Lectric XP

Don't spray silicone on your brakes. That's considered a contaminant. Only clean with mild soap and water. Then finish off with ispropenol to clean the disc. Spraying silicone on your brakes is a bad idea and may stop noise temporarily but compromises your brakes.
I also wondered about that and thankfully used dry silicone spray. Hopefully no long term damage. Thanks.

Don't use brake clean from an auto parts store either. I sell the stuff it's for cars not bikes...every where I have read says use isopropenal only not brake clean...they don't use the same type of brake material. Bikes use a resin type friction material...cars don't.

Ah! I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying that. I've never heard of isopropenal. I was thinking about carb cleaner too but that may not be suitable either.

I guess that makes sense as some of the brake pads on cars contain metals and other material needed to stop a 3000 lb car traveling 60 mph that likely isn't required to stop a 60 lb ebike traveling 20 mph.

Ah! I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying that. I've never heard of isopropenal. I was thinking about carb cleaner too but that may not be suitable either.

I guess that makes sense as some of the brake pads on cars contain metals and other material needed to stop a 3000 lb car traveling 60 mph that likely isn't required to stop a 60 lb ebike traveling 20 mph.
I am probably spelling it wrong isopropyl is rubbing alcohol but the purest stuff...

Last edited:
Hi all, wife and I just returned from a couple days at Lummi Island in Washington state. The terrain has some pretty extreme hills to moderate and some flat terrain. After 5 hours riding and stopping (to take pictures, hike, etc) we put around 18 miles on these bikes. Mine ( a black one) had 1 bar of battery left. My wife's had 3. Difference was I used throttle a bit more. I put side mirror, bottle holder on these. We had no issues mechanically or electrically. Bikes worked great. The only thing is my bike (black bike) will not charge if battery is in frame. Had to take out and 5 hours later, a charged battery. My biggest lesson was that these are bikes, not scooters. These would not go up a steep hill with throttle only. I found that in 3rd gear and PAS3 i had no trouble.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_2857.JPG
    IMG_2857.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 396
Hi all, wife and I just returned from a couple days at Lummi Island in Washington state. The terrain has some pretty extreme hills to moderate and some flat terrain. After 5 hours riding and stopping (to take pictures, hike, etc) we put around 18 miles on these bikes. Mine ( a black one) had 1 bar of battery left. My wife's had 3. Difference was I used throttle a bit more. I put side mirror, bottle holder on these. We had no issues mechanically or electrically. Bikes worked great. The only thing is my bike (black bike) will not charge if battery is in frame. Had to take out and 5 hours later, a charged battery. My biggest lesson was that these are bikes, not scooters. These would not go up a steep hill with throttle only. I found that in 3rd gear and PAS3 i had no trouble.
Pics!

;)
How is the ride quality without supension?

It's the first day after the Holiday, I hope many receive their bikes today.

FWIW all of my Amazon Prime ordered bike assessors are delayed until Monday Sept. 9 due to Hurricane Dorian and I am on the west side of the state. Shipping delays can and do happen for many different reasons. Trucks can't move during an evacuation.

FWIW all of my Amazon Prime ordered bike assessors are delayed until Monday Sept. 9 due to Hurricane Dorian and I am on the west side of the state. Shipping delays can and do happen for many different reasons. Trucks can't move during an evacuation.
I’m hoping I at least hear something about when it ships. Many who ordered after me have gotten their bikes contrary to what the company has said. Im starting to shop around and possibly just get the refund if I don’t hear from them in the next few days. Order number 2605. Seems like it should be sent in the next few days.

I’m hoping I at least hear something about when it ships. Many who ordered after me have gotten their bikes contrary to what the company has said. Im starting to shop around and possibly just get the refund if I don’t hear from them in the next few days. Order number 2605. Seems like it should be sent in the next few days.
Good friend is in the white bike, black bike delay. It seems the 3rd party shipper "goofed" again. They seem to have held the white bike back waiting for the black bike to come in. More control is needed on the 3rd party shipper as Lectric did not know why they did that. Closed for the Holiday, hopefully they will hear today. I think the Holiday threw a curve Lectric was trying to beat, it didn't happen.

Mines is supposed to be delivered today (originally expected Thursday)

Good friend is in the white bike, black bike delay. It seems the 3rd party shipper "goofed" again. They seem to have held the white bike back waiting for the black bike to come in. More control is needed on the 3rd party shipper as Lectric did not know why they did that. Closed for the Holiday, hopefully they will hear today. I think the Holiday threw a curve Lectric was trying to beat, it didn't happen.
I ordered black. Wasn’t there an email saying Black was withheld and whites sent? I’m trying to be patient.

My order#2581 had been confirmed this past July 10. Now that the long weekend has come and gone, I've been a bit more on pins and needles over wanting to be able to lock down exactly which batch shipment my black bike will be part of. I'm tempted to email them to get the status, but I am sure they are dealing with a lot of mail. The last time I emailed them I got less of the "personal touch" in their response than earlier this summer -- back when I got a personal reply from Levi himself. So I am holding to that they had advised that the actual ship date would be 7-10 days after August 27 and I am still just taking a breath and continuing to be patient, as Woodswoman315 and others have mentioned they are still doing. Again, I believe that Lectric Bikes may be simply dealing with their success and have not (yet) lost faith in the company. Looks like the "rubber is on the road" for them, now that they've got all these orders to fufill. ...Although the only rubber on the road that I am really only concerned about is those two particular BFTs that need to be on MY road ASAP. (Pan up on the old "Please Mr. Postman" song...lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered black. Wasn’t there an email saying Black was withheld and whites sent? I’m trying to be patient.
That's what the email said, however the 3rd party shipper may not have received the email. 😁 Their tracking numbers are in the 2200's and have not gone out yet. Hopefully more will be known today. Delays do happen, it's just not fun when it is yours. Not happy about my accessories being late either, but I could be on the other coast and really have something to be worried about.

Back