Kickstand mounting bolts stripped

You could also use a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel to grind a screwdriver slot in the stud. Or a small chisel and hammer around the periphery of the stud to rotate it CCW.
I've done that with the stripped heads of screws and bolts, but if you don't have access to the broken stud it doesn't work.
If there's a thread or two showing, you might be able to bite into it with Diagonal cutters to turn it.

I've done that with the stripped heads of screws and bolts, but if you don't have access to the broken stud it doesn't work.
If there's a thread or two showing, you might be able to bite into it with Diagonal cutters to turn it.
We used to call them dikes but I don't think you can say that anymore.

Yes! My Allant has the hex-head indentation on the wheel-side. The bolt and nut combo is the solution.
Thanks for everyone’s comments and advice.

Repair got slightly more complicated when I removed the front “slipping” bolt only to find out it was instead broken off within the frame. Buggers!

I'm pretty sure that your frame isn't threaded, and you've got something like this going on if you're hex-head indentation is being used.(and not just roughed in for a hex bolt/insert.)

Screenshot_20230319-111655_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It could have a closed end on it and looks like a bolt head.
If what broke off on the kickstand side looks like a broken bolt (not a nut) then the bolt probably threads into a threaded end cap.

It might be a little stuck, but a little tap should knock it out.
Then you can remove the broken stud from the end cap and replace the bolt.
Make sure you use the proper length bolt so it doesn't bottom out in the end cap but still has lots of threads to thread into the end cap.

After all this, I'd really like to see some pictures of exactly what what came out of the hole. It sounds like a broken bolt and some sort of nut on the back side. No threads in the chainstay holes? That makes more sense, but I'd like to see pics!

TT

After all this, I'd really like to see some pictures of exactly what what came out of the hole. It sounds like a broken bolt and some sort of nut on the back side. No threads in the chainstay holes? That makes more sense, but I'd like to see pics!

TT
^^^ What he said.
I wanna see what's going on.

The Dutch Boy saw a hole in the dyke and heroically saved the village but once he did he could never leave. His finger had to stay there. I think @PCeBiker is confused with a scene from American Pie. That is a different story.

Mmmm...
I do like 🍒 pie.
Not too keen on 🍏
🎃 is pretty good,..

Not familiar with happy pie?

I suppose a happy pie is a satisfied pie. 😂

Screenshot_20230319-153013_Google.jpg

That's what she said,... lol

Last edited:
The OP topic was fully covered and now we have drifted off topic. @PCeBiker, I will bet that you would like the apple pie from 200 years ago. As a kid we had a 150 year-old apple tree and that was 50 years-ago. Apples used to have much more flavor and acidity. They had less sugar and a bit more starch. The skin was almost floral. They were also about 1/3 the size. Their main purpose was to make 'apple jack.' It was an easy way for people in the North to make alcohol. They would crush the apples, collect the juice and let it naturally ferment. Then they would put it outside to freeze. Then they could filter off the ice crystals, water, leaving the alcohol behind. Trees from seed made for lots of extra-tart apples. Now day they are all from grafts.

Cool 😎
This is the only Apple Jack's that I knew of,..

Screenshot_20230319-170127_DuckDuckGo.jpg

And then there's Cracker Jacks
They were cool.
Every box had a prize.

Screenshot_20230319-170315_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I watched a documentary about Johnny Apple Seed.
He didn't go around planting apple seeds randomly to feed the world.
He was paid good money to plant orchards.

He wore 17 layers of clothing on top of each other.
He was weird. lol

Back