Just for fun...

I bit the bullet and signed up for youtube adless, it is actually superb not having to watch endless secret military watch and insurance companies hate this adverts.

But I recieved a popup..your storage is full.
Had a quick look..Youtube downloads.

They had defaulted to downloading 'recommended' videos and downloaded 3.5gb of vids I have frup all interest in.

Wtf, 3.5gb at least it was wifi, but still.

Jesus, you hear of people having interviews for content on their phone and google are using youtube to auto download what they want on to your phone, you have to go into settings to turn it off.

This is uncanny, the wife just posted more pictures of the woman who fell in the canal, they took these two with them for photo ops.
Im not posting the one with the wife.

Screenshot_20240630-101821-065.png

I bit the bullet and signed up for youtube adless, it is actually superb not having to watch endless secret military watch and insurance companies hate this adverts.

But I recieved a popup..your storage is full.
Had a quick look..Youtube downloads.

They had defaulted to downloading 'recommended' videos and downloaded 3.5gb of vids I have frup all interest in.

Wtf, 3.5gb at least it was wifi, but still.

Jesus, you hear of people having interviews for content on their phone and google are using youtube to auto download what they want on to your phone, you have to go into settings to turn it off.
I use an extension/addon for my PC browser called uBlock Origin which nukes ads in YT. Not sure about the smartphone though...

I got several popups giving me a 30 second wait and eventually a total block till I added youtube to the blocker white list.
No amount of cookie clearing helped.

Back