Just for fun...

The Lectric XP trike has an old school cadence sensor that requires 270 degrees of crank to kick-in with a lurch. It then overruns by 3.5 seconds after pedaling is stopped. When it is rolled while off the trike the pedals rotate. This means that if it is ON while you are off the bike for a minute and it catches a breeze or is on a slight slope, it will take off on its own. The feedback from the wheels turning gets feed back through the chain into the cadence sensor, so there it goes down the dock. Bye bye. If it gains enough momentum it will even climb a hill on its own. You can't make this stuff up.

The Lectric XP trike has an old school cadence sensor that requires 270 degrees of crank to kick-in with a lurch. It then overruns by 3.5 seconds after pedaling is stopped. When it is rolled while off the trike the pedals rotate. This means that if it is ON while you are off the bike for a minute and it catches a breeze or is on a slight slope, it will take off on its own. The feedback from the wheels turning gets feed back through the chain into the cadence sensor, so there it goes down the dock. Bye bye. If it gains enough momentum it will even climb a hill on its own. You can't make this stuff up.
That is more than annoying. I'd go as far as to call it a disqualifier.

How could an ebike company with any expertise and pride in its products sell a power delivery scheme like that? They had to know it was a bad and potentially dangerous design.

Have never ridden a Lectric, but the company seems to have a decent reputation on EBR. Does this all come down to cost and profit, or are other factors involved?

Last edited:
the brake levers should kill the motor immediatley.

the brake levers should kill the motor immediatley.
That trike has locking levers as parking brakes. Most trikes do. It happened again to me today. I built a trike and was taking it on a test ride to bed the brakes. I turned it on just inside the doors and forgot my sunglasses. 30 seconds later as I walked it through the door it started to take off. These trikes have a single speed chain that is extra tight before break in. It loosens up after several hours of ride time. It could make for a comical video. Their website says that it takes one minute to build. It takes a half-hour to unpack, 20 minutes to get rid of the trash and recycling, and another half-hour tightening and adjusting. That is one hour twenty-one minutes. 75% have badly bent fenders. One of them yesterday also had a bent rim. An autonomous trike might be like a self-walking dog.

1722470358183.jpeg

first one i got looked like it had been dropped off a fully raised forklift.
A grocery store manager sees a woman approaching a new shopping cart and says, 'Stop, just a second'. And then takes a baseball bat to the front wheel so it has a castor shimmy, saying, 'Now you can have it'. That is how it is with these bikes.

Scooter "brakes" are a joke. To change a rear-drive flat you would need to remove the calipers and rotor then deal with all the other nonsense. Then there is no way to center the calipers because you cannot access or see. The pads are inevitably disintegrated. I have stopped working on them. The rotors are held on with screws that will strip on contact.

Scooter "brakes" are a joke. To change a rear-drive flat you would need to remove the calipers and rotor then deal with all the other nonsense. Then there is no way to center the calipers because you cannot access or see. The pads are inevitably disintegrated. I have stopped working on them. The rotors are held on with screws that will strip on contact.
I know it will take the fun out of it, but you might need to explain what's funny there.

TT

I normally do not post photos of myself, but I am in one of these three. They didn't think of eBikes in 1900. Did I mention that I may have two navels, from different mothers?

Attachments

• 1A fat dudes.JPG
    1A fat dudes.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1A Meathead.JPG
    1A Meathead.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1A New Vado.jpg
    1A New Vado.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 32
In the "Not quite the future we ordered " department I found this link to illustrations of thr the year 2000 from 1900 ..
They were spot on for most of them, I watched a video of paramoter pilots trying to play tennis.

Im working on the Whale sub, though the dolphin version is already here.

Sea_Breacher.jpg

Back