Just for fun...

We have a lighted bike decorating and decorations exchange party tomorrow. Some illicit hooch eggnog will be passed during the fun. The Mayor got my lights from a bike I had decorated for a display and will be joining the party. The lighted paraded will be on the 22nd and will include folks from 60 miles away, by Stanford and even lowrider bikes from a nearby town. People will also take the train from the South to join in. That will be a blast. Last year was fun, this year is sanctioned with three motorcycle cops blocking intersections. It will be three times bigger than last year. I put up posters for it everywhere.

409093296_863253605800798_2625300407556759305_n.jpg

I have heard purists say that they cycle for exercise and would never go electric! I will say, 'Then fill your tires with water, you will get more exercise that way; Oh and what if there is a mountain lion?'

Here is a friend with her decorated eBike for the lighted bike parade. Those are candy canes on the front of the basket. It has a jingle bell on the front spokes. And because this is Petaluma I installed a silly chicken sounds simulator by the shifter. We are known for chickens and eggs.
1702771559774.jpeg

Black bears can run 30-35mph for short bursts. :eek:
Black bears can also climb any tree faster than either a human or a grizzly can. That's OK with the Grizzly, who can just knock the whole tree and any occupants over, not so hot for a human unlucky enough to piss off a black bear enough for it to chase you, and try to escape via climbing a tree.

I expect the photo is a fake cut and paste job but it gave me a chuckle.

I just read how there is a reason the little drummer boy is mostly left out of nativity scenes.
Imagine that you are on the road, sleeping in a barn with animals, and have a newborn. And then you need to politely listen to some kid bang a drum.

Last edited:
When we relocate to Hawaii.
I watched TV and watched Grizzly Adam. I thought bear only eat vegetables like berry's. After watching Joe Rogan's podcasts about bears.
I learned a lot about eating habits of bears.
Bears see you as food unlike a tiger a predator. It kills you first then eats you a bear will maul you to death without going for the throat kills a bear will eat you alive.
Funny or not but the only shocking encounter I have had happened is with a family of wild pigs 200+lb sow.
I was gonna shoot it but she beat me to the draw.

I just read how there is a reason the little drummer boy is mostly left out of nativity scenes.
Imagine that you are on the road, sleeping in a barn with animals, and have a newborn. And then you need to politely listen to some kid bang a drum.
never could find any info in the bible on the drummer boy( methinks it was a marketing ploy)

Back