Hydra has landed!

This Linkglide groupset looks VERY interesting. I like the 10 speed (11-42) setup.
I wonder how available it is and what the cost would be.

"Testing shows that LINKGLIDE cassettes are 300% more durable than prior HYPERGLIDE cassettes, and three times less degradation to the cassette means fewer chain skips, more mileage before repairs or replacement, and more smooth two-way shifting."
👍

Wiring question. i was checking to see if the 2 red higo plugs for the brake cut offs were stuffed in the head tube of my hydra.
they were curled up along with another wire that looked like it was snipped off by someone, or accidently when assembling the bike.
see attachment drawing, it is approx 1 foot long and on the motor side of the splitter . anyone out there know what this might be for.
not sure if it got cut by accident

Attachments

• IMG_0001.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 237
Light??? I have the same in my frame. Took out fork and noticed it too…. (What it looks like inside!)
IDK!
-BB

B932B203-0D5E-418F-881A-5E59D04A199C.jpeg
61CBC41F-F88F-4452-9D6E-C2F06D6FD2E7.jpeg

hello BB, it is on the motor side of the splitter which suggests that it came from the motor harness ??????????
it is not for the brake cut offs, as they work.

Yes, and why I am thinking LIGHTS with the Bafang light button and claimed light chip we are all missing....
Else IDK...
-BB

Not sure same thing but the m600 motor has a wire that will directly plug into bafang battery packs. Supposed to help with monitoring cells.

there are also a couple light wires.

Quick update. Decided to install the Garbaruk cage and pulley system just to see impact. I still need to do a lot of adjustments to the derailleur but snuck a quick test ride in and seemed promising. 20 - 24mph with just a skip here or there. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.

View attachment 107761View attachment 107762

View attachment 107763
I'm looking forward to the ride report that includes a stick getting kicked up and munched into that oversized pulley. I'm thinking it's not gonna end well. Might want to consider carrying spare pulley's and maybe even a cage for that kind of contingency.....

I'm looking forward to the ride report that includes a stick getting kicked up and munched into that oversized pulley. I'm thinking it's not gonna end well. Might want to consider carrying spare pulley's and maybe even a cage for that kind of contingency.....
So you are looking forward to my misfortune 😱 so far so good but I’ll make sure to keep you updated as it seems important to you 👍

I ride trails under trees - much of it under redwood trees. I do have twigs and sticks kick up pretty often.

Looking forward to a Kindernay and nor having to work stuff back out of the derailleur.

For sure there are going to be issues with derailleurs getting banged up offroad and things getting stuck in them and a bigger cage like you see on the Garbaruk and others seem like they will only heighten the issue but I'm happy with the reduction in chain skipping and it's a worthy trade-off to me for the time being. Even the RD-M8100 has got larger pulleys and cage... you spin the wheel, you take your chances... ;)

Quick update. Decided to install the Garbaruk cage and pulley system just to see impact. I still need to do a lot of adjustments to the derailleur but snuck a quick test ride in and seemed promising. 20 - 24mph with just a skip here or there. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.
The big bolt cage pivots on, the stock cage has a big washer/bushing on it, is that supposed to be reused? It doesn't really seem to fit?

Attachments

• 20211130_172500.jpg
    20211130_172500.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 202
Doh sorry I'm dumb, I should have cleaned up these parts first.. some piece of dirt or something was preventing washer from just sliding on and I thought it wasn't fitting. Cleaned them off with paper towel to see better and then it just slid on, hah.

Back