I want to upgrade: Specialized Turbo Vado vs. Trek Allant?

How does the Sram mech work with a Shimano cassette?
It is a terrific combination. The Shimano cassette and chain offer very smooth, easy shifting that works smoothly even under load. The Sram AXS offers very precise, easily adjustable indexing and is super responsive, a significant improvement over the Shimano XTM8120 OEM unit that came on the bike. This took a very nice drive train that came on the bike and with the Onyx hub made it the best derailleur based drive train I could imagine.

The Allant came with a very nice derailleur protector that needed a simple adaptor plate to move it outboard in order to accommodate the bulkier AXS unit. It is just a small aluminum plate with four holes drilled.
20200509_052352.jpg

Our local Trek store, a Trek corporate owned store, always has a bunch of Allant 7s & 8s in stock in various sizes. They don't keep a stock of 9s though. I was in there last week and they had at least 6 Allant 7s & 8s on the floor. I suspect, but have no facts to back up the suspicion, that the corporate stores get first dibs on the bikes versus the multibrand locally owned shops that carry Trek bikes among others.

Here is a list of my modifications to the Trek Allant 9.9s

1. Sram AXS X01 Wireless Electronic Shifter and Derailleur
  2. Shimano Deore XTR CS-M9100 Cassette - 10-51 Tooth
  3. Baramind City Shock Absorbing Handlebar
  4. Kinekt Body Float Seat Post
  5. Selle Anatomica H2 Leather Saddle
  6. Onyx instant engagement and silent hub
  7. Brooks saddle bag
  8. Topeak Fast Fuel Drybag X
  9. Catalyst Flat Pedals
  10. Abus Bordo Alarm Lock
  11. SQ Lab 702 Grips
  12. Selle Itallia Rear View Mirror
  13. Knog OI Bell
  14. Knog 1000 lumen light/battery PWR Trail 10001
  15. Quad Lok Phone Holder
  16. Schwalbe Hurricane tires for winter and G-One Speed for summer with Tubolito inner tubes.
  17. And of course a Bosch Nyon Display (it came with the Smart Phone Hub which I had replaced with the Intuvia mount to accommodate the Nyon)
How are the grips vs Ergon ?

Purchased two Allant 7S in July. Had to search the area for inventory and drive about 60 miles but it was well worth the effort. I'm seeing quite a few high end Trek eMTB's being delivered but not so for the Allant's. My wife got the stagger and mine is the standard model. We love these things! Working through a few things like the updating the motor firmware, fixing lights on all the time to being able to turn on / off, stem adjustments, GPS device, and a Racktime quick detach plate for a bag we already had. But that's just the fun stuff. Bikes have been flawless in over 300 miles. Battery life surpasses expectations. We highly recommend the Allant!

Back