Lectric XP

I am new to the forum, having read the posts for the past couple of weeks and it’s exciting to see the growth in this community. Like many of you I began watching the YouTube videos but it was Micah’s Ebike review that really caught my eye.

I have two bikes on order, a black one and a white one, with an early September delivery date. I’m in Canada but I’m having the bikes shipped to Port Angeles WA where I’ll pick them up and then pay duty and taxes at the border. I figured that would be faster than having Lectric deal with all the red tape associated with getting them delivered to Canada. Plus, I avoid the $150 shipping fee to Canada, but that saving is more than eaten up by the import taxes.

According to the Canada Customs office I will have to pay 13% excise tax, plus Goods & Services Tax (GST) of 5%, and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) of 7%. So that is 25% taxation over and above the $899 preorder price. Oddly, they don’t tax bicycles in BC, but they do tax ebikes..We pay a lot of taxes here in Canada.....But I’m still really looking to riding them after they arrive.

21 MILES ON THROTTLE ONLY...Ok guys so I've had my bike since Saturday and I've experimented with all different pas assist modes, throttle only, class 1 & 2 in all different types of terrain for a total of 60 miles with 2 charges giving me a total of around 30 miles per charge...So today I wanted to know what range I would get with THROTTLE ONLY NO PEDALING so with a full charge this morning I tested it...the terrain is completely flat mostly riding on the street little or no wind condition alot of long straight aways where I could maintain 19 to 21 mph about 70 % of the time tires at 15 psi and set for class 2... I only weight 150 lbs and I used full throttle whenever possible...at 21 miles the energy bar started flashing showing the battery depleted and I pedaled .7 miles home ,View attachment 37412the ride was non stop and it took 1.5 hours. This is a good indication of what this bike can do I'm very impressed with this range in almost ideal conditions...I hope other owners can post their results...

Thank you for posting your results! Time for me to lose some weight 😂 I'm 190 lbs.

I am new to all of this, so please bear with me. I bought an XP and have been following all of the comments on various sites. The XP is for travel. I also bought an Electric Bike Company Model Y. They are in Newport CA. Electric gets frames from overseas, but all the rest of the bike is made in the US. Check them out. Sound like tanks. No gears, but do you really need gears with a PAS. Check out the site; very impressive. Only wish I could have purchased the top of the line. So it goes.

Hello OLR! I took you up on your suggestion to visit Electric Bike Company. They are rather impressive in that they seem to be specifically targeting the non-riding demographic who hasn't been on a bike in a long time. I think it's important, though, to qualify that "made in the US" statement. You may think I am being picky or just being a jerk, but the bikes are "assembled" in the US, not quite "made" in the US. This is rather common these days with the global economy; nothing is really made from start to finish in the US or probably any other country. Parts are sourced world-wide, and then "assembled" in a factory or warehouse.

The reason I am so picky about this is because I think it is a deceptive advertising ploy to appeal to those people who want to support the US economy and "buy American" (which I have nothing personally against). They admit they buy the frames (not the complete bike, just the bare frames) overseas. I think the metaphor here would be one of a Subway or similar sandwich shop, where you walk in, order a sandwich, and that sandwich is "made to order" from the ingredients they have in stock (the EBC Model Y), as opposed to going into a 7-11 or other convenience store and buying a pre-wrapped already made (assembled) sandwich (the XP). That's why you can customize it to your liking - they give you a list of what parts they have available, you make the choices, and they assemble your bike from their stock parts. They specify which manufacturer's battery cells they use, which are also Chinese/Japanese (Samsung, Panasonic, LG). Again, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but I am always on the lookout for deceiving and deceptive practices in advertising;I've been doing that most of my adult life. The EBC Model Y looks like a fine bike, and EBC as a company does offer some very unique features (you will LOVE those hydraulic brakes). I am sure you'll enjoy it immensely, but it was not "made" in the US; it was "put together" ("assembled" or "built") in the US.

Once again, let me apologize for being THAT GUY. I hope you enjoy your new bikes and get long life out of them!

21 MILES ON THROTTLE ONLY...Ok guys so I've had my bike since Saturday and I've experimented with all different pas assist modes, throttle only, class 1 & 2 in all different types of terrain for a total of 60 miles with 2 charges giving me a total of around 30 miles per charge...So today I wanted to know what range I would get with THROTTLE ONLY NO PEDALING so with a full charge this morning I tested it...the terrain is completely flat mostly riding on the street little or no wind condition alot of long straight aways where I could maintain 19 to 21 mph about 70 % of the time tires at 15 psi and set for class 2... I only weight 150 lbs and I used full throttle whenever possible...at 21 miles the energy bar started flashing showing the battery depleted and I pedaled .7 miles home ,View attachment 37412the ride was non stop and it took 1.5 hours. This is a good indication of what this bike can do I'm very impressed with this range in almost ideal conditions...I hope other owners can post their results...
That's great news

Hello OLR! I took you up on your suggestion to visit Electric Bike Company. They are rather impressive in that they seem to be specifically targeting the non-riding demographic who hasn't been on a bike in a long time. I think it's important, though, to qualify that "made in the US" statement. You may think I am being picky or just being a jerk, but the bikes are "assembled" in the US, not quite "made" in the US. This is rather common these days with the global economy; nothing is really made from start to finish in the US or probably any other country. Parts are sourced world-wide, and then "assembled" in a factory or warehouse.

The reason I am so picky about this is because I think it is a deceptive advertising ploy to appeal to those people who want to support the US economy and "buy American" (which I have nothing personally against). They admit they buy the frames (not the complete bike, just the bare frames) overseas. I think the metaphor here would be one of a Subway or similar sandwich shop, where you walk in, order a sandwich, and that sandwich is "made to order" from the ingredients they have in stock (the EBC Model Y), as opposed to going into a 7-11 or other convenience store and buying a pre-wrapped already made (assembled) sandwich (the XP). That's why you can customize it to your liking - they give you a list of what parts they have available, you make the choices, and they assemble your bike from their stock parts. They specify which manufacturer's battery cells they use, which are also Chinese/Japanese (Samsung, Panasonic, LG). Again, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but I am always on the lookout for deceiving and deceptive practices in advertising;I've been doing that most of my adult life. The EBC Model Y looks like a fine bike, and EBC as a company does offer some very unique features (you will LOVE those hydraulic brakes). I am sure you'll enjoy it immensely, but it was not "made" in the US; it was "put together" ("assembled" or "built") in the US.

Once again, let me apologize for being THAT GUY. I hope you enjoy your new bikes and get long life out of them!
Wow! a reply. Thanks. Actually, Electric Bike Company uses a non-bafang motor, a battery of their actual creation(they own 1/2 the company), granted same core types, lithium and tecktro hydraulic, they make their own wheels, custom paint in Newport Beach. So, not a cut and paste. It is an American company. None-the-less, really looking forward to getting both bikes. I even bought a go-pro to show both, if any interest.

Finally got my new Lectric bike today. Because I moved locations the extra time it took me was a few more days. Shipping experience wasn't good, Lectric is learning a thing or two about shipping. I was told it was to ship on August 13th, I just got the bike today August 29th! They're learning. The bike is in perfect condition aside from a few little scratches on the kickstand. Can't wait until the battery charges up so I can try it out.

Finally got my new Lectric bike today. Because I moved locations the extra time it took me was a few more days. Shipping experience wasn't good, Lectric is learning a thing or two about shipping. I was told it was to ship on August 13th, I just got the bike today August 29th! They're learning. The bike is in perfect condition aside from a few little scratches on the kickstand. Can't wait until the battery charges up so I can try it out.

View attachment 37421
Looks good in white!

Does anyone know which company makes the motor that is in the Lectric XP? Many Chinese made ebikes use Bafung motors but the Lectric is branded with their own logo. The batteries are clearly identified as LG, but what about the motor? Any insights from any owners or company reps out there?

View attachment 37421
Really like the white, glad that's what I ordered, just hoping now it gets here before the snow flies.

Does anyone know which company makes the motor that is in the Lectric XP? Many Chinese made ebikes use Bafung motors but the Lectric is branded with their own logo. The batteries are clearly identified as LG, but what about the motor? Any insights from any owners or company reps out there?
I was told by Robby of Lectric is was built to their design. He wouldn't say by who. Just that it was guaranteed for a year and if it had to be replaced it was replace with the complete wheel, no re-spoking required.

View attachment 37421
I've already scratch my kickstand myself :) If your bike does not shift past 5th gear pull the derailer guard out about a 1/2 an inch. These bikes are a hoot to ride. Check your brakes before you ride, both of my rear brakes needed adjusting. Not bad, but one of the cable housing was hung up.

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 13.13.41.jpg
    2019-08-27 13.13.41.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 423
Like I mentioned on the first impressions post about branding with Amazon Chinese products, the two in the middle are "different branding". This just arrived. I'm going to post photos of each for you guys to see if any works for you.

Attachments

• 20190829_161348.jpg
    20190829_161348.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 508

View attachment 37421
Great pic!

Yes all adults should understand
''caveat emptor"

Friends of Lectric eBikes!
I am so grateful for all of your posts! You are part of the finest collection of ebike enthusiasts ever! It's great to read how you are helping each other solve problems and offering advice.

The post yesterday from Drudewitt reminded me of the impact we can have when we all work together. Drudewitt is a self-proclaimed 63 years old who hasn't ridden a bike in years. She has had a partial knee replacement and recent foot surgery. She is now riding our Lectric XP bike and states, "These bikes make me feel like I can do anything." Wow! Comments like that are the true measure of our success. It's not the bottom line - it's that we are enhancing lives! Your posts are a huge part of that, and I'm grateful for how you are supporting our efforts!

Just a quick comment on everyone's favorite topic - shipping. Good news! We expected three containers of bikes this week and we received them. However, much to our chagrin, instead of two containers of black bikes and one container of white bikes, we received two containers of white bikes and one container of black bikes. Urghh. Unfortunately, we made shipping labels based upon our earlier expectation. This change is great if you ordered a white bike, and not so great if you ordered a black bike. We do have two containers of black bikes arriving next week, so it won't be a long delay. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." or in this case, a container of ebikes!

Lastly, we are super excited to read about all the great new ebike companies entering the market! Competition will result in better products at a lower price for you - the consumer! We built our company around the idea that we can provide a great ebike at an affordable price. With shipping costs and tariffs that is proving to be a significant challenge, and we appreciate others joining us in that effort.

Thank you for being a friend and advocate for Lectric eBikes! We appreciate you!
Brent

I am so grateful for all of your posts! You are part of the finest collection of ebike enthusiasts ever! It's great to read how you are helping each other solve problems and offering advice.

The post yesterday from Drudewitt reminded me of the impact we can have when we all work together. Drudewitt is a self-proclaimed 63 years old who hasn't ridden a bike in years. She has had a partial knee replacement and recent foot surgery. She is now riding our Lectric XP bike and states, "These bikes make me feel like I can do anything." Wow! Comments like that are the true measure of our success. It's not the bottom line - it's that we are enhancing lives! Your posts are a huge part of that, and I'm grateful for how you are supporting our efforts!

Just a quick comment on everyone's favorite topic - shipping. Good news! We expected three containers of bikes this week and we received them. However, much to our chagrin, instead of two containers of black bikes and one container of white bikes, we received two containers of white bikes and one container of black bikes. Urghh. Unfortunately, we made shipping labels based upon our earlier expectation. This change is great if you ordered a white bike, and not so great if you ordered a black bike. We do have two containers of black bikes arriving next week, so it won't be a long delay. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." or in this case, a container of ebikes!

Lastly, we are super excited to read about all the great new ebike companies entering the market! Competition will result in better products at a lower price for you - the consumer! We built our company around the idea that we can provide a great ebike at an affordable price. With shipping costs and tariffs that is proving to be a significant challenge, and we appreciate others joining us in that effort.

Thank you for being a friend and advocate for Lectric eBikes! We appreciate you!
Brent

thank you for the continued communication Brent!

Brent
Will white bikes get bumped up in order line?

Back