Is there any DOT headlight?

A "tap" is a great way to add a power outlet for a light. Easily made to work with any connector.
My 400 lumen Roxim can light at 6v-85v.

Last edited:
Thats also one of the reasons why I went with the external battery pack...I can take it off anytime I want and put it on another bike if I wanted to without much trouble.

Thats also one of the reasons why I went with the external battery pack...I can take it off anytime I want and put it on another bike if I wanted to without much trouble.
I also like a removable light that multi-tasks as a light on another bike and a handheld light when we travel. I'm using the Fenix BC21R. It has the beam cutoff, replaceable 18650 battery, etc. Very handy little light.

Nah doesn’t seem like it has a cutoff line since they mentioned it for about 2 seconds and never again.

Plus you can kinda tell with the lenses they use, it just produces a spot light.

Edit...the first ali link has one it’s a minor model name difference, it’s the R version, seems that’s the one with a cutoff

Again it’s the lenses, the one with the square lense produces their cutoff version, circle=spot light

Last edited:
For fenix it seems their cutoff models are the lights with square lenses like the one I linked.

The circle lenses they have look like they all have the same spot light with no cutoff. The BC30 you linked seems like they tried to make it a cutoff with the circle lenses but diffusing the beam via top and bottom of the lenses as you can see the clearness of the center but the wavy (on the lens)

Again this is just for their brand and definitely not the same with other brands that may have a cutoff point..just different tech.

For the dyno hub folks, this is the Schmidt SON Edelux II on my Haibike Full FatSix. Powered by a Schmidt SON28 dyno hub. The Schmidt uses the same Busch and Muller reflector, which features a distinct cut-off beam as per German lighting regulations. No, it's not a trillion lumens of light, then again, I don't think it will blind on-coming riders like many of these un-regulated by law lights will.

Attachments

• 100_4202.JPG
    100_4202.JPG
    961.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_4506.JPG
    100_4506.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_4507.JPG
    100_4507.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 100_4509.JPG
    100_4509.JPG
    779.5 KB · Views: 287
What is the relationship between lux on that unit, vs lumens on most lights? Just curious...
The one Tom listed is @ 70 lux...comparing that to mine which is listed at 110 lux which is 1800 lumens....there is a mathematical equation for calculation but it requires the space that the light is being contained, which we cannot figure.

So I would think maybe 1k lumens

For the dyno hub folks, this is the Schmidt SON Edelux II on my Haibike Full FatSix. Powered by a Schmidt SON28 dyno hub. The Schmidt uses the same Busch and Muller reflector, which features a distinct cut-off beam as per German lighting regulations. No, it's not a trillion lumens of light, then again, I don't think it will blind on-coming riders like many of these un-regulated by law lights will.

Yeah there were a few awesome dyno powered Busch and Muller headlights that I was sad to see they wouldnt fit my application

For the dyno hub folks, this is the Schmidt SON Edelux II on my Haibike Full FatSix. Powered by a Schmidt SON28 dyno hub.
The Schmidt uses the same Busch and Muller reflector, which features a distinct cut-off beam as per German lighting regulations.
No, it's not a trillion lumens of light, then again, I don't think it will blind on-coming riders like many of these un-regulated by law lights will.
Nice Dyno setup... well done!

thanks! I just looked them up and I think I prefer the C01 just because of the shape

Lumintop B01 i C01

Lumintop B01 (z lewej) i Lumintop C01

I'm a B01 user. When I first got it, I remember being unimpressed on my first commute with it. But when I used it on a proper trail ride where there was absolutely no other sources of light pollution, it definitely "shined".

actually, never mind.. the C01 is 400 lumens and the B01 is 850 lumens.

Yeah that was linked earlier or in another thread, I didnt mention it because of the subpar lumen rating.

Definately looking for a unicorn here...

Just remembered I was riding last night and passing by another couple of bikers but it was pitch dark with no street lights and they did not have any lights on...yet...the biker buddy in the front had a LED light bar that is usually on trucks...:eek:

We are also working on a custom light that is similar to Supernova (Day time running light, 1300 lumen, high/low beam switch) in a lot of ways but much less expensive ( $179 MSRP instead of $350)
We will try to offer them to the community next year.

Is it possible for you to develop projector LED rather than reflector LED?

I think it is totally possible but the downside is that it would consume a lot of power and the necessary cooling apparatus would make the light bulky.

Back