iZip problems

iZipRapido

I have a 2010 iZip Via Rapido with the 250 W 24V motor (mfg by Suzhou Bafang Motor Science Co.). I had been able to use the battery down to its last gasp, and only recently found a source (Ebikemarketplace) to rebuild my battery, since Currie Technology does not sell them anymore.

The problem is when I use the throttle, the electric motor makes a groaning sound, then goes silent and the motor is unresponsive and does not power the bicycle. Prior to my getting a new battery, I had noticed that a couple of times I heard the groaning noise and it seemed like there was some resistance when pedaling, but it went away quickly and did not come back, and I was able to use the power normally.

Any ideas as to what is causing the problem and how I might be able to resolve it?

I have the same bike. I have been having trouble with the power cutting off on its own. I flip the switch off and on and the battery power works again for a short while. I was told I need to have the battery rebuilt like you did. But if I spend all that money and it still doesn’t work I would be wasting money. I was also told it could be the controller. Did you ever get yours to work again?

Back