Lectric XP

Thank You!
By the by, there are quite a few people on this forum that haven't gotten any feedback from Lectric about their order and it would be awesome if people that have gotten notified that they're receiving their bike soon take just a moment to provide a little info. It might help the rest of us gauge where we are in the process.

Order # would be good (although I can understand someone feeling a little uneasy about that).
Order date would be good.
Shipment group/batch ie "late Aug", "early Sept" would be good.
The date you're expecting it or got it.
Heck the color is suddenly an issue so that too.
And if you got it, WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS IT A KEEPER?
Well I think it's pretty much official everyone that has gotten these have raved about them, they are keepers including me

Well, keep in mind the pattern has been basically this: "early month" delivery means the bikes start shipping around the middle of the month, 1-3 days between label creation and actual movement, 3-6 days to ship depending on where you are.

"late month"delivery means the bikes start shipping around the end of the month, 1-3 days between label creation and actual movement, 3-6 days to ship depending on where you are.

so, mine for example, was late August shipping... label was created on the 30th, actual movement began on the 31st, and I'm scheduled to get my XP on the 5th.

That's the reality; but for me, for what appeals to be an excellent quality product at roughly 1/2- 2/3 of the competition, I am willing to be patient.
I agree 100% although it is easier for me to say this as I received ours.. but that being said this is a start up company and everyone needs to be patient it's well worth the wait. I have dealt with them on a few minor issues and the customer service is been nothing but fantastic...

Well, keep in mind the pattern has been basically this: "early month" delivery means the bikes start shipping around the middle of the month, 1-3 days between label creation and actual movement, 3-6 days to ship depending on where you are.

"late month"delivery means the bikes start shipping around the end of the month, 1-3 days between label creation and actual movement, 3-6 days to ship depending on where you are.

so, mine for example, was late August shipping... label was created on the 30th, actual movement began on the 31st, and I'm scheduled to get my XP on the 5th.

That's the reality; but for me, for what appeals to be an excellent quality product at roughly 1/2- 2/3 of the competition, I am willing to be patient.
Me too, but there is 1k orders between the orders... Seems more than a month to go, haven't seen any emails or shipping labels or anything. I'm okay with waiting. The bikes look great, but would sorta like to know if I'm on schedule or way off.

Me too, but there is 1k orders between the orders... Seems more than a month to go, haven't seen any emails or shipping labels or anything. I'm okay with waiting. The bikes look great, but would sorta like to know if I'm on schedule or way off.

Yea, makes sense. Lectric has been transparent about the delay on black bikes, not getting the container they expected, and about a week delay. Other than that, its really hard to know. I will say that they have been very responsive to emails from me (and others, who have posted here and on FB about it). Hard for me to imagine the time and effort that are putting into getting thousands and thousands of orders filled, dealing with the logistics of product delivery from China, shipping domestically, etc. Apparently they have to hand enter all the delivery labels in the fedex system....that seems crazy in and of itself!

Yea, makes sense. Lectric has been transparent about the delay on black bikes, not getting the container they expected, and about a week delay. Other than that, its really hard to know. I will say that they have been very responsive to emails from me (and others, who have posted here and on FB about it). Hard for me to imagine the time and effort that are putting into getting thousands and thousands of orders filled, dealing with the logistics of product delivery from China, shipping domestically, etc. Apparently they have to hand enter all the delivery labels in the fedex system....that seems crazy in and of itself!
Just now got a reply from Lectric team in email. They told me things are 'running a bit late' and that early Sept shipments are mid September'. Sounds good to me. I suppose they could ship out 1k in two weeks.

We'll see right?

I wish I could of ordered earlier but I didn't have a shipping address before that date. The joys of not having a house anymore. Just hoping it shows up before October 1st don't want to have to reroute the bike!

I received an email from Brent over night. My order is #2603 ordered July 10th and is a black bike. I’m trying to be patient but It is getting a little old hearing there is really no date to look forward to. Knowing they are creating labels by hand and them saying they will begin sending them out just isn’t very reassuring to me that a soon to be date will be happening.

Susan,
We expect to receive more black bikes this week. Once they are received we can begin to send them out. I expect you'll see your FedEx tracking number created soon.

Thank you for your patience.
Brent

By the by, there are quite a few people on this forum that haven't gotten any feedback from Lectric about their order and it would be awesome if people that have gotten notified that they're receiving their bike soon take just a moment to provide a little info. It might help the rest of us gauge where we are in the process.

Order # would be good (although I can understand someone feeling a little uneasy about that).
Order date would be good.
Shipment group/batch ie "late Aug", "early Sept" would be good.
The date you're expecting it or got it.
Heck the color is suddenly an issue so that too.
And if you got it, WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS IT A KEEPER?
Many of those have been posted here. Trading of invoice numbers have been going on all day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/lec...35841206950&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

I received an email from Brent over night. My order is #2603 ordered July 10th and is a black bike. I’m trying to be patient but It is getting a little old hearing there is really no date to look forward to. Knowing they are creating labels by hand and them saying they will begin sending them out just isn’t very reassuring to me that a soon to be date will be happening.
Having been in the mail order business for 18 years, what is a company to do when a supplier ships the wrong product and they don't speak English.? Who do you complain to? I hate to say how many times I have been there. 😊 I knew the risk of getting a great bike at 1/2 the price, I figured an extra month when I ordered. I was a winner, I only used 3 weeks of that month. Ordered 6/13 confirmed 6/20 arrived 8/26. I had the time to wait so I chose the $899. Lectric. My "I want it now" option was a RadMini at $1,499.
The problem we had with the first orders was no communication, we didn't have a clue what was going on and if there were any bikes. Now there is communication, you received an email, and there have been a few others. There are bikes on the street so we know they do exist and the reviews are fantastic.

Now that the product is so hot, the demand has exceeded the price. Look for longer delays, or more help to be hired to increase shipping demands. One or the other will have to happen, I don't see a happy medium.

Having been in the mail order business for 18 years, what is a company to do when a supplier ships the wrong product and they don't speak English.? Who do you complain to? I hate to say how many times I have been there. 😊 I knew the risk of getting a great bike at 1/2 the price, I figured an extra month when I ordered. I was a winner, I only used 3 weeks of that month. Ordered 6/13 confirmed 6/20 arrived 8/26. I had the time to wait so I chose the $899. Lectric. My "I want it now" option was a RadMini at $1,499.

I have to say I agree very much with Brobox's take here. Something I think people should take into account is that this is not a company with seasoned professionals at the helm. They may be very smart and capable young men, but they are young, and according to their website, I'm not sure there's more than Robby, Levi, and Levi's dad Brent running the store. They were selling electric skateboards before ebikes, a much different animal with a much different demographic. Near as I've been able to tell from this thread, a good number of us are seniors, and we are dealing with a millennial company working in millennial fashion - online. The ease with which one is able to create a product using a white label bike, some component tweaks, a bit of branding, and some tweaks to the software (I'll admit part of the attraction of the XP is the ease with which it can be programmed to reach 28mph) is, to this senior, rather stunning. I'm guessing this is a startup business that hoped to sell a few ebikes to augment their skateboard business, and they got caught in a perfect storm of events.

Add to this the current trade war and uncertainty in the marketplace, shipping issues from China, many positive reviews on Youtube channels and on this thread, what appears to be a crush of orders (I have Order #4075 on 8/16, white), and I think what we have here is a case of incredible growth that these young people were unprepared to handle. Their supplier in China screws up, Shopify screws up, FedEx has no clue what's going on, and everything looks helter-skelter. As my favorite writer Kurt Vonnegut often said, "So it goes."

I appreciate that they realized more communication was necessary, and they are trying to be as positive as they can without driving away their customers or experiencing a mass cancellation of orders. I'm in no fantastic hurry for my bike, since I have another cruiser/commuter on hand. I do have a few short trips coming up, but whether the bike comes or no is not an issue. In reality, I don't expect to see my bike (early September) until late Sept. Even in snowbelt country I expect I can ride the bike in many instances up to Thanksgiving. Taking the long view, I hope once it comes, the years of enjoyable riding will outweigh the months of nervous anticipation.

For those that have bike shipping delays, get ready for more, proof it happens with any company! I've had my bike for a week and made a list of assecories I wanted, and needed, one bike is down for a popped tube. Spent the weekend ordering from Amazon Prime only to find out they stopped shipping into the hurricane states for a week. I live on the west coast of FL, way away from the hurricane, but shipping is still delayed until next Monday. If you rely on mail order of any kind, expect delays beyond your control, even from Amazon.
I pay $125 a year for express shipping with Amazon, I paid nothing with Lectric. Prime is delayed by an act of God, Lectric delayed by an act of shipping and order fulfillment. Same results, different companies.

I have to say I agree very much with Brobox's take here. Something I think people should take into account is that this is not a company with seasoned professionals at the helm. They may be very smart and capable young men, but they are young, and according to their website, I'm not sure there's more than Robby, Levi, and Levi's dad Brent running the store. They were selling electric skateboards before ebikes, a much different animal with a much different demographic. Near as I've been able to tell from this thread, a good number of us are seniors, and we are dealing with a millennial company working in millennial fashion - online. The ease with which one is able to create a product using a white label bike, some component tweaks, a bit of branding, and some tweaks to the software (I'll admit part of the attraction of the XP is the ease with which it can be programmed to reach 28mph) is, to this senior, rather stunning. I'm guessing this is a startup business that hoped to sell a few ebikes to augment their skateboard business, and they got caught in a perfect storm of events.

Add to this the current trade war and uncertainty in the marketplace, shipping issues from China, many positive reviews on Youtube channels and on this thread, what appears to be a crush of orders (I have Order #4075 on 8/16, white), and I think what we have here is a case of incredible growth that these young people were unprepared to handle. Their supplier in China screws up, Shopify screws up, FedEx has no clue what's going on, and everything looks helter-skelter. As my favorite writer Kurt Vonnegut often said, "So it goes."

I appreciate that they realized more communication was necessary, and they are trying to be as positive as they can without driving away their customers or experiencing a mass cancellation of orders. I'm in no fantastic hurry for my bike, since I have another cruiser/commuter on hand. I do have a few short trips coming up, but whether the bike comes or no is not an issue. In reality, I don't expect to see my bike (early September) until late Sept. Even in snowbelt country I expect I can ride the bike in many instances up to Thanksgiving. Taking the long view, I hope once it comes, the years of enjoyable riding will outweigh the months of nervous anticipation.
Same here. And stuff.

I ordered mine on 8/16, four days later. The difference between our order #s is 247 bikes. A little bit of evidence of how overwhelmed they may be with orders.
It could be more. Some order numbers were for 2 bikes like mine was and good friends of ours. Two bikes one order number. The are selling a lot of bikes! processing is going to take time. Early Aug order, 2.5 months and that was before the word got out how great the bike were. 😊

Last edited:
Update on my shipping: the white one will be here tomorrow (was going to be Friday) and the black one is still in the
"label created" zone.
Hi mbutts. I ordered a white one and black one also. What was your expected delivery when you ordered please?

1567606278997.png
It looks like out of the four staff members shown on the Lectric Ebikes website, one of them is their shop dog, Soldier. Soldier will keep them straight during any order crunch!

Back