Just for fun...

Black bears can also climb any tree faster than either a human or a grizzly can. That's OK with the Grizzly, who can just knock the whole tree and any occupants over, not so hot for a human unlucky enough to piss off a black bear enough for it to chase you, and try to escape via climbing a tree.

I expect the photo is a fake cut and paste job but it gave me a chuckl

This one is not a cut and paste job: Bear and skier
I may have posted it before sometime. The skier (an instructor) is remarkably calm, cool and collected.

Last edited:
I have heard purists say that they cycle for exercise and would never go electric! I will say, 'Then fill your tires with water, you will get more exercise that way; Oh and what if there is a mountain lion?'
What would be the effect of filling your tires with water actually? They'd be heavier, obviously. Would they have greater centrifugal force? How would it effect balance, etc. Just curious.

I suppose one could avoid flats by filling tires with foam insulation ("Great Stuff"). It would be light. Might pulverize over time and then where would you be? Hmmn...

filling your tires with water
Filling tires with water would suck. It would be heavy so starting and stopping would be slow and the handling would be awful. You would get more exercise, if that is the real goal. Great Stuff would have large bubbles in a sealed environment because it needs air to cure. People do use foam inserts that have a smaller tube inside them such as Tannus. With a Tannus, you can't get a flat where the sun don't shine.

1703176394280.jpeg
1703176553054.jpeg

One of my favorite places to ride is called Chileno Valley. It is beautiful. This time of year every night the Newt Brigade goes into action. They pick up each Newt and carry them across the road.

1703192524565.jpeg

1703192076383.png

Last edited:
They have red belies to to tell predictors of their plosion. Some newts are better than others at cohabitation.

View attachment 168338
ours change color from dryland to water and they have red spots down the side that look like little portholes. ah Newt G, the beginning of the dismantling of the true bicamerra system of checks and balances concerning the various sides of the aisle, encouraging them to segregate never mingle.

Friends in costumes today. Natalie, the Christmas tree, spoke and read silly Christmas, stories today to lots of tots in three different English accents from high British Royal to low Cockney, with genders and roles all played out. Enthralling. These are weird folks and I love them all. Merry Christmas. The snow-person melted after a conga dance to up beat jazzy classics, like the Wicked Witch. But she needs the magic top hat to come alive again.

Attachments

• Holiday Costumes.jpg
    Holiday Costumes.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 64
A local punk rock record label in our area host a Punk Rock Bike Ride on the last Sunday of every month. I've missed every ride so far. I really need to go on one and see what its like.

I am going to ride this park today. It is so much fun. This is what it looks like this time of year. Later it is dinner with friends and I will ride a lighted bike back in freezing temps at night routing by some of the best lighted houses in town.
1703440540849.jpeg

1703441232906.jpeg

Back