Wiring Help with Hydrive controller from Townie Go 7D

tc33133

Region
USA
HI
I have a 2020 Electra Townie Go 7D step through with the rear rack battery. The bike was not in use for a while and the original battery is no longer able to charge properly. I didn't want to pay $600+ for the Hydrive replacement, since I had a 36V battery from eBay in great condition to use. The problem I have is that when I connect the battery to the controller and power on the system, the battery lights on the display unit continually flash and the motor does not run when the bike is pedalled.
The Hydrive controller (model 0000040019D18C-1) that came with the bike has a power connector with black and red power leads and 3 thinner gauge wires (orange, blue and green) presumably for the battery level/BMS.
I'm unable to find a wiring diagram for this controller, and guessing it is somewhere in a B2B service manual I don't have access to, so I'm wondering if any one here has experience with this controller. I saw some other posts that the flashing on the display is related to firmware/software issues that can be resolved with some app, but I'm not sure if this is just a bike shop thing or something available to average joes.
Thanks for any help you can provide

Wow. I wish that I could help you. Bummer. Overtime I have learned the lesson to shy away from proprietary stuff and go for the right to repair. They want you to only use the Official Townie Go battery. Two lead batteries are easy to swap.

Back