Ultra install problems

Motor is finally wired in (without the use of those @#*! Anderson connectors) and, after a lot of finagling with the wires I was able to bolt the motor in place and put on the plastic side cover.
Final test and the throttle spins the motor. 🥳
Did the derailleur calibration with the Archer wireless shifter today and she's ready to go! 🥳🥳🥳
Tomorrow, I'll take her for a ride around the neighbourhood.
Why not ride farther, you ask.
Because the pessimist in me want to be close to home incase something disconnects, breaks, burns, blows up, melts, falls off.........

Mine is 48V and I can't remember the last time I went above level 3 (out of 9). For 98% of my riding I never come close to using the full 2000W power.
In hindsight, I would have been happy with the stockUltra power output of around 1000 to 1200W.

Range is based entirely on battery capacity (typically expressed in watt-hours, or wh), and your riding efficiency (wh/mile). With a CANbus Ultra you can't fit an EggRider, but UART Ultras can be fitted with an EggRider, which reports your average efficiency in wh/mile, and consumption per ride in watt-hours. That said, given what you posted earlier about your riding style, I'm not surprised to see you use a lot of power per mile.

A cut-off of 48volts seems wrong for a 52volt battery. My 52 volt battery bike was programmed for a 42volt cut-off. Good batteries have a BMS that automatically shuts it down if the voltage gets too low, but on UART motors you can program the display to turn the bike off before that threshold is reached.

Agreed 48v is way to high for a LV cut-off. As stated 42v should be about correct that’s probably what your BMS is pre set at.

Took the bike for a ride around the neighbourhood today. I didn't go too far because the I forgot to sync the remote to the main shifter, so I couldn't shift gears.
Everything seems to work fine. I don't know if it's my imagination but the motor seems quieter.

One thing I can say for sure.....I'd do 10 motor re & re's on my Hydra over 1 re & re on my UC Pro.

Back