Lectric XP

All the frustration on this series of posts is understanding... However, I think there is really only two options:
1. Ask for a refund. It sounds like they'll give one.
2. Wait. I ordered my first one 6 August. Haven't heard anything, and I suppose I won't anytime soon. But I know why. They're getting slammed.
One poster stated that he owned a business like Lectric and had to get out of it. I think we can all see why.

I'm gonna wait this out and I am looking VERY forward to seeing both of my bikes. Whenever...

Last edited:
I am new to the forum, having read the posts for the past couple of weeks and it’s exciting to see the growth in this community. Like many of you I began watching the YouTube videos but it was Micah’s Ebike review that really caught my eye.

I have two bikes on order, a black one and a white one, with an early September delivery date. I’m in Canada but I’m having the bikes shipped to Port Angeles WA where I’ll pick them up and then pay duty and taxes at the border. I figured that would be faster than having Lectric deal with all the red tape associated with getting them delivered to Canada. Plus, I avoid the $150 shipping fee to Canada, but that saving is more than eaten up by the import taxes.

According to the Canada Customs office I will have to pay 13% excise tax, plus Goods & Services Tax (GST) of 5%, and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) of 7%. So that is 25% taxation over and above the $899 preorder price. Oddly, they don’t tax bicycles in BC, but they do tax ebikes..We pay a lot of taxes here in Canada.....But I’m still really looking to riding them after they arrive.
As mentioned earlier on a post.. I bought two Lectric bikes and had them shipped to Blaine when I clained them at the border I paid $50 per ebike thats it...

Will PAS engage if you pedal backwards? This question has been asked here once buy another user and in other groups, yet no owner has come forward with a reply. Electronically, the Cadence Sensor counts magnetic pulses. In theory, a simple sensor would not know if they're coming from a forward or reverse direction because either way magnetic pulses would be produced telling the motor to turn on. A smarter Cadence Sensor would require two separate magnetic pickup coils in order to determine the direction of the pulse. Will a user with the bike try this out? It would look pretty bizarre riding a bike pedaling backwards.
No.....it won't....it free wheels

If you do not like the shipping delay, go ahead and cancel your order. Buy something else. That means we might get them faster ;)
I bought one on speculation. I suspect they will be good value, and actually deliver. Frankly, if they are as described, I likely pay 1099 for a couple more. I'd probably wait till spring when hopefully they will have them in stock ;)

If you do not like the shipping delay, go ahead and cancel your order. Buy something else. That means we might get them faster ;)
I bought one on speculation. I suspect they will be good value, and actually deliver. Frankly, if they are as described, I likely pay 1099 for a couple more. I'd probably wait till spring when hopefully they will have them in stock ;)
I agree with you.

For those that aren't happy with the delay of the XP the Qualisports Dolphin at $1099 pre-order price might be a decent alternative. It's not a bad bike by any means. Court reviewed the Qualisports Volador and Nemo and they're both very good ebikes. They even highlight a few things about their fat tire solid rim ebike called the Beluga. (Their bikes have water animal names)

Pre-order price will increase by $200 after sometime just like the XP.

No car today. Nothing too far and nothing to heavy in the Amazon return boxes but that was fun. 1st stop library for books and 2nd stop Amazon hub. Back to home.

Attachments

• 20190830_173658.jpg
    20190830_173658.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 1,317
Last edited:
Few posts in this forum re tire blowouts. Is this the tire that came with those bikes?

Few posts in this forum re tire blowouts. Is this the tire that came with those bikes?

That is the markings on the tires on my bikes, but the description is much different that the quality in my opinion.

After I ordered my XP in July, I checked out the National Park Service eBike policy on trails and was surprised to learn that the NPS was banning them. This meant that I could not ride one of my favorite trails in the C&O Canal National Historic Park. I wrote to them to essentially state the case that: As an "aging boomer" I can ride the longer distances that make the historic towpath trail so unique. I added that it's not the bike that creates a discourteous or dangerous rider, it's the rider that makes the choices. Further, I pointed out that eBikes are not noisy and they don't create pollution. (Heck, even horses tend to pass gas and that's methane!) The reply I received from the NPS was simply a restatement of the banned policy. So I wrote to my two Senators and Congressman, and did get a reply from one of the senators, who expressed thanks for "raising the issue into the radar." Still, I continued to feel generally glum about this, and then this morning I see that the NPS has changed its policy! We can now ride their trails. To my fellow riders: The eBikes are a new phenomenon. A lot of people will be watching and observing how we handle ourselves on public trails. We are free to choose how we ride, but should eBikes create a problem, there may be a lot of critics who may be all too willing to call us out. With that cautionary note: Now more than ever, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY XP!

After I ordered my XP in July, I checked out the National Park Service eBike policy on trails and was surprised to learn that the NPS was banning them. This meant that I could not ride one of my favorite trails in the C&O Canal National Historic Park. I wrote to them to essentially state the case that: As an "aging boomer" I can ride the longer distances that make the historic towpath trail so unique. I added that it's not the bike that creates a discourteous or dangerous rider, it's the rider that makes the choices. Further, I pointed out that eBikes are not noisy and they don't create pollution. (Heck, even horses tend to pass gas and that's methane!) The reply I received from the NPS was simply a restatement of the banned policy. So I wrote to my two Senators and Congressman, and did get a reply from one of the senators, who expressed thanks for "raising the issue into the radar." Still, I continued to feel generally glum about this, and then this morning I see that the NPS has changed its policy! We can now ride their trails. To my fellow riders: The eBikes are a new phenomenon. A lot of people will be watching and observing how we handle ourselves on public trails. We are free to choose how we ride, but should eBikes create a problem, there may be a lot of critics who may be all too willing to call us out. With that cautionary note: Now more than ever, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY XP!

I have read several posts where ebkies are banned. My local Beach town has banned ebikes except in the traffic lanes with cars. For the reasons you stated, idiots with rented ebike racing up and down the beaches with people laying in the sand. The punishment is a warning 1st offense, 2nd offense $150. fine. I have COPD, will carry my disability card, ride like a sane person, do not plan on riding on crowded trails. If I can't explain my situation and do get a ticket, so what. It's not like they are going to take away my 21st Birthday. 😂 Good post, thank you.

I think that’s great. I didn’t even know they were previously banned. The more baby boomers, the more it may be needed to keep attendance at these places going.

But as you said, we need to all be good examples and follow the guidelines. Having been a horse owner and trail rider, I feel the horses are more of a mess (even dog waste is supposed to be picked up on trails), noisy and safety concern than any e bike would be. And they have managed to stay on the trails. Good article, thanks for the info.

The white e-bike in our order just received an updated ETA from FedEx, moving from September 5 to 6th. Still shows as being in transit in Arcadia, CA.

Nothing on the black bike other than a label was created on August 27.

This is very good news, but I think I might have put two restrictions in place so as to reach something of a compromise with those groups opposed. The first would have been to restrict usage to 55 and older or people with a disabled parking permit. The second would have been to limit the usage to Class 2 bikes, and not Class 3 (28 mph). I think 20 mph on these trails is plenty, and probably even overkill if you're out enjoying scenery. I see that they did put in a restriction that you have to pedal and can't use throttle. While I support ebikes on park trails, I do have a possibly overblown fear of youngsters zipping along at 28 mph. But overall, this is great news.

I've stumbled upon the recent "Trump admin to allow e-bikes on national park trails" articles in my Google feed and thought wow that's actually great news! At one of my favorite forest preserve destinations currently there are small signs posted that state "No e-bikes or pedal assisted bicycles allowed on the trails." I was heartbroken and dumbfounded when I saw this! From what i understand, some times these trails are shared with horses and their riders as well as the occasional bicyclist and pedestrian. Honestly i hope this reform changes the rule against e-bikes. I'm definitely not interested in going 28 mph (class 3) or even 20 mph (class 2) on my e-bike while on a dirt or paved trail. I'm simply there to enjoy the peace and quiet the scenery provides at a leisure pace. Heck even 15 mph would be plenty fast!

I can’t even get a confirmation email that I bought my bikes haha. Just a text message saying we charged you. Not very comforting

Back