Known Issues & Problems with Wallke Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I had to find a thin strip of rubber and place it between the seatpost and plastic shim to get mine to stay.

Hey look on the bright side, at least your seatpost isnt getting scratched...:rolleyes:
Rizzo - how did you attach it? I hadn't thought of that

Correction: its between the shim and frame hole. Just ran out in the garage and snapped you a pic.
IMG_20200911_195607.jpg

***Warning don't engage regen braking on very steep hills , -450+ watts Regen.***

*UPDATE #1 Here's the video:

*UPDATE #2 Here's a video of it spark arcing:

Well, I have a new problem after last night's ride. The headlight on bike is stuck in the on position. Even with the bike turned off the headlight stays on.

The only way to turn the light off is disconnect the light or open the bike up (folded mode) so the battery becomes disconnected. When I close the bike up if the headlight is plugged in a big popping noise is heard because the headlight is immediately drawing power.

I know why this problem occurred...... I was coasting down a steep hill at about 28-30 MPH and I switched the PAS to level 1 and regen braking kicked in and I saw the watts shoot straight to -450+ , the headlight got really bright then went dim....I negotiated the turn at the bottom of the hill and immediately went to thumb throttle and there was nothing....no help from motor. I started pedaling and when I turned into my driveway the bike completely died....headlight went out, display turned off and that was it. I suspect that the bike components overheated.

Since i was home, I wheeled the bike in the garage and opened up the frame to interrupt the power and closed it back up. The display now comes on, the bike works and I took it for a small few minute ride and it seems ok. The only thing is the headlight will not turn off. Its almost as if there are electrical contacts for the lights that must have welded closed in the surge??

Luckily I do have part of this occurrence on video. I had my cell in the holder recording most of my night ride. Unfortunately the video ends right before I pulled into the driveway and the bike actually shuts down. I think my phone has a time limit where it will only record 5 or 10 minute clips and it auto stops record.

Can anyone here from Wallke help me with this please? The headlight is still stuck on and the battery contacts are still sparking when I close up the bike.

Can anyone here from Wallke help me with this please? The headlight is still stuck on and the battery contacts are still sparking when I close up the bike.
We recommend a thorough inspection of your brake system and your electronics. To check, touch each wire in turn to the circuit wire, wearing rubber gloves for safety. If you're still having issues, we suggest that you reach out to our email. If possible, we hope that you can shoot a detailed video of your controller cable.

Correction: its between the shim and frame hole. Just ran out in the garage and snapped you a pic.
View attachment 65119
Rizzo - Thanks so much! I added 3 strips of rubber tap to the outside of the plastic shim and this finally worked! Now the bike seat stays in place - this has greatly improved the bike. Now I need to get 760mm or 780mm handlebars to open up the cockpit and improve the control over the bike. I rode for 12 miles today and the WPAS system really worked well. Only used 6% of the battery power, mainly stayed in level 1 - 33% power assist for most of the ride.

Does anyone know what diameter on the bar clamp is? 31.8mm or 35mm? I want to make sure I order the right type of handle bar.

I'm getting some kind of noise, grinding perhaps, from the front brake area at times, particularly on downhills. There also seems to be a slight wobble in the front tire when braking. Any suggestions?

I'm getting some kind of noise, grinding perhaps, from the front brake area at times, particularly on downhills. There also seems to be a slight wobble in the front tire when braking. Any suggestions?
There is a grinding noise coming from the front brake area when the brake is applied at times:
The disk brake should fit and rotate freely in the caliper. Occasionally the mechanical tolerances will cause them to be a bit tight, and the disk could bump the top of the caliper.

You can easily get rid of a hard to adjust rub by sliding a business card between the smallest pad gap and the rotor. Lightly pull the brake lever while tightening the bolts.

If the problem persists, we recommend taking some pictures and contacting us for guidance.
Email: [email protected]

We recommend a thorough inspection of your brake system and your electronics. To check, touch each wire in turn to the circuit wire, wearing rubber gloves for safety. If you're still having issues, we suggest that you reach out to our email. If possible, we hope that you can shoot a detailed video of your controller cable.

Well, Ive reached out via email as suggested but that too appears to be a road to nowhere.

Please help me get this problem resolved. I've had this problem for nearly 2 weeks now. Ive sent videos via email, posted several videos here and all I appear to receive is lip service.

In the past all other issues with my X3 Pro have been addressed and resolved right here in this forum via posts or private messages. Now all of a sudden Im being ignored and pointed in various directions and receiving zero support. So much for the advertised warranty.

Well, Ive reached out via email as suggested but that too appears to be a road to nowhere.

Please help me get this problem resolved. I've had this problem for nearly 2 weeks now. Ive sent videos via email, posted several videos here and all I appear to receive is lip service.

In the past all other issues with my X3 Pro have been addressed and resolved right here in this forum via posts or private messages. Now all of a sudden Im being ignored and pointed in various directions and receiving zero support. So much for the advertised warranty.
This is not good news. Following this.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I had confirmed with my colleague, we seemed not receiving any email from you. Could you please tell us which email address have you sent to? I will confirm it with my colleague. Thank you for your time and effort. Our situation is not unique. Many other e-bike brands and ecommerce companies have experienced similar challenges throughout 2020.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I had confirmed with my colleague, we seemed not receiving any email from you. Could you please tell us which email address have you sent to? I will confirm it with my colleague. Thank you for your time and effort. Our situation is not unique. Many other e-bike brands and ecommerce companies have experienced similar challenges throughout 2020.

I used the "Contact US" link on the main website.
Screenshot_20200921-090751__01.jpg

Ive also sent you a message on 9/8 here that you personally have ignored.
Screenshot_20200921-091041__01.jpg
**Note** see the message just above it that you and I have conversed with 9 responses and you have sent me the a part I had and issue with. I am assuming since that method of communication worked once, we could rectify this problem as well.

I used the "Contact US" link on the main website.
View attachment 66097

Ive also sent you a message on 9/8 here that you personally have ignored.
View attachment 66098
**Note** see the message just above it that you and I have conversed with 9 responses and you have sent me the a part I had and issue with. I am assuming since that method of communication worked once, we could rectify this problem as well.
Hello,

I am so sorry for the slow reply😰 and missed this message, due to the busy schedule during this time. I only have limited time to reply to the Wallke Forum. Best way to reach me is our email or Amazon service Team.

Regarding the headlight issue, our preliminary judgment is that your upgrade lamp does not match our system. Because of the particularity of the W-PAS system, our products cannot be guaranteed to be compatible with all other brands of lights. We recommend you change back the orginal headlight. Or you can send us a video of the detailed controller diagram.

Regarding the speed issue, some customers reported to us that their PAS model was so fast that they could not achieve their sports goals.
We have reprogrammed the PAS mode and its sensitivity is lower than before. The greater the pressure, the faster the speed. Sorry for not meeting your expectations.

Have you ever changed the orginal brake system?

Sincerely,
Max Black
wallkeebike.com

Hello,

I am so sorry for the slow reply😰 and missed this message, due to the busy schedule during this time. I only have limited time to reply to the Wallke Forum. Best way to reach me is our email or Amazon service Team.

Regarding the headlight issue, our preliminary judgment is that your upgrade lamp does not match our system. Because of the particularity of the W-PAS system, our products cannot be guaranteed to be compatible with all other brands of lights. We recommend you change back the orginal headlight. Or you can send us a video of the detailed controller diagram.

Regarding the speed issue, some customers reported to us that their PAS model was so fast that they could not achieve their sports goals.
We have reprogrammed the PAS mode and its sensitivity is lower than before. The greater the pressure, the faster the speed. Sorry for not meeting your expectations.

Have you ever changed the orginal brake system?

Sincerely,
Max Black
wallkeebike.com
Hi Max,

Could you explain a little more what you mean by the comment "we have reprogrammed the PAS Mode and it's senstitivity is lower than before. The greater the pressure the faster the speed"

Is it possible for us to reset the programming back to the original?

I cannot adjust any settings in the Advance settings on my controller. When Advanced Settings is selected the last option "Back" is selected and the "+" or "-" buttons will not move the selector to any of the options. How do I fix this?

I cannot adjust any settings in the Advance settings on my controller. When Advanced Settings is selected the last option "Back" is selected and the "+" or "-" buttons will not move the selector to any of the options. How do I fix this?

How to access the submenu settings on your wallke e-bike.

Hi Max,

Could you explain a little more what you mean by the comment "we have reprogrammed the PAS Mode and it's senstitivity is lower than before. The greater the pressure the faster the speed"

Is it possible for us to reset the programming back to the original?

Maybe it is hard for you guys to programme the controller, we can send you a new powerful (original) controller after programming it.

Back