Juiced RipRacer vs. RadRunner 1.

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So my new blue RipRacer arrived today, but I purchased back my old RadRunner 1. I'm loaning a friend the Rad this coming Friday so I need to get the Racer put together so I can do a quick comparison. So far these are my observations. Racer was packed super good! And it has color manuals. I need to install my Mr. Tuffy liners. I have Tannus and Tuffy liners on my Runner. The Tannus liners were a PITA to install on the Rad. I opted out of Tannus for the Racer. I found this strange. I got the Racer but still waiting on the fenders, rear rack and front rack. I'm gonna get the Racer put together to play around ASAP because I'm excited! Finally, I ordered this Racer as soon as it was announced for sale and I received it today, 04/11/2022. That was fine with me. And Juiced kept me updated on a regular basis as well. So far so good. Will follow this up when I get it put together.

Well, this comparison isn't going to happen. If your in the Norfolk VA area and want a project RipRacer hit me up. I snipped the housing in the wire going to the rear hub and I don't see myself trying to fix it. Will get a picture up later and check my temper on more time before posting in the For Sale section. This really sucks but at the same time I really did some sol searching and don't see myself riding this ebike as much as I thought. Anyways, let me check my temper, post up the damage and see what my (or someone interested in a project) options are.

Yes, some deep breaths are needed it seems. Okay now, what exactly do you mean, you snipped the housing in the wire? Cut the insulation? Post some pics will be helpful and maybe it's an easy fix. Serenity now.

White and blue wires cut to hub.

Attachments

• 20220413_112120.jpg
    20220413_112120.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 20220413_112129.jpg
    20220413_112129.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 275
I'm gonna try and find an exploded view of the hub but I have a strong feeling I'm "project biking" it. For the price of the battery I'd consider selling the whole RipRacer. So I'll ask $400 FIRM. No shipping, no warranty, AS IS. It's not been powered up. Was trying to install Mr. Tuffy liners when this happened. Will post picture of the bike as it sits. If in the Norfolk, VA area or willing to travel PM me.

Last edited:
I can't tell in the pic for sure, but it looks like you may have only cut the outer sheath and nicked the conductor wire's insulation. If so you should be able to carefully open the black insulation and wrap the exposed conductor wires. If they are almost cut through, it should be easy enough to repair with a bit of solder and some high quality tape. It's worth a try and if all is lost, how about a new cable to the hub. Mine has a dandy connector a few inches out of the hub. I'm sure a e bike repair shop would do a R&R on the cable if you bring in the part and wheel, if you don't want to try it. It would be a shame to sh*t can the bike over this issue, good luck.

Like I said, I did some soul searching and just don't see myself riding it much. As it sits.

Attachments

• 20220413_113348.jpg
    20220413_113348.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 20220413_113356.jpg
    20220413_113356.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 293
Fair enough then, good luck with the sale, I think it will disappear quickly at that price. I only wish I were local to you and I would offer to repair the damaged wires for you. Cheers for now.

Here's the plan so far. Tonight I'm gonna search for the part to repair it. I've fixed worse. Plus I have a coworker who's good at this stuff and loves seeing how things work. Finally, I'm not in a hurry to ride it. Still waiting on my fenders so I'll have to remove the rear again anyways.

Better pictures (I hope) of my stupidity.

Attachments

• 20220415_185654.jpg
    20220415_185654.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 262
Tiny blue cut thru and white almost cut thru. I found solder seal butt connectors but I have to make sure "white" is a small enough gage. Will post my results when done.

Tiny blue cut thru and white almost cut thru. I found solder seal butt connectors but I have to make sure "white" is a small enough gage. Will post my results when done.
Excellent! Make a good connection, Be sure the crimpers are compatible with the connectors, check all the wires in the vicinity to be sure, and then get some good insulating tape and "Bob's your uncle". Just how I would make the repair.

Listed in the For Sale section. $400 FIRM, AS IS. Fix it, part it out, make a custom. For the price of a battery you get a whole ebike.

Last edited:
Lost nut and the flat washer that bolts to the frame. Price reduced to $400.

Attachments

• 20220427_142421.jpg
    20220427_142421.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 190
Don't ask but my temper got the best of me and the RipRacer is dead, never to ride again. Sorry to anyone who missed out on a parts (or fix) ebike for $400.

Back