Lectric XP

I have direct shorted cells @ about the 5:00 minute mark is what happens, well sometimes not always sometimes nothing happens.

Lets look at how the pack is put together thou.
cells are spot welded together then they feed the bms, the bms has FET'S to switch the flow of electricity on to the bike. If you were to short out the whole pack the FET would fail.

The biggest concern with an extra battery is how to carry it...
They don't fit in the bags that came with the bike.
backpack? I guess that would work but bouncing around getting hit by the pack over every little bump doesn't sound fun either.
OMG man.
Please do that test with 52 cells at 54 volts

The question I have about the batteries on AliExpress, where is Lectric getting their batteries from? AliExpress has every available part for the XP, why would the battery any in different? An earlier post said the Rattan battery was interchangeable with the XP.....where did the Rattan battery come from? I don't think bike companies are building batteries, GM an Ford doesn't, the just rebrand from battery manufactures.
I didnt say every pack on Ali is crap.
I just said the one linked I wouldn't buy. Because its crap for XP.
BMS in that pack is too low even if cells are OK

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy that battery.
Personally if you want to take the chance it's your money, but I agree I would not buy one of those either, for one thing you need to look at who makes the cells for the battery and I've never heard of the company making these batteries. Glad I got a spare from Lectric before they sold out of them.

I don't have to explain anything so no one reasons with me ;)
I also don't have to tell you what battery to buy.

Everything is explained on battery page. Its made for Samebike lo26 which is 350W bike.
Now Look at BMS info. 15 to 20A? Which is it? 5A max difference is a lot. What if its 15A max and your bike pulls 18A? Even at 20A it is on low side. XP is limited at 18A but +/- 2A is normal for controller.
Need more info. Plus with good cells it should be at least 30 minimum.

Looks like everyone wants exactly same battery and its OK but you will have to find a place to transport the 2nd one.
I can tell you right now that backpack is very very bad idea. Ammo box or fireproof bag would be the best.

I be getting rear rack battery and I'm not saying that's the best or "correct" battery. It just makes me feel safer plus I don't have to disconnect one to run the other. Just turn off one with key while other is on.

P.S. Don't apologize , it's a sign of weakness , plus it looks like some here like rude statements.

I'm not familiar with the Samebike LO26 so I had to Google it. One Gearbest site listed it as 500W and others list it as 350W. However, most list it as 48V. Isn't that the more important metric? (48V system, motor wattage just tells us how much "work" that particular motor can do.)

Maximum Continuous Discharge Current (A): 15A-20A

Isn't 18A right in the middle of this range therefore within normal range? I'm not sure I understand the problem you described.

I assume everyone just wants the battery that works "out-of-the-box". You're right this big battery could start a fire (and potentially lead to death) so we'd like to find the most compatible, least confusing, safest, large capacity battery when compared to what Lectric is selling directly to us.

Why do you say putting a lithium ion battery in a backpack is unsafe? Will the movement, shaking and vibration cause the battery to be disturbed and explode or catch fire?

Sounds like you intend to run two batteries in parallel. I don't think most here who want a larger capacity battery intend on doing that. But I would like to see the results of your project.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Samebike LO26 so I had to Google it. One Gearbest site listed it as 500W and others list it as 350W. However, most list it as 48V. Isn't that the more important metric? (48V system, motor wattage just tells us how much "work" that particular motor can do.)

Maximum Continuous Discharge Current (A): 15A-20A

Isn't 18A right in the middle of this range therefore within normal range? I'm not sure I understand the problem you described.

I assume everyone just wants the battery that works "out-of-the-box". You're right this big battery could start a fire (and potentially lead to death) so we'd like to find the most compatible, least confusing, safest, large capacity battery when compared to what Lectric is selling directly to us.

Why do you say putting a battery in a backpack is unsafe? Will the movement, shaking and vibration cause the battery to be disturbed and explode or catch fire?

Sounds like you intend to run two batteries in parallel. I don't think most here who want a larger capacity battery intend on doing that. But I would like to see your results of your project.
I already answered your questions why I wouldn't buy that battery and if you want to buy it then go for it , it's your money. Battery cells look decent but BMS is too low since XP pulls 20A uphill. Website says 15-20A max so it's like hit and miss , what if its 15A max and bike needs 20A

Backpack , battery and crash - bad combo.

Yes parallel but not at the same time. Once one battery is low I switch to another by just turn of a key.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken an Lectric battery apart to see what cells are inside? They also say the bikes come with aluminum fenders. Just saying. We maybe comparing apples to apples and don't even know it.

Has anyone taken an Lectric battery apart to see what cells are inside? They also say the bikes come with aluminum fenders. Just saying. We maybe comparing apples to apples and don't even know it.
Yes I did and battery is what Lectric says it is .

I knew there going to be someone with no knowledge asking question like that.
Is your laptop battery 54.6 volts at 40 amps?
Now if phone battery can burn a car and single cell from your bike battery pack can kill a person what will happen if you have that pack on your back and get into an accident and that pack gets short?
Do what you want , I don't care , its your life.
Ouch your kinda sounding like a
guy that used to lurk around here..

"P.S. Don't apologize , it's a sign of weakness , plus it looks like some here like rude statements."

Apologizing in real life (not in movie quotes) is usually considered to be not a sign weakness but of manners, of maturity and accepting that one does not know everything and sometimes we do or say something wrong. The biggest problem with keyboard jockeying is no one can read the facial or body language behind the post or the vocal inflection. All we have to do is give a short explanation concerning our reasons and have a proper exchange of information like eventually happened. I believe we all joined this forum for enjoyment, exchange of ideas, knowledge and experiences, to meet new people around the world and hopefully have some fun and laughs along the way.

"P.S. Don't apologize , it's a sign of weakness , plus it looks like some here like rude statements."

Apologizing in real life (not in movie quotes) is usually considered to be not a sign weakness but of manners, of maturity and accepting that one does not know everything and sometimes we do or say something wrong. The biggest problem with keyboard jockeying is no one can read the facial or body language behind the post or the vocal inflection. All we have to do is give a short explanation concerning our reasons and have a proper exchange of information like eventually happened. I believe we all joined this forum for enjoyment, exchange of ideas, knowledge and experiences, to meet new people around the world and hopefully have some fun and laughs along the way.
Why apologize for something that you wrote and it's still there. You could edit it , write it different way and then apologize. It would actually look like you mean it. Anyway I dont really care.

Last edited:
Marshmallow center. Trying to add levity.
Exactly, for all we know, Lectric OEM batteries may have marshmallow centers. 😂 Until someone looks, they may be the same battery. Hard to say the other batteries aren't any good when we don't, or at least I don't, know what's inside of ours. A magnet still sticks to my aluminum fenders and glad it does.

Last edited:
Pics or it never happened...

Thanks for finding this. That's the battery RobK is talking about. It's slightly different than the other one posted. I have more research to do but I was ready to pull the trigger on the larger capacity battery but RobK made me think twice.

I say we bring things down a notch and keep the informative conversation going. We're all here to have fun and enjoy these ebikes and not be snappy with one another.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding this. That's the battery RobK is talking about. It's slightly different than the other one posted. I have more research to do but I was ready to pull the trigger on the larger capacity battery but RobK made me think twice.

I say we bring things down a notch and keep the informative conversation going. We're all here to have fun and enjoy these ebikes and not be snappy with one another.
Well I had no reason to lie to you. I tried to be nice guy here and I'm sure I saved you around $270. By doing that it looks like I'm a bad guy here because I didnt have time to explain why not to buy that battery. I just dont understand why you got so mad. Was it because I told you not to buy it or because battery that you wanted was no good for XP. Either way i see no reason to be rude. I promise you that you were 1st and last person on this forum that i told not to buy something. Next time I wi keep my mouth shut and let another person waste his/hers money.
Here xp oem open bat:

Attachments

• 20191019_145210.jpg
    20191019_145210.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
Well I had no reason to lie to you. I tried to be nice guy here and I'm sure I saved you around $270. By doing that it looks like I'm a bad guy here because I didnt have time to explain why not to buy that battery. I just dont understand why you got so mad. Was it because I told you not to buy it or because battery that you wanted was no good for XP. Either way i see no reason to be rude. I promise you that you were 1st and last person on this forum that i told not to buy something. Next time I wi keep my mouth shut and let another person waste his/hers money.
Here xp open bat:
You did what you did with best intentions but if you don't have time to explain say you will explain as soon as possible, not just "I wouldn't buy that battery" leave everyone hanging and then get upset when called on it. We need your brains and experience but a little explanation and thicker skin would be appreciated.

Back