Large Frame Rides

rojagrande

Newbie - Looking for something that fits my 6'3" 22o lb body.
Having a hard time finding a sturdy 21" frame ebike that can handle light trail/commute. I guess more comfortable mountain bike/hybrid than city or road bike. Max budget of $3k . Any suggestions?

The large E3 Dash (izip) is a pretty big frame, I'm 5'10" 190ish, feels a tad big for me. You can get an extended seat post but what it will probably come down to is what is available to TEST DRIVE in your area. BTW the Dash is within your budget too. Good luck! -S

Thanks Shea,
I went back to some older posts and it seems there is a need for a few bigger models out there.Dash looks promising but I also read some fascinating stuff regarding Dash vs Peak. What a great supportive community this is. Look forward to test riding and reporting on my choice.
Rg

I think I'd be equally happy on the Peak, maybe even prefer it over the Dash, it was $400 bucks more at the time. Speaking of price, the Dash went up $300 for model year 2015, maybe grab a 2014 Peak before it sees a similar jump? All speculation.

At least you get hydraulic brakes with the Peak, maintenance seems high on the mechanicals. BTW - I was drawn to the 29 inch wheels and stealthiness of the Dash's hub motor. Those 27.5 inch wheels may give you some toe room (in corners) and a nice balance of responsiveness. Maybe put a bodyfloat on it, order the longest post. Cheers, -S

The dash & Peak are great bikes and super fast & fun to ride. I am not sure what our current inventory is but we are having an end of summer sale. Another consideration is the Neo Cross by BH (Easy Motion). It comes in both a 19" and 21" frame. It is a great looking bike purpose built electric bike with the battery in frame AND hydraulic brakes, torque sensor pedal assist…. retails for $2999. You can check out the specs and Courts video review here:

Don't worry about a budget. Take out a loan to get what you want and need. It is worth it. Think about how its going to feel not having to fill your ga$ tank as often.

Back