Known Issues & Problems with Wallke Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

If the inside of the cadence sensors is wet, dirty, or damaged, take a photo and contact Wallke Ebike Support. If it looks normal, line up the internal notch and pins (and external indicators) and press directly together without twisting. Besides, If you see an error code message on your Wallke X3 Pro?

Stay safe~
Wolf
Also sent this to wallke...

Well... it started working again. However, I think I may know what happened. I'll tell you what I did and maybe you can use this information in the future.

I really want to make sure the bike and it's components have a very long life. So after a few miles and then about every 100 miles, I made sure to clean and lube the chain and other moving parts, including the bearings on the cranks. I think this was my misstep and possibly I got lube in the sensor. My reasons for that were:
1. I had just lubed everything the day before.
2. The motor worked fine with the throttle and the regen kicked in normally.
3. While stopped with 1 foot down and 1 on a pedal slightly rocking back and forth, the motor would start to kick in, making me think something was slightly impeding the sensor, like a residue on the contact areas??

These being the case, I believed that the last time I lubed around the cranks some of the lube worked its way into or around the sensor and prevented it from properly registering my pedal cadence. After a light wash, including a spritz of wd40, and an overnight dry, the sensor has, so far (about 50 miles), returned to full working order.

I am still curious if I am able to purchase a new cadence sensor? Just as a backup, in the event anything I have done, or might do, damages the current one.

Also sent this to wallke...

Well... it started working again. However, I think I may know what happened. I'll tell you what I did and maybe you can use this information in the future.

I really want to make sure the bike and it's components have a very long life. So after a few miles and then about every 100 miles, I made sure to clean and lube the chain and other moving parts, including the bearings on the cranks. I think this was my misstep and possibly I got lube in the sensor. My reasons for that were:
1. I had just lubed everything the day before.
2. The motor worked fine with the throttle and the regen kicked in normally.
3. While stopped with 1 foot down and 1 on a pedal slightly rocking back and forth, the motor would start to kick in, making me think something was slightly impeding the sensor, like a residue on the contact areas??

These being the case, I believed that the last time I lubed around the cranks some of the lube worked its way into or around the sensor and prevented it from properly registering my pedal cadence. After a light wash, including a spritz of wd40, and an overnight dry, the sensor has, so far (about 50 miles), returned to full working order.

I am still curious if I am able to purchase a new cadence sensor? Just as a backup, in the event anything I have done, or might do, damages the current one.
Update...
Original sensor is still working after an additional 50 miles. Wallke did respond and sent me a link to a get a "free" ($30 shipping fee) replacement/ backup sensor, which I happily purchased after 2 long rides w/out PAS and using throttle as assist.

Wallke has been super awesome working with so far in my experiences. And the bike is a dream!

Update...
Original sensor is still working after an additional 50 miles. Wallke did respond and sent me a link to a get a "free" ($30 shipping fee) replacement/ backup sensor, which I happily purchased after 2 long rides w/out PAS and using throttle as assist.

Wallke has been super awesome working with so far in my experiences. And the bike is a dream!
Sorry about the slow reply. Here's Wolf. I confirmed with my colleague, they responded that the sensor will be shipped to you via DHL airfreight asap. Once we got the tracking number, we will send it to you immediately.
Thank you for your time and effort.

Best regards,
Wolf

Hello,
Hoping someone can help out. My 5 day old Wallke X3 Pro Display turns off but won't turn on. It's worked fine up until today. I went for a ride this morning, shut it off when I got to where I was going but when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't turn on. I had to disconnect the battery and when I reconnected it was fine. All other controls work fine after restarting including the power button to turn it off, but no matter what I do it won't turn back on. Help?!?! Anyone?
Just wanted to follow up my own post in case anyone was following or was thinking about a Wallke. Wallke help me diagnose the issue, immediately sent the needed new (upgraded, which is really nice) display, seat post sleeve and new handle bar cap. I installed all components this weekend and everything went flawless. They have been a incredible company to work with on my issues and I am very impressed at their attention to detail when it comes to addressing issues after the sale. Thanks again Wallke!

Just wanted to follow up my own post in case anyone was following or was thinking about a Wallke. Wallke help me diagnose the issue, immediately sent the needed new (upgraded, which is really nice) display, seat post sleeve and new handle bar cap. I installed all components this weekend and everything went flawless. They have been a incredible company to work with on my issues and I am very impressed at their attention to detail when it comes to addressing issues after the sale. Thanks again Wallke!
[/QUOT

C

Hi Craig,
Thanks so much for the kind words, it means a lot! Wallke is committed to customer excellence, help spread the word by following our LinkedIn Company Page & sharing:
Wallke Company Page
Happy Trails & Stay Safe,
Carl

Sorry about the slow reply. Here's Wolf. I confirmed with my colleague, they responded that the sensor will be shipped to you via DHL airfreight asap. Once we got the tracking number, we will send it to you immediately.

Best regards,
Wolf
Yes I now have I a new sensor, wallke has been great to work with. Helpful answe very courteous! Thanks all you guys over there!

Help.. I just went for my 1st ride on x3 pro.
The thumb throtle produces 800 avg watts. But, the PAS only produces a max of 275 watts on setting 3. Max speed seems like 10mph while peddle assist in mode 3. Is this a controller problem, wire, display?

Help.. I just went for my 1st ride on x3 pro.
The thumb throtle produces 800 avg watts. But, the PAS only produces a max of 275 watts on setting 3. Max speed seems like 10mph while peddle assist in mode 3. Is this a controller problem, wire, display?

• ECO mode: twisting the throttle with pure electric power.
  • PAS mode: Pedaling with the power assist. Riding will be easier and more energy-efficient.
  • SPORTS mode: Pedaling without electric power. Exercise whenever you want (or the battery run out), burn more body calories!

The thumb throtle produces 800 avg watts - The ECO mode can work porperly.
The PAS only produces a max of 275 watts on setting 3. Max speed seems like 10mph while peddle assist in mode 3 - The pedal assist functions seems to stop working.
Be sure your LCD shows no Error code.

If either the pedal assist functions stop working, we recommend a thorough inspection of your wire. If a connection on the bike is loose, it may cause the PAS mode to not turn on. Could you check all connectors are secure and in good condition?
[ Tips: Pull each side of the connector directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.]

If your issues haven't been solved, I suggest that you reach out to Wallke Ebike email([email protected]) for further evaluation. If the unfortunate thing really happens, please provide us with the Photo or video and contact us.

PAS.pngPAS(Controller).png

Does anyone know what the diameter of the seat post is? I will want to get a suspension seat post when my bike arrives.

33.7 mm. Give or take a few .0x.

**I should add that diameter seatpost only "fits" after you use the provided plastic sleeve. Its not the tightest fit either. I added a thin sliver if rubber tape in-between the sleeve and frame hole to finally get it to stop slipping.

Yeah the oddly sized seat post hole is not one of the X3 Pro's best features 😄

IMG_20200827_114629__01.jpgIMG_20200819_210813.jpgIMG_20200819_205836.jpg

Last edited:
33.7 mm. Give or take a few .0x.

**I should add that diameter seatpost only "fits" after you use the provided plastic sleeve. Its not the tightest fit either. I added a thin sliver if rubber tape in-between the sleeve and frame hole to finally get it to stop slipping.

Yeah the oddly sized seat post hole is not one of the X3 Pro's best features 😄

View attachment 63659View attachment 63660View attachment 63661
Rizzo - thanks for the info. Because I don't know - do you measure the seat post externally, or internally (wall to wall) if you will? Wouldn't post wall thickness influence this? I am asking as I don't know how the bike industry uses this measure.

The 2 new parts didn't work. Got both the parts in last week and had to buy a crank extractor to complete the exchange. Was able to change out today, both the sensor and controller box. Tried the cadence sensor first and it still would not pass 300 watts for all PAS settings. Then I exchanged the controller box. No change, All PAS settings are still under 300 watts. There is no change in wattage when moving from PAS setting 1 or 2 or 3. All report under 300watts.

Only the thumb throttle produces 800watts. PAS still only produces upto 300 (about 275-289) watts no matter the setting.

Could this be a display that is broken and not sending the right wattage to the controller? I assume this is the only piece that it could possible be since the motor speeds up and gets 800 watts via the thumb throtlle.
Maybe the display PAS settings is not sending the right wattage per setting?

The 2 new parts didn't work. Got both the parts in last week and had to buy a crank extractor to complete the exchange. Was able to change out today, both the sensor and controller box. Tried the cadence sensor first and it still would not pass 300 watts for all PAS settings. Then I exchanged the controller box. No change, All PAS settings are still under 300 watts. There is no change in wattage when moving from PAS setting 1 or 2 or 3. All report under 300watts.

Only the thumb throttle produces 800watts. PAS still only produces upto 300 (about 275-289) watts no matter the setting.

Could this be a display that is broken and not sending the right wattage to the controller? I assume this is the only piece that it could possible be since the motor speeds up and gets 800 watts via the thumb throtlle.
[/QUOTE
Can you possibly post your PAS voltages from the advanced settings page on the controller? Give readers a idea of how yours is set up?

Weird, yeah the newer model display old shows 31mph compared to other display of 32. I don't think there is a difference to be honest, just programmed differently. The bike doesn't hit 31 or 32 by itself regardless lol. Bummer, hope it gets situated soon man!

I have confirmed with our technician staff. The design of plastic sleeve is to protect the saddle tube from scratches. Hope that you can understand.

@Sonicion , sorry that you are still seeing this issue and @Max Black will get back to you after consultation with our engineers.
Hang in there and stay safe.

Back