Just for fun...

Happy Dyngus Day.
Those people must have lost any sense of attachment with their home country :) We do not play Polkas in Poland. What we actually do on the Dyngus Day is taking a bucket full of water and pouring it onto chicks in the front of the church! Firemen have it easier with their hoses!

Śmigus Dyngus (Easter Monday) is all about spraying water onto other people! :) (We even have egg shaped sprayers to be used by kids on the day).

Last edited:
We believe black lives matter.
We believe no one is illegal.
We support the people of Ukraine.
We believe in a woman's right to choose.
But bikers? f*ck those guys, I won't give them extra space or pass them safely.

WTF I don't get it. There's no humor in it.
Don't watch the news it's dangerous.
Allow me to 'splain.

There are so many people out there that proudly show their support for an abstract people that they might not ever encounter on a personal basis, but they don't care about passing bikers safely, or driving safely in general. While I'm not a fan of Che, something quoted from War by Frankie goes to Hollywood always kind of stuck with me.

Then, of course, there is revolutionary love. Love of comrades fighting for the people, and love of people. Not an abstract people, but people one meets and works with. When Che Guevara taught of love being at the center of revolutionary endeavor, he meant both. For people like Che or George Jackson or Malcolm X, love was the prime mover of their struggle and love cost them their lives. Love coupled with a man's pride. Love coupled with a man's pride

Most people have no problem showing how much they care for people in the abstract, they generally don't care about people right in front of them.

Allow me to 'splain.

There are so many people out there that proudly show their support for an abstract people that they might not ever encounter on a personal basis, but they don't care about passing bikers safely, or driving safely in general. While I'm not a fan of Che, something quoted from War by Frankie goes to Hollywood always kind of stuck with me.

Then, of course, there is revolutionary love. Love of comrades fighting for the people, and love of people. Not an abstract people, but people one meets and works with. When Che Guevara taught of love being at the center of revolutionary endeavor, he meant both. For people like Che or George Jackson or Malcolm X, love was the prime mover of their struggle and love cost them their lives. Love coupled with a man's pride. Love coupled with a man's pride

Most people have no problem showing how much they care for people in the abstract, they generally don't care about people right in front of them.
Agreed. And perhaps worse some people often don't even care for themselves. It's hard to think well of others if you don't think well of yourself and your community first.

Back