Issues with the Turbo Creo SL (all variants)

I had the squeaking Future Shock cover. After cleaning the top tube below it the problem was gone.

Hi folks, as some are aware I own a Turbo Creo SL Comp Evo. My intention is for us to be able to share notes about issues with our bikes and what are the resolutions.

Here are mine:

1. Sunrace cassette

I am aware that this version of Creo SL comes with a Sunrace cassette and it is what it is. This is my first time to experience Sunrace products and it is a letdown. As I previously posted, the tuning was off and I had to tune the rear derailleur to my satisfaction. That part is now past me. However, the fact that my cassette have some minor (like 2 teeth in 2 cogs) imperfection, I am not inclined to pursue a warranty claim with Specialized because they will just give me another Sunrace cassette. At $6,500 price point, this bike deserves a Deore XT cassette.

2. Squeaking Futureshock cover [FIXED]

This is SUPER annoying! And hard to troubleshoot. If I turn the handlebar left and right, there's no noise. But the moment I ride the bike, the noise will pester me throughout the ride. I grabbed the entire cover and the noise disappeared and the moment I released it, the noise comes back. The local Specialized technician argues that the lip part maybe rubbing the frame but it does not. I can put a sheet of plastic and paper between the lip and the frame and they don't touch (maybe when riding, which I still have to test.

3. TCU still presents itself as "Levo"

This one is cosmetic. In the Mission Control (2.2.0 build 50) app, the Tune settings still show Eco, Trail, and Turbo when Trail should be Sport. Similarly, using Connect IQ of Garmin, the data field shows TRAIL. It seems to me that the TRAIL is hard coded. If the TCU generates 0, 1, 2, 3 and the developers assumed 2 = Trail then that's what causes it.

The Mission Control app do identify the TCU as Creo SL because there are no "Acceleration Response" and "Shuttle" options in mine.

4. Futureshock rocks

In our recent ride, during take off on an incline, the fork turned left while handlebar still points straight forward. Thankfully, I'm not in a downhill or something. After slightly tightening the bolts, there is a forward rocking motion every time I apply the front brake.

5. Dropper post seized

The X-Fusion dropper post no longer drops. I was told by my Specialized dealership that I am another one that has the X-Fusion problem wherein the cartridge is "wasted."

I bought a Creo Expert Evo, and I have a couple issues as well.

A) The Q-factor is 181mm. My knees would feel a little bit of discomfort after each ride. There is a lot of room between the crankarm and the chainstay, so I think Praxis could’ve made the crankarms lot narrower. I run Dura Ace cranks and Easton Carbon cranks on all my other bikes, and the Q-factors for them are 146mm and 151mm. After a half dozen ride, discomfort has subsided, but it will be interesting to see how my knees will respond when I start riding my other bikes more, then go back riding the Creo.

B) I have dropped chain quite a few times even though the clutch was on. At one time the chain got stuck between the frame and chainring, and it scraped the heck out of the bike.:). I’m looking to replace the chainring with a more pronounced shaped narrow/wide ring. I might have to shortened the chain and adjust the RD tension as well.

Other than those two issues, I’m loving the bike!
Hi, did you find a solution to get a smaller Q-factor ?

Back