Known Issues & Problems with Wallke Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

And here is PAS mode 3 sending a max watt of 289 while peddling.. All 3 PAS settings do the same wattage..View attachment 63678
Hi
And here is PAS mode 3 sending a max watt of 289 while peddling.. All 3 PAS settings do the same wattage..View attachment 63678
My colleague told me that they have received your email about this issue. We sincerely hope that we can determine which component is not functioning properly.
If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Email: sales@wallkeebike

1.Platform of the purchase, such as Amazon, Wallke site, etc.
2. Order ID, purchase date.
3. A brief description of your issue(pictures or video )The images or video help contribute to the storytelling process that can make science more engaging.

I took a nice ride today on mine and I noticed that my bike almost never goes over 300 watts on pedal assist. It averages 270 ish and have only ever saw 320s for a brief moment. I think your bike looks to be operating normally from a wattage output standpoint.

However you should see more than 10 MPH. For example mine will reach about 21-22 MPH on flat level pavement while using PAS 3. It will almost never exceed 300 watts to achieve this. If so it will be the 323 or so watts mentioned above.

If I hit the thumb throttle it will jump to 800 ish maybe even blip a 920 (highest ive ever saw so far).

How about everyone else? What are others seeing? Im thinking his wattage output is on par.

I've seen mine go up to full wattage especially on hills. Typical riding its minimal with pedal assist but if I'm pedaling up a hill it will go to full wattage.

I've seen mine go up to full wattage especially on hills. Typical riding its minimal with pedal assist but if I'm pedaling up a hill it will go to full wattage.

Well maybe theres something wrong with mine too. I primarily just use PAS1 on trails or thumb throttle running all out. I noticed that my watt output is exactly the same from PAS 1, 2 , and 3 (4 & 5 also when I tried 0-5) always right around 300 watts or less when climbing the steepest of hills.

Well maybe theres something wrong with mine too. I primarily just use PAS1 on trails or thumb throttle running all out. I noticed that my watt output is exactly the same from PAS 1, 2 , and 3 (4 & 5 also when I tried 0-5) always right around 300 watts or less when climbing the steepest of hills.

That is so different from my other ebikes (lectric Xp, Jupiter Defiant and x5, Rad Runner, QuietKat). They all change wattage based on the PAS setting. Each gives a little more wattage per setting then cuts out when exceeding max speed.. This is my 2nd full suspension ebike and was quite excited for rides with the family. So far it's the only one that requires a thumb throtle during a ride.... Others just dial the PAS they need and peddle... So far Walke has been good at working through it, and they are trying a few different things..

What bugs me the most is that the PAS setting doesnt seem to change a thing between 1-3. All seem to-do the same wattage and speed..

Does anyone know what the CRU is in the advanced settings? Is it Cruise control on/off. I heard it's supposed to have cruise but I can't seem to get it to work

Yes. Press the up and down along with power until you see OK on the screen then let go and press the up and down again until settings come up, you should now have access to advanced settings.
"Advanced settings" - "CRU" - "ON" - cruise control is active
"CRU"- cruise control
If you want to learn more about "CRU", the tutorial is as follows:
The W-PAS Cruise Control function allows you to lock the accelerator on a specific speed without pedaling. The W-PAS Cruise Control will AUTOMATICALLY turn on when the bike stays at ANY Speed for over 6-10 seconds without moving the handles. Hope it helps.

Thats my X3 Pro on PAS5 (0-5 mode) from a dead stop slightly up hill no throttle. I know its not the steadiest footage lol but you can see it only gets in the 300's for a split second before dropping back to 270's. I weigh about 215 lbs with quite a few accessories added to the bike.

Is this the same performance others are getting?

Thats my X3 Pro on PAS5 (0-5 mode) from a dead stop slightly up hill no throttle. I know its not the steadiest footage lol but you can see it only gets in the 300's for a split second before dropping back to 270's. I weigh about 215 lbs with quite a few accessories added to the bike.

Is this the same performance others are getting?
I was out today, I'm about 200 lbs and I did confirm that my bike will get as high as 720watts while I'm pedaling if the hill is steep enough. Never got to 900 or more but was steady between 500 and 720 while I was going uphill with me pedaling. Not sure your necessarily having a issue but I would keep a eye out

I was out today, I'm about 200 lbs and I did confirm that my bike will get as high as 720watts while I'm pedaling if the hill is steep enough. Never got to 900 or more but was steady between 500 and 720 while I was going uphill with me pedaling. Not sure your necessarily having a issue but I would keep a eye out

I tested it again.....while riding it up a hill steep enough to nearly stall the bike out it only will do 320 watts maximum on all PAS levels just as Sonicion said and my video shows. It doesn't make sense that some X3's have more power output (double or even triple) in the same conditions. It does't matter what gear Im in or how hard I peddle it will only apply 300 watts max assistance no matter what. If I hit the thumb throttle it shoots straight to 800-900 watts. I'd rather have it assist me more.

Just watched your video, in 5 you only got to 16mph? That doesn't seem right? Maybe a bad video?
I tested it again.....while riding it up a hill steep enough to nearly stall the bike out it only will do 320 watts maximum on all PAS levels just as Sonicion said and my video shows. It doesn't make sense that some X3's have more power output (double or even triple) in the same conditions. It does't matter what gear Im in or how hard I peddle it will only apply 300 watts max assistance no matter what. If I hit the thumb throttle it shoots straight to 800-900 watts. I'd rather have it assist me more.
To be fair, let me recheck mine tomorrow. There's no question about the numbers but I'm wondering if I had cruise control on at the time, not sure if that would make a difference but possibly. Just curious has any contacted Wallke about it or what they have said? I do admit under normal conditions mine typically only goes to the 300 mark but like I mentioned I have seen it much more but I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing causing it to raise.. Cruise? I'll post my results tomorrow and if I can video it.

Ebike performance(Top speed) on hills depends on factors including the weight of rider, steepness of the hill, cargo load on the bike, battery power, and more.

Ebike performance(Top speed) on hills depends on factors including the weight of rider, steepness of the hill, cargo load on the bike, battery power, and more.
Absolutely, I think his concern is the wattage output while pedaling never goes above 300 watts regardless of how fast or hard he pedals resulting in little assist. Kind of weird. I was unable to get my bike out today to see what mine is doing under those circumstances.

***Warning don't engage regen braking on very steep hills , -450+ watts Regen.***

*UPDATE #1 Here's the video:

*UPDATE #2 Here's a video of it spark arcing:

Well, I have a new problem after last night's ride. The headlight on bike is stuck in the on position. Even with the bike turned off the headlight stays on.

The only way to turn the light off is disconnect the light or open the bike up (folded mode) so the battery becomes disconnected. When I close the bike up if the headlight is plugged in a big popping noise is heard because the headlight is immediately drawing power.

I know why this problem occurred...... I was coasting down a steep hill at about 28-30 MPH and I switched the PAS to level 1 and regen braking kicked in and I saw the watts shoot straight to -450+ , the headlight got really bright then went dim....I negotiated the turn at the bottom of the hill and immediately went to thumb throttle and there was nothing....no help from motor. I started pedaling and when I turned into my driveway the bike completely died....headlight went out, display turned off and that was it. I suspect that the bike components overheated.

Since i was home, I wheeled the bike in the garage and opened up the frame to interrupt the power and closed it back up. The display now comes on, the bike works and I took it for a small few minute ride and it seems ok. The only thing is the headlight will not turn off. Its almost as if there are electrical contacts for the lights that must have welded closed in the surge??

Luckily I do have part of this occurrence on video. I had my cell in the holder recording most of my night ride. Unfortunately the video ends right before I pulled into the driveway and the bike actually shuts down. I think my phone has a time limit where it will only record 5 or 10 minute clips and it auto stops record.

Last edited:
I guess I'll try emailing Wallke. Anyone know if I buy a new controller does it have to have certain options or know what model it is? Im about 1 component away from moving all my posts to the DIY forums because this bike is becoming less of a Wallke X3 Pro and more of me buying and installing parts to either keep it running or make it the bike I originally paid for.

Last edited:
I guess I'll try emailing Wallke. Anyone know if I buy a new controller does it have to have certain options or know what model it is? Im about 1 component away from moving all my posts to the DIY forums because this bike is becoming less of a Wallke X3 Pro and more of me buying and installing parts to either keep it running or make it the bike I originally paid for.
I did some checking on the KeyDisp - as i was curious about the settings and how the regen works; went to their website - it appears that Wallke programs the KeyDisp specifically for the X3 pro and their factory configuration (you notice the wallke splash screen on boot up); KeyDISP does let you download their software install on a PC and then connect the KeyDisp screen via a USB-KeyDisp connector so that you can do your own programming - but its all in chinese from what I can tell and lets just say I only know hello and thank you in cantonese.

How are you all experiencing the seat post. I have the insert sleeve and I cannot get the clamp tight enough to keep the seat from sliding down while riding. I have to stop and raise the seat and re-clamp during my rides and any big bumps and the post moves down some. This is by far my biggest issue with the bike at the moment. Very frustrating.

How are you all experiencing the seat post. I have the insert sleeve and I cannot get the clamp tight enough to keep the seat from sliding down while riding. I have to stop and raise the seat and re-clamp during my rides and any big bumps and the post moves down some. This is by far my biggest issue with the bike at the moment. Very frustrating.
Mine is working ok after tightening the thumb screw as hard as I could, pliers and rag (so it won't scratch up the metal) can help do the trick if needed.

Mine is working ok after tightening the thumb screw as hard as I could, pliers and rag (so it won't scratch up the metal) can help do the trick if needed.
Castro - I am doing the same thing. I will try to be even tougher on it. It just can't seem to hold the post and I am barely able to close the clasp on it.

Castro - I am doing the same thing. I will try to be even tougher on it. It just can't seem to hold the post and I am barely able to close the clasp on it.

I had to find a thin strip of rubber and place it between the seatpost and plastic shim to get mine to stay.

Hey look on the bright side, at least your seatpost isnt getting scratched...:rolleyes:

Back