Just for fun...

I have something similar, though it has a trigger-style ejector level that fans the credit cards.

I have one beautiful black leather one, but I had to replace it with a more garish blue one because the black one is too hard to see. I will still use the black one for more formal occasions, if I ever go to such things again, or when traveling. At home, a black wallet just doesn't work with a black laptop case, black jeans, black phone case, black tablet case, etc. We also favor dim lighting.

After my first few days of COVID, I lost the black wallet for four days (during a high fever). I found it right on top of my dresser. My wife and I had searched the dresser three times-- top, all drawers, etc.-- at least four times without seeing it.
I can relate. Wife says that the best place to hide things from me is right under my nose. And she has a point. Doesn't help that one of my centers of excellence is losing things I had in my hands minutes before.

But I have a new excuse now: Black on black.

Phone is all black, glasses have black frames now, and the kitchen counters in our new home as of a year ago are all black. By far, these are the items I lose most often, and this is the place I put them down most often. Recipe for endless frantic searches.

You'd think that a year would be long enough to learn that a quick glance at the black counters isn't enough. But nooooooo.

Maybe I should follow your lead and get hot pink glasses with a phone case to match. Problem solved!

Vintage-Steampunk-Brand-Design-Luxury-Small-Frame-Sunglasses-Men-Women-Fashion-Square-Sun-Glas...jpg

Black on black
Black on Black is a real problem for me. Bike design departments want to have the malfunctioning black thing that is deep inside the black thing that is mounted on the black thing. Looks great from a distance. I have to have a very powerful light to try to see what is going on when fixing bikes. If maintenance folks were involved in design important parts would all be in contrast. I am all for hot pink, acid blue, and florescent yellow.

How many cards ? Available for most phones? More info please...
It says 2, but I have 3. DL, ID, one credit card. I also use evil Google Pay, so do most out and about stuff in my phone. The credit card in the holder is just for the rate occasion when I need a physical card. It's available for lots of Apple phones, a few more recent Android.

Here's the link:

Teelevo Wallet Case for Google Pixel 5a 5G, Dual Layer Case with Card Slot Holder and Kickstand for Google Pixel 5a 5G - Black https://a.co/d/d6Gapoc

I actually wanted a different brand/type, but they don't make it for my phone, and I can't remember what it was 🤪🤪🤪

It says 2, but I have 3. DL, ID, one credit card. I also use evil Google Pay, so do most out and about stuff in my phone. The credit card in the holder is just for the rate occasion when I need a physical card. It's available for lots of Apple phones, a few more recent Android.

Here's the link:

Teelevo Wallet Case for Google Pixel 5a 5G, Dual Layer Case with Card Slot Holder and Kickstand for Google Pixel 5a 5G - Black https://a.co/d/d6Gapoc

I actually wanted a different brand/type, but they don't make it for my phone, and I can't remember what it was 🤪🤪🤪
Here's it is - my son has this one:

Spigen Slim Armor CS Designed for iPhone 13 Pro Case (2021) - Black https://a.co/d/0vmy5bE

I've got this - rarely carry anything else:

View attachment 167756
I just got a new Samsung note and ordered the same case. It was ok, but only held 3 or 4 cards including my DL and was a little ackward when I needed to access CC's at the store. I ended up going with my old standby. The fake brown leather job from Amazon.

It holds my DL, AAA card, Health Insurance card and a couple of CC's.

I ditched my 'smart' phone about five-years-ago. It is so liberating! I cannot tell you. Try it for one week. Put it in a Zip Lock, in a hole deep in the mud for your own liberation. It is only hard for the first day, I understand, then everything keeps getting better and better. You do not need to serve it. It is not your boss. Overthrow it, overcome! Be free. You can do it. I did. You can too. Freedom. Think.

1702004425124.jpeg
1702004510804.jpeg
1702004582444.jpeg

I ditched my 'smart' phone about five-years-ago. It is so liberating! I cannot tell you. Try it for one week. Put it in a Zip Lock, in a hole deep in the mud for your own liberation. It is only hard for the first day, I understand, then everything keeps getting better and better. You do not need to serve it. It is not your boss. Overthrow it, overcome! Be free. You can do it. I did. You can too. Freedom. Think.

View attachment 167782View attachment 167783View attachment 167784
I would love to but I still work. Need it almost every day. Guess I could try ditchin it on the weekend!

View attachment 167782View attachment 167783View attachment 167784
But, if I ditched my smart phone, I'd be stuck back in the spare bedroom on the laptop every time I wanted to check in with EBR 🤣🤣🤣! No, thanks...

Last edited:
I ditched my 'smart' phone about five-years-ago. It is so liberating!
If you were traveling, especially in Europe, you would bitterly regret not having a smartphone. It all starts with airline boarding card stored in the smartphone.
I could name perhaps fifty things you would need a smartphone for, beginning with finding your way from A to B through paying for the public transportation just by flashing your phone by a sensor, making a booking at a restaurant to renting a shared e-bike or a scooter.

InPost parcel lockers have been in operation in Poland since 2009. You get notifications to the smartphone, and you operate the parcel locker solely by a smartphone (receiving and shipping parcels). Another nice invention we enjoy in Poland is the BLIK system. If you need to pay online, you get a code from your bank, enter the code, and authorize the transaction on the phone. Even GPay is not that fast or reliable, especially as BLIK allows you sending funds to your friends or family without waiting at all!

Or... well, Uma, your "e-bikes" may 'smoke Vados' but you cannot operate them from the smartphone.

Given you are not travelling and cannot use a smartphone for your "e-bikes", a smartphone is a waste on you indeed :)

There is a fun book called 'Hollow Kingdom' where cell phones turn humans in to zombies and pets need to help each other, lead by a talking crow. I heard there is a new Netflix tonight where all the cell phones die and no one knows how to do anything.

We are in Northern California; granola, nuts & flakes.
We (in the tech world, outside the valley) called it the land of "fruits and nuts" but much the same spirit ... without the battles over whither "granola" was copyrighted or trademarked or public domain. But "Gingerbread" is very appropriate ... and can be eaten by the viewers...

Back