Just for fun...

And, as always, the flying cars will be "real soon now" ...
there are a few good reasons flying cars do not exist( darwin mainly) besides we already have then eg,cessna 182,super cub.etc. not to mention those shaky robinson thingys on that line we already have anti gravity,its called bouyancy and aerodynamics. the illuminati own the "vimanas"( john q is not getting that tech) think i am crazy? these things have been spotted around here more then once.

And, as always, the flying cars will be "real soon now" ...
View attachment 180192
Reflect for a moment on how people drive with 2 degrees of freedom (right-left, forward-back). Then imagine giving the average driver a 3rd up-down degree of freedom. With no corresponding lane markers. And now with the added option of crashing into things from above or below.

Never would be too soon for flying cars.

Reflect for a moment on how people drive with 2 degrees of freedom (right-left, forward-back). Then imagine giving the average driver a 3rd up-down degree of freedom. With no corresponding lane markers. And now with the added option of crashing into things from above or below.

We have human flying drone 'cars'.
Wouldnt take much for some hub motors running off the main battery.

We have human flying drone 'cars'.
Wouldnt take much for some hub motors running off the main battery.
Yep. That scares me if I think about it. We have quite a few people flying ultralights ( essentially a parachute, a rotor, and an ICE engine) around here, and the slightest weather issue seems to ground them all. What if they had to qet to work or an appointment?
They would be falling from the skies, probably in my yard or something ...

Anyway I thought robots are going to take over, so we wont have to travel to work.

Of course once that happens the elites will have a meeting and decide whats the point in us.

I can honestly see their point.

Anyway I thought robots are going to take over, so we wont have to travel to work.

Of course once that happens the elites will have a meeting and decide whats the point in us.

I can honestly see their point.
I want the robots to clean the bathrooms and dig the mines, so we can make the art, music, and books . Not have the people doing the dirty and dangerous work, so the robots can stay busy plagiarizing all the existing creative works.
That isn't the plan that we seem to be on, either.
I am betting on the robots just offing the elites and moving to Mars. .

I want the robots to clean the bathrooms and dig the mines, so we can make the art, music, and books . Not have the people doing the dirty and dangerous work, so the robots can stay busy plagiarizing all the existing creative works.
That isn't the plan that we seem to be on, either.
I am betting on the robots just offing the elites and moving to Mars. .
If you offed all the humans, Earth might clean up quite nicely. No reason to leave then.

But maybe they'd keep some of us around — you know, like glorified potato batteries.

The thing to do is what robots can't. A local hands on service is one example. Like wiggly kid's back to school haircuts. Or face-to-face sales of complex innovations where reading someone when the person may be asking the wrong questions based on online assumptions really counts. A woman came in with her argumentative depressed husband to look at a Pace 500 bike. I took them on a guided test ride tour on Velotric Discover 2's. Which they then purchased. Follow up service is something a robot cannot do with a bike. Is it going to remove the chain, clean it and adjust the derailleur? Feel good Yes person AI may be addictive therapy, but it really help? Or further isolate and reinforce entrenched confirmation bias. Sometimes No is the answer with a provided alternative one can kinetically or spiritually or socially experience. I have always thought it would be fun to have autonomous robots play golf using an official club sets. AI may free people from acting like robots such as with the industrial 'revolution'. So that they can be creative and better parents, lovers, neighbors, and friends.

Our current AIs have about as much creative and reasoning ability as a beehive or an ant nest. The BS and hype and moral panic around the technology completely obscures both the beneficial practical applications and the pretty serious limitations we face with them.

People tend to anthropomorphize anything that exhibits moderately complex behavior.

I would say that even this basic first gen machine learning language models have proven that most of what us humans see as great accomplishments can be recreated ,vastly sped up, or even improved on by pretty small databases.
Its entertaining, completely worthless, but also brain rewiring.

Binge watch AI creating fantastic alien worlds and creatures for an afternoon, I'll never bother going to a zoo again.

Boring.

Its interesting to me that all the discussions on these websites by creators has shifted from the awe of the spectacle to intense examination of the wording of the prompts.
They have quickly bored of the results and the 'poetry' of the prompt itself is becoming the art.

This series of short videos is 100% prompt , borrows heavily from classic sci fi style, but its made automatically.
Its this good now and its far from the best, but it just has a surreal quality above what we are used to.

Last edited:

I agree we would have to reach a level of computer sophistication for the logistics of making sure people don't run into each other, run into power lines, all sorts of obstacles, let alone having enough space for all these flying vehicles to constantly be landing taking off. Don't see it happening anytime soon

Yep. That scares me if I think about it. We have quite a few people flying ultralights ( essentially a parachute, a rotor, and an ICE engine) around here, and the slightest weather issue seems to ground them all. What if they had to qet to work or an appointment?
They would be falling from the skies, probably in my yard or something ...
Ultralights are very, very interesting. I've had a closer look recently doing research for another science fiction story.

I was seriously considering taking some lessons-- expensive, but not that insane. It does not take long to learn to fly them and you don't need to pass a medical. The problem-- for me, anyway-- is the single-stroke engine and reliability. Theoretically, sure-- they can be as reliable as any other aircraft engine... but that presupposes that you know your engine REALLY well, are keeping close track of the service life of all components, and that you mix your own gas (and start with very good gas to begin with.) That's a steep learning curve for someone my age (who is old enough to know how much he doesn't know, and how long it takes to learn it, and learn it absolutely cold.) And how much do I trust my partners if I split a plane with a few friends? How much do I trust a rental?

There are a few electric ultralights that are reasonably priced and already tested, such as the Merlin Lite at about 50 grand or the Aerolite 103. I think the electric power plant is probably MORE reliable, and safer overall-- okay, the max flying time is around 45 minutes to an hour, but Ultralight flying is for sport, not transportation (generally, though there are people who fly them cross country, though it's tricky, you have to fly over areas that are pretty much unpopulated.) And even with gas powered engine, they say most recreational flights are about 45 minutes long anyway.

That may not seem like much, but a typical surf session or eBike ride is about the same total duration. Even skiing, if you count time that you are actually in motion, a half day and 10 runs works out to about 50 minutes, at least at my age!

If I knew three people who were seriously interested in this who lived nearby, I'd consider splitting one (if I took lessons, liked it, and felt safe.) I think Art's point about weather is well taken, but again, I'm thinking of a sport aircraft. And the weather part of it is something I've started to learn already for body boarding and skiing-- you kind of have to be an amateur meteorologist if you want to do either of those sports and actually be able to get on the snow or in the water. So the learning curve on weather would not be as steep.

The thing to do is what robots can't. A local hands on service is one example. Like wiggly kid's back to school haircuts. Or face-to-face sales of complex innovations where reading someone when the person may be asking the wrong questions based on online assumptions really counts. A woman came in with her argumentative depressed husband to look at a Pace 500 bike. I took them on a guided test ride tour on Velotric Discover 2's. Which they then purchased. Follow up service is something a robot cannot do with a bike. Is it going to remove the chain, clean it and adjust the derailleur? Feel good Yes person AI may be addictive therapy, but it really help? Or further isolate and reinforce entrenched confirmation bias. Sometimes No is the answer with a provided alternative one can kinetically or spiritually or socially experience. I have always thought it would be fun to have autonomous robots play golf using an official club sets. AI may free people from acting like robots such as with the industrial 'revolution'. So that they can be creative and better parents, lovers, neighbors, and friends.

well we would need less wage slave labor,it would help the nwo's push to a quite sustainable 500 million people, everytime someone sez we are headed to extinction i laugh,we were down to 7000 people at one time i was informed,we apparently bounced back quite handily and for petes sake stop making the robots looking humanoid( the dog bots really look gross-probably like bradburys robo hounds in "fahrenheit 451"( only angels should fly?) cassettes will basically disappear one day according to ebike ads where the riders do not pedal,probably replaced by smart adaptive edrive and pedal set,yada,yada.

Back