Is there any DOT headlight?

HI, Daily commuter here. I went with the Super nova mini pro 25. two years , zero issues. The high low beam switch is a separate illuminated button that is positioned to be activated with my thumb without releasing the handle bar. the tail light is super bright and can be equipped with a brake light option. It powers through the 12 volt port of the borsch motor, I had my trek dealer program the display to turn the light on when the display is turned on. You have the option of controlling it through your display. It wasn't cheap but i will not ever be without one again. https://supernova-lights.com/en/products/e-bike-lights-25kmh/m99-mini-pro-25/ . It was purchased from starbike in Germany, no issues and the adaptor cables were in stock. The ability to flash your high beams gets the attention of phone distracted drivers. Top it off with a https://www.provizsports.com/ca/col...92vxYqXyTigZwQ5BVziA04qgSEDEY2-YaAryTEALw_wcB, that combination makes me the only cyclist brighter than Comet NEOWISE. Use code 20FORYOU for 20% off of the jacket.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that a while ago.

I was a bit unimpressed by the 500 lumen rating, I want at least 1000 lumens since my current light has 1300 lumens.

But I also found that lumen ratings are very deceiving, if your light has a pin-point effect like flashlight, you will get a high lumen rating and if your light has a lens that spreads the light for better visibility, you will get a low lumen rating.

There are so many different ways to measure the light output... lumen, lux, candela, .. I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused which one to choose.

LEZYNE Macro Drive 1000

Lumen ratings are pretty straight forward, they are supposed to measure them within a Lightbox that is a specified dimension. The only thing that is confusing is the simple fact that the market is flooded with no name China brands with "xxxx" lumen ratings which are completely false.

Go with reputable brands, you get what you pay for in the end. Shopping on aliexpress might get you cheap prices, but in the end its a crapshoot.

And sure, you cant have everything you want, at the end you either get one or the other. Good luck.

Indeed, I would at least get 1000 lumens as that is the average for most car headlights. My outbound lighting is 1800 lumens.

I would go with brands that clearly state they have light cutoffs or have the STVZO designation

I am also very curious about this one.

Has high/low beam, and looks like it comes with cut off line for low beam too.

yeah for now I guess Outbound is the best one for the money, although I'm a bit curious about one that's on AliExpress as well.

Yeah this one you posted has my interest the most

Its a rare find to get exactly what your looking for, I was doing the same headlight search a month ago.

The reasons why I went with the external battery pack is because 1) You can mess up your controller if you mess with the electronics, esp the headlight. 2) I didnt really want to suck battery power out of the main pack and have to charge it up more than I need to (even though the light itself may seem like a small amount of voltage, adding that with the motor consuming voltage together adds up like a multiplier.)

Also, the lights that had a battery pack that was built into the light itself...those runtimes on the battery on High Beam power were pretty low usually at 1.5 hours (because of the limitation on the size) which was not enough for my ride times.

In my searches I havent been able to find an internal battery light 1k lumen that also had a cutoff...sorry. :(

our Gepedia bike came with a good built in light with a cutoff but its a bit weak. but its the best like I have seen included on a e bike especially for only 4000.00 so I got a 1300 lumen light to light closer to the bike so it wont be thing in others eyes.

Yeah this one you posted has my interest the most

We have tested this light and it is very decent for the money.
The Supernova M99 miniPro-45 or the M99 Pro offer much sharper beam cutoff and better illumination, perhaps the LED chip used is of slightly higher quality.
But for $99, The light you linked is actually great.

I am also very curious about this one.

Has high/low beam, and looks like it comes with cut off line for low beam too.

From the photos, it looks like this model has a decent cutoff line on the low beam pattern.

1602468857682.png

yeah, I'm just wondering about the powersource.

It says 12V to 58V
Does this mean that you can carry external battery or do you connect directly to your ebike battery through your controller? 🤔
I think this would be designed to connect directly to the Ebike battery with the 12-58V range.

Last edited:
They seem to have different cable (wiring) depending on what picture you look at..

Picture from review
U32cc12cace034cceb8806a57ffa7db878.jpg

Picture from advertisement
Linkbest-2000-lumen-ebike-light-day-running-light-powered-by-49leds-high-beam-and-low-beam.jpg
It appears that the plug connector has been removed in the first photo exposing the red and black wires.

Back