Lectric XP

First rides. I've never ridden an electric bike before and the expectation was a little different than the reality. I thought I'd have more control over my speeds, but not so much. if you are in PAS 1 and pedaling, you're going 11 or 12 MPH period. PAS 2 and pedaling, you're going 15 or 16 MPH period. So when I have to maneuver more carefully and at lower speeds, I've been using the throttle. That works OK, I'm Just going to have to relearn how to ride. I would like it if PAS 1 was lower speed, maybe 7 or 8 MPH. Also, there's a lag between pedaling and motor kicking in of about 5 pedal rotations. I would like it if it was less of a lag.
By the time I hit PAS 3, I am going 20 MPH and I've run out of gears. in other words my pedaling is doing nothing. It's like going down hill really fast, the high gear is no longer high enough and I'm just spinning without actually contributing anything. at that point I might as well be throttle only.
So I'm getting a freewheel that has higher gears like explained on the second review by Kevcentral (DnP 11-28 tooth). That should let me pedal at 20+ MPH. But for now if I ride in PAS2 at 16 MPH I'm good.
I also don't like the seat. its fine for short trips but after 10 miles I get "numb-butt" and that's no good. I have a love/hate relationship with bicycle seats and have found one I really like (Sella SMP TDK). I have it on my folding bike and will swap it over to see if its better. it's not as kushy so I my be in the market again.
Anyway, thanx for reading. my brother is coming over to ride it today and I'm curious his reaction.
PS. 23 miles before I re-charged. it still had 2 or 3 bars left and I probably could've got 5 more miles.

Last edited:
First rides. I've never ridden an electric bike before and the expectation was a little different than the reality. I thought I'd have more control over my speeds, but not so much. if you are in PAS 1 and pedaling, you're going 11 or 12 MPH period. PAS 2 and pedaling, you're going 15 or 16 MPH period. So when I have to maneuver more carefully and at lower speeds, I've been using the throttle. That works OK, I'm Just going to have to relearn how to ride. I would like it if PAS 1 was lower speed, maybe 7 or 8 MPH. Also, there's a lag between pedaling and motor kicking in of about 5 pedal rotations. I would like it if it was less of a lag.
By the time I hit PAS 3, I am going 20 MPH and I've run out of gears. in other words my pedaling is doing nothing. It's like going down hill really fast, the high gear is no longer high enough and I'm just spinning without actually contributing anything. at that point I might as well be throttle only.
So I'm getting a freewheel that has higher gears like explained on the second review by Kevcentral (DnP 11-28 tooth). That should let me pedal at 20+ MPH. But for now if I ride in PAS2 at 16 MPH I'm good.
I also don't like the seat. its fine for short trips but after 10 miles I get "numb-butt" and that's no good. I have a love/hate relationship with bicycle seats and have found one I really like (Sella SMP TDK). I have it on my folding bike and will swap it over to see if its better. it's not as kushy so I my be in the market again.
Anyway, thanx for reading. my brother is coming over to ride it today and I'm curious his reaction.
PS. 23 miles before I re-charged. it still had 2 or 3 bars left and I probably could've got 5 more miles.
Pics!

Just a thought make sure that it is shifting all the way to seventh gear, my girlfriends was only going to five it was hitting the bracket. ....If you take a look at the comments with Kevcentral the front gear has actually already been replaced to a bigger one to offset that problem .Also I ride a bike a lot but I find I can do 28 miles an hour and still keep peddling I'm pedaling fast though... Also make sure you start out in first or second and pedal up then you don't need to throttle it as spins up faster

Picked up our bikes g from the states this morning. Well I must say we are extremely pleased with the quality of the bikes The paint and finish it's very good and they were well packed up. We have already done 7 miles of mostly hardpacked trails. My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike for one year and she felt like superwoman on it. Definitely there is exercise but not painful. There were some minor issues with my bike, loose bolts, the guard for the derailer was hitting. The front headset was loose and rattled. I regreased the bearings and tightened it up. I tightened up one fender bolt that rattled. Overall everything else is fantastic. We couldn't be happier just minor glitches.Thank you Lectric

Thanks for these pics. Hey, could you link me to those nice frame mounted bags and bar end mirrors? Those look perfect.

I have couple of questions for the owners who have received the bike...
  • When the bike is folded, do the tires align parallel to each other? Is it possible to hold and lift the bike from the section it's folded and comfortably drag it on its wheels with one hand! As if carrying a luggage with wheels?
  • Do you have to remove panniers from the back rack before folding the bike?

Just some info for everyone here.I had some minor problems with one of our bikes. I contacted Lectric and they have already responded and have been excellent as far as a customer service. Two thumbs up Lectric 👍
Thanks for these pics. Hey, could you link me to those nice frame mounted bags and bar end mirrors? Those look perfect.

TOOGOO 1 Pair 7/8 22Mm Motorcycle... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SBSZT8X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

C$ 15.11 44%OFF | B-SOUL Insulated Trunk Cooler Bag Cycling Bicycle Rear Rack Storage Luggage Bag Reflective MTB Bike Pannier Bag Shoulder Bag

The front bag is the same as the cooler bag I just can't find the bill same brand so it matches and they have reflection on them

Last edited:
My bike is due mid sept... I was looking at batteries there are other batteries with the same form factor but more Ah 14ah is this one.
Do you guys know if they are all the same?
Bob

Thank you snokid, I was planning to buy a spare battery. I do see myself doing 30+ miles one way on some weekends, having second battery would help me in making such decision.
I have never heard of aliexpress but I am willing to take the risk, as their 48V 14ah sounds very lucrative (672 Watt hour). Only if there is way to confirm if that battery will work on lectric xp.

Just some info for everyone here.I had some minor problems with one of our bikes. I contacted Lectric and they have already responded and name have been excellent as far as a customer service. Two thumbs up Lectric 👍

TOOGOO 1 Pair 7/8 22Mm Motorcycle... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SBSZT8X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

C$ 15.11 44%OFF | B-SOUL Insulated Trunk Cooler Bag Cycling Bicycle Rear Rack Storage Luggage Bag Reflective MTB Bike Pannier Bag Shoulder Bag

The front bag is the same as the cooler bag I just can't find the bill same brand so it matches and they have reflection on them
Really like those mirrors, were they pretty easy installation?

A child could install except...use exacto knife to cut out the end of the handlebar and install new bar end.....make sure this part that goes on to the end of the handlebar is really tight...then install the mirror on the bar end and tighten..🍺

Last edited:

great! thanks for the info!

Thank you snokid, I was planning to buy a spare battery. I do see myself doing 30+ miles one way on some weekends, having second battery would help me in making such decision.
I have never heard of aliexpress but I am willing to take the risk, as their 48V 14ah sounds very lucrative (672 Watt hour). Only if there is way to confirm if that battery will work on lectric xp.

I was looking at those also, I think someone said the higher capacity ones may be longer than the lower? Not sure...

I just receive this email at 3:11 pm today
Early Sept Delivery Date

Shipping Update and Price Increase
Friends of Lectric eBikes,
Thank you for joining our community of riders! We appreciate you!

Great news! Last week we finished an extended process of sending one thousand bikes to many of our August customers. It was a significant achievement. - and we could not have accomplished it without you! Thank you!

We have several additional large shipments scheduled in the next couple of months. Our remaining August customers will have their bikes begin to ship August 27th. Those with a "early September" shipping will begin to have their bikes sent the second week of September and those with a "September shipping" can expect theirs to start shipping around the 4th week of September. All batches will take 7-10 days to have all of the bikes sent from the time we begin shipping. Please note that our expected shipping dates are subject to change. Such is the challenge associated with pre-orders. We know that can be frustrating for you - and we share many of those same frustrations. We are committed to shipping your bike to you as quickly as possible. To our Canadian customers, we are still seeking approval to export our bikes to you. We hope to have that resolved soon.

We have several areas of opportunity related to shipping and communication. We are committed to continuous improvement in ourselves - and our bikes - and we appreciate all who have provided valuable feedback! We also recognize we made some mistakes, and to those impacted, please accept our sincere apologies.

Prior to riding your bike, make sure you review the Lectric XP Owners Manual and review the First Ride video prepared by our Lectric Service Center! (It has come to our attention some customers have received an outdated manual, please use the most up to date version attached to this message) These tools will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xPFzqKtiUIo

XP Manual

We are pleased to announce the pre-order will continue in September! However, we will be increasing the price of our Lectric XP on September 1 to $999. I'm sure you will agree it remains an incredible value!
mail

I realize purchasing an electric bike is a significant investment. I also realize shipping dates for pre-order purchases are fluid. Thank you for your patience - and for placing your trust in us!

We look forward to riding with you!

1566861099196.png

Back