Known Issues & Problems with Giant Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Also still waiting on a MIK rack deck, 3 wks and counting.

Make that 4 wks and counting... so much for "yes, we have them in stock"!

Anyways, I've put another 300km on it now, couple more things I've noticed. The rubbery cover for the charging port doesn't like low temperatures - it's been <5 degrees most mornings, and having had the bike on charge overnight I can't get the cover to close. It just flicks open again, which wouldn't be much of an issue except that my commute includes ~15km of gravel, so there's plenty of muck that I want to keep out.

On the upside, the lip on the plastic motor guard that extends on the chainring side is remarkably effective at keeping muck off the chain! The combination of mudguards, the wide downtube/battery, and that little lip mean that I only get a bit of fine mud spatter on my shoes, hardly anything on the rest of me, even when it's quite damp.

Out of curiosity, is everyone else taking their chain off to clean? The first time I popped the chain cleaner on it and spun the pedals backward I went "Ohhh....🙄" - of course the chain didn't move. I then noticed that mine had come with a quicklink in the chain, I presume that's why. Is there any trick to allow you to spin the chain backwards on the bike?

This is my loose yamaha motor

Rs700.... did you ever get the loose motor fix? i have the same thing on the 2018 Thoughroad e+. it s only 3 weeks old and perhaps 400km on it but there is play in the motor now and i can feel it on every pedal stroke. Wasnt like this at first.

any fix? solutions?

Did you check out the creaking thread? Not sure if it's the same issue, but might be worth a look.

Yes I had the creaking early on, probably because you have to drop the motor to get the dongle in. The motor is still loose but not
got any worse since my video. Planning to take to the shop before winter sets in, but Giant near me is in the middle of Cambridge and no parking near so I have being putting it off. Your bike is new so shouldn't be like that. I'm up to 4500 miles now.

Yes I had the creaking early on, probably because you have to drop the motor to get the dongle in. The motor is still loose but not
got any worse since my video. Planning to take to the shop before winter sets in, but Giant near me is in the middle of Cambridge and no parking near so I have being putting it off. Your bike is new so shouldn't be like that. I'm up to 4500 miles now.

Did it resolve? I have squeaking/creaking since putting the Speedbox 2 in.

i loosen up the 3 motor attachement bolt and re torque all of them and it seems to have fix the issue for today. we will see if it last but i dont see anything else but those 3 bolts been the reason to get either loose or creaking.

Yes creaking started after speed box went in. I had to drop the motor a few times because the first dongle was kaput. Maybe that's where my issue started. My bolts are quite loose in the motor, so I would repair with a sleeve to tighten everything up. Also motor cover is smashed by the chain coming off, so I'll get Giant to have a look- when I get round to it.

I have an error code right now on my Giant Dirt E+2 2016 where the entire battery indicator blinks, and then the topmost 20% indicator blinks. I can't find the error code that matches this warning. Does anyone know what it is? The bike otherwise performs more or less normally, except the Ridecontrol Charge display only shows 80% on my Energypak 500, when it's full.

Problem switching on Explore E +2

Hi my other half took battery off his bike to charge , put battery back on , it has 5 leds lit so battery is ok.
But pressing on switch it just goes on for about 3 seconds then off.
Not been wet at all
Any ideas? Or is it a trip to the dealer?

Re-seat it. Sounds like some kind of connectivity issue.
Consider applying some dielectric grease to the contacts. Sometimes this allows a better contact where components are connected.

I have an error code right now on my Giant Dirt E+2 2016 where the entire battery indicator blinks, and then the topmost 20% indicator blinks. I can't find the error code that matches this warning. Does anyone know what it is? The bike otherwise performs more or less normally, except the Ridecontrol Charge display only shows 80% on my Energypak 500, when it's full.

Motor signal error and battery signal error. Looks like you might had a wiring issue.

have you had the motor removed at all ?

Attachments

• Giant manual EN 20140219.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 4,435
Hi,
Hoping to get some advice before I take my new 2020 Fastroad e+2 pro back to the shop.
The ridecontrol one remote had an issue when I first got it, basically one of the buttons was missing, this was fixed by replacing it with one from another bike, not a Fastroad.
The side effect of this replacement is that the Ride Control App now thinks my bike it the the donor bike type.

All was well on my first ride until the last 2km of a 30km trip when it started turning off randomly when coasting.
Took it out again this evening to check and the same thing happened but this time not just when coasting. Battery was 50%. The only way to get it back home was to put it in sport + mode and it seemed to be okay.
Has anyone had similar issues? I suspect its a connection issue from when the remote was changed, but this doesn't explain why it seems to be okay on the highest assist mode, or is it due to the new remote coming from a different bike with the sport motor and not a pro.

Any advice gratefully received.

Yes I heard about the end float, no the whole motor is moving. I took some video but it's too large to upload.
I had a 'click' type noise at the front chainring. Discovered that Yamaha motor was loose. Bike shop tightened. I have a 2018 Dirt-E

I have 2000 km on my Dirt-E and the wrench icon is on the display. There isn't a Giant dealer in my town. Anyway to reset it without going to a Giant dealer?

Eeerm, G'day. new member, I need help with 'RideControl ONE'. Cannot find any manual with error message decoding. The led referrered to as "H" (Lighting indicator) flashes red, "R" (assistance indicator) is at 1 {minimum}, battery pack at 5 (fully charged). No battery assist. Cheers.

Does the system shut itself down? Or just flash the red indicator?
Did you check the speed sensor magnet - make sure it's passing the sensor?

Is your dealer close by?

Hello gooday mate. I dare not ask why you are called Browneye, as it appears your eyes are blue. However, I moved the magnet 1/4 inch, to the centre of the sensor, and WHOOPEE, it fixed it. Thank you ever so much! Such a simple thing that I completely overlooked it. A bit like when some appliance is not working, go back to basics. Is it plugged in? Is it turned on. Oh foolish me, once was technogit. Thanks Browneye, and we say "goodonyer mate!" Cheerio. (we also say that). So now I am test riding, and fully expect to have battery assist after six weeks pedalling and need hip replacement. Cheers.

Back