to get it this year.
I'm still hoping that Lectric will come forward and will fix and send the parts needed for my bike.

HI, I thought I'd mention my ordeal with removing the rear wheel to put on my freewheel. The reason I'm posting this is because at some point, someone is going to have a flat tire on the rear wheel, and will have to do this. If it happens on the road, you might be screwed.
Normally when I remove a wheel, I turn the bike upside down and balance it on the seat and handlebars like a tripod. The XP is so rear heavy, that it pretty much balances on the seat and wants to rock backwards. I had to put something heavy on the handlebars to keep it in place. even then, whenever I tried to exert any force on something (like break a nut loose) it wanted to rock back. this is a drag because that's the position I use to do any chain, brake, derailleur maintenance. I'm looking at getting a heavy duty PARK repair stand, but that's another $200.
That aside, unplugging the motor and removing the nuts was pretty straight forward. But when I went to lift the wheel out, OMG it was stuck like glue. After much pulling, I managed to pry it up with an unconventional use of a tool. I changed the freewheel, and went to reinstall the wheel. So here's the problem, the spacing of the dropouts is too tight. In other word, I would have to spread apart the rear ??? (I don't know the word to use, on a normal bike I'd say the rear triangles) the parts with the slots that the wheel fit into. It would help if I had another person who could spread apart those things while I dropped the wheel in. by myself it was a chore. but i got it done. It was easier with the rear brake caliper removed so I didn't have to also worry about aligning the brake disc at the same time.
After I was done, I kicked myself because I have a tool that would've probably helped. It's one of those little wood clamps, with a trigger, you use when gluing part together. The end of the clamp reverses, and then it's a spreader clamp. with the wheel resting almost in place, I could've put the clamp through the spokes and spread the dropouts.
Anyway, I hope this makes sense, sorry I didn't take pictures but I was in a big fat hurry.
I just bookmarked this post. Thanks.

The frustrating part is that mbutt has theirs moving and I ordered mine before them and still mine is not moving.
Yes! I mentioned that to Christian and Brent from lector’s bikes in an email. They said they have sent all bikes out in order of order number and they don’t know where I have gotten that information. Well I’ve gotten it here by you and several days ago by several others who received their bikes before mine.
Not only is it frustrating but I really don’t like being called a liar. They’ve been very nice up until my last email when I questioned delivery of bikes ordered after mine. Order number 2603. Anyone with a number beyond that received their bike or have heard it’s gotten their label? I have heard absolutely nothing except it will eventually ship.
Frustrated in Minnesota

Yes! I mentioned that to Christian and Brent from lector’s bikes in an email. They said they have sent all bikes out in order of order number and they don’t know where I have gotten that information. Well I’ve gotten it here by you and several days ago by several others who received their bikes before mine.
Not only is it frustrating but I really don’t like being called a liar. They’ve been very nice up until my last email when I questioned delivery of bikes ordered after mine. Order number 2603. Anyone with a number beyond that received their bike or have heard it’s gotten their label? I have heard absolutely nothing except it will eventually ship.
Frustrated in Minnesota
They better watch their ass with the attitude, like you said, it wasn't just me but a lot of people have had their bike out of order.

They better watch their ass with the attitude, like you said, it wasn't just me but a lot of people have had their bike out of order.
I feel like no one else has brought that to their attention. They offered me a full speedy refund if I wanted. But I’d really like the dang bike🙄

The shipping problems are due to not enough employees. I retired from Ups. On accounts like this we pick up everyday, they print the label slap in on a box and the brown truck comes at the end of the day nothing is left behind.
but what lectric is doing is hiring a third party to slap the labels on and ship. To tell you the truth i'm surprised its going as well as it is...
How could they do better?
charge 1299 for the bike have them shipped from CA to AZ hire 4 or 5 people to slap labels on and ship to the customer all in house. problem solved.
I wonder how many bikes they would of sold at 1299?
I live on a boat and travel so its a bummer to plan on where im going to be when the bike shows up, I was willing to deal with that after saving 600.00 over the other bike I was going the buy and have in a week.

The shipping problems are due to not enough employees. I retired from Ups. On accounts like this we pick up everyday, they print the label slap in on a box and the brown truck comes at the end of the day nothing is left behind.
but what lectric is doing is hiring a third party to slap the labels on and ship. To tell you the truth i'm surprised its going as well as it is...
charge 1299 for the bike have them shipped from CA to AZ hire 4 or 5 people to slap labels on and ship to the customer all in house. problem solved.
I live on a boat and travel so its a bummer to plan on where im going to be when the bike shows up, I was willing to deal with that after saving 600.00 over the other bike I was going the buy and have in a week.
Thanks for a different point of view. I still think that it's more good than bad. Time will tell.

THANK YOU! I spent 18 year owning a mail order company. I sold it for reasons posted here, if an item is late 3 days coming 10,000 miles and people just can't understand why. I didn't need to put up with that anymore, it just wasn't worth it, sold for a great profit. If this keeps up Lectric is liable to do the same thing and the new owner will probably raise the prices. People have no idea what it is like to get an entire container processed and shipped out from once it has arrived from over seas. Thankfully Lectric is communicating on this shipment.
BTW there will be a Whine & Cheese party here at 5pm EST 😂

Last edited:
FYI, My tire tube also popped sitting in the garage today. It was aired to 20 psi, I was doing something else when I heard it pop. These tires are not of the best quality they are a plastic compound and don't even feel like rubber. I haven't seen the tube yet, but I am sure it is the same quality. It would be the rear one, the hard one to change. Thanks for the post on how to spread the frame.👍

FYI, My tire tube also popped sitting in the garage today. It was aired to 20 psi, I was doing something else when I heard it pop. These tires are not of the best quality they are a plastic compound and don't even feel like rubber. I haven't seen the tube yet, but I am sure it is the same quality. It would be the rear one, the hard one to change. Thanks for the post on how to spread the frame.👍
Lucky it popped in the garage and not miles from home.

This is the type of clamp I was talking about to spread the frame. Normal clamp: 37453 Reversed for spreading37452
Sorry about your tire. Let us know how it turns out. I'd be interested in the fail mode if you can figger it out.

For those of you who might be too frustrated to wait any longer, you do have options. One is the Ecotric, which sells on Amazon and ships for free. There are only 3 in stock as of a minute ago. $785 with free shipping. There is a very knowledgeable guy called harryS who has a thread going here about the bike and his various mods. They seem to go in and out of stock on Amazon. The other is the Onway for $799 + $99 shipping (tax uncertain on both). KevCentral has a review on his site and a code to get free shipping. Both seem serviceable alternative with some different compromises. Both can probably be had by Sept. 10.

DO NOT order bike accessories from eBay! My experience this week. Ordered a rack bag and received camera accessories. Good luck getting that exchanged!!!! Ordered a Zoom seat shock that was to shipped out of Chicago. Received shipping conformation, after it arrives from China! Here is the real kicker, ordered Slime tire sealer. They shipped it from AMAZON, where it was $1.50 less. I had a bunch a Paypal bucks that I was trying to use up. They will be converted into cash to use on AMAZON. Ebay has gone in another direction that no longer works for me. BTW all items ordered from Amazon were here in a day and correct.

I live in Canada and thinking of purchasing an e-bike in USA and cross back into Canada. Will I have to pay the 13% tax and duties on top? I could just say that it was purchased in Canada before crossing into USA, couldn't I? Last time i crossed into USA i had to regular bikes with me and was able to cross back and forth, no questions asked.
We picked ours up from our box office in Blaine Washington via peace arch border crossing closest to Vancouver when we came back we claimex them exactly what we bought it was $50 each ebike total for taxes that's it super simple....

Back