If you’re visiting Seattle highly recommend doing a test ride

jonglee

I’m a local, and Rad Power Bike’s had plenty of test ride availability on their webpage. Walked in, signed a simple electronic waiver and borrowed helmet, and got the simple operation explanation and was able to ride around the neighborhood. Got to try two bikes - they offered to let me try more.
Afterwards talked to another very helpful salesperson and after some discussion, based on availability I placed an order for store pickup. I wanted it to be assembled properly by Rad and hope that it will be ready soon. They estimated 2 to 3 weeks but crossing my fingers it’s sooner.
A bummer that they don’t have any fenders or front racket or baskets available in store either.
Speaking of availability, it seems like their stock of in store versus internet availability is completely different. When I called them last week. I was told that the fastest way to get it would be to have it shipped to my house, as there were 50+ people in line at the store when the bikes were released the week before last.
Plus the Ballard neighborhood is cool area to visit!
Thought I’d post this in order to help others.

It's called shipping fulfillment. They don't want to warehouse their stock so they stick a UPC code on the box in China and it is stocked in a warehouse somewhere else and shipped from there.

Ballard is nice. Spent many June's at Fisherman's Terminal and roamed all over there. No wonder eBikes are popular in Seattle eh? I have ridden mine all over town and it is good to stick to the side streets, no matter how steep, to get around the stupid amount of traffic.

Last edited:
Back