Just Bought the 2015 OHM XS 750 sport

EbikeR2

Happy to see Court's 10/10 rating on the latest review! Picking up this Friday and looking forward to using that BionX D 500 series motor. Love the high end components on the bike relative to the price (not cheap but not crazy either at $4000). Got the city package added to it for commuting -- will update with PX on Friday. Thanks Court for the review-- it was a push I needed to push the button!

Thanks -- will do! Going to pick it up on Friday afternoon, taking my helmet with me and just going to ride home! Will post pxs Friday night.

I rode this bike. Personal Opinion: Nicely made, but the geometry was wrong for me (the single most important factor when purchasing a bike). The reach to the handlebars was very short and the riding position was rather "sit up and beg." The handlebar was very short in length and it made my test ride somewhat twitchy. However, nicely integrated and the D500 is very well engineered. True you can fool around with stems and replace the handlebar, but I did not want to spend the time or effort out of the shoot. The other factor is that this is a very small Canadian company looking for investors. Makes me wonder about financial stability. I called the company 3 times during the week and no one answered. On the 4th call an older gentlemen answered the phone and when I proceeded to ask certain questions he kindly asked me to wait until his son returned from Taiwan......very small company indeed.

It's true it is a still a very small company but the most expensive part on the bike is the BionX D500 which BionX itself will cover for 2 years (and OHM for 3-- they have a deal with BionX to extend warranty). Even if they fold -- BionX will be around. Seems to be expanding though and e-bikes in general seem to be exploding.

It's true it is a still a very small company but the most expensive part on the bike is the BionX D500 which BionX itself will cover for 2 years (and OHM for 3-- they have a deal with BionX to extend warranty). Even if they fold -- BionX will be around. Seems to be expanding though and e-bikes in general seem to be exploding.
I hope so. He's a nice guy and a good bike builder.

I just passed the 8,000 km mark since December 17th 2014 on my 750 and I'm still going.
Haven't had any issues other than normal wear, and the performance, well it has been and still is the best! 100 km rides with 1/4 of the battery left averaging 25 km/hour shows that it has the range. And that saddle, -not sure where he picked up but it is the most comfortable I've had.

Can't stop smiling!

10/10 is well deserved!

As promised here's the photo! Talked to Michael for a while -- very cool guy, and obviously knows his bikes. He's basically picked his favorite/best components and put together a fantastic bike with a beast motor (BionX D series). So much fun to ride and very powerful up the hills. Love the regen mode on downhill too.

Attachments

• OHM.JPG
    OHM.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 577
Great looking bike, i may be looking to upgrade soon, my evo has had lots of issues and it is only 8 months old 2700 miles.
I first picked out the motor/battery and then looked for the bike -- what sold me on BionX was a friend riding a 7yr old (!!!) Bionx converted bike. Zero maintenance, zero problems and the battery still held a charge! (enough to do the 10 km commute anyway). I thought dammit, I want a Bionx! And when I saw all the sweetness of the D series I was sold. And from there I found OHM and I really like their business-- great components, great bike builder, 3 yr warranty, and good value price (and the icing on cake was Court's 10/10 rating!). I'll update as time goes by -- already went for a spin up the local mountain this AM. FUN!

I first picked out the motor/battery and then looked for the bike -- what sold me on BionX was a friend riding a 7yr old (!!!) Bionx converted bike. Zero maintenance, zero problems and the battery still held a charge! (enough to do the 10 km commute anyway). I thought dammit, I want a Bionx! And when I saw all the sweetness of the D series I was sold. And from there I found OHM and I really like their business-- great components, great bike builder, 3 yr warranty, and good value price (and the icing on cake was Court's 10/10 rating!). I'll update as time goes by -- already went for a spin up the local mountain this AM. FUN!
How are you liking the bike now?

How are you liking the bike now?
It's fantastic -- fight in family on who gets to ride it! The throttle cuts off at 20mph but pedal assist does not until 28-29mph -- and that's fun! Love the Big Ben tires, the hydraulic brakes/stopping power and the fantastic B & W lights. The BionX D 500 series though is what takes the cake and reason I bought it -- so good to have the extended range and the torque/power for the hills. Think $ for $ it's an excellent value with high-end components lovingly put together. I did swap the seat out to be sportier -- might buy a Brooks one soon to test that out. Still haven't found a saddle I have fallen in love with...

It's warm and gorgeous outside though so easy to love and ride. Ask me again in December! What do you ride?

Hi. Thanks for your response. I ride an Evo Jet. It is a great bike but I am thinking of getting another (my wife can ride the Jet and I would like a bike that goes fast and is just fun to ride).

Does your bike hit 28 mph on a flat road? Are you working hard to go that fast? I have been interested in the Bionx system and am glad to read your great report.

Hi. Thanks for your response. I ride an Evo Jet. It is a great bike but I am thinking of getting another (my wife can ride the Jet and I would like a bike that goes fast and is just fun to ride).

Does your bike hit 28 mph on a flat road? Are you working hard to go that fast? I have been interested in the Bionx system and am glad to read your great report.
Flattish - and yes, definitely have to pedal hard to get that fast unless going steep downhill. Throttle tops out at 20mph which is somewhat annoying but I guess it's the law? Great bike, great components, and fantastic 3 YEAR warranty from BionX which I really like (dealer registers your bike, BionX emails you with registration information). Normally BionX is 2 year warranty but if you buy thru OHM, it becomes 3. That's a decent peace of mind on a well trusted system.
On the downside it doesn't look as cool as the Specialized Turbo :)

Sounds like a great bike. My LBS carries Ohm - I will ask for a test ride. Thanks for this info - much appreciated!

Back