Hydra Black - Has anyone received theirs yet?

rivets

I ordered mine w/ the Archon X1 upgrade on 8/21/21. ET was suppose to be 90 days and I've still not heard any new statuses or updates on the shipment. Live chat on their site isn't being monitored either. Has anyone received better communication from WW or received the actual bike?

I got an email saying delayed past 1/31/22 blaming cargo ship delays and option to upgrade to regular Hydra for $$$ with about the same delivery date.

Wow, I haven't received that email and in fact, they failed to notify me that I needed to complete the second phase of the configuration order until I reached out back in November.

Tempted to cancel at this point but there's a hefty cancelation fee (for whatever reason).

Pushkar, can you chime in here?

I paid for Hydra Black in full expecting a 11/30 delivery. I ordered a few days after you. They missed delivery for Christmas and this year. Ordered a Luna X1 before and cancelled and received a 100% refund in 3 days. Some are reporting refunds from WW taking a year here.

I had to order a Luna X2 on Black Friday to get a bike for Christmas. It arrived 10 days later with no tax and $150 shipping.

Wow, I haven't received that email and in fact, they failed to notify me that I needed to complete the second phase of the configuration order until I reached out back in November.

Tempted to cancel at this point but there's a hefty cancelation fee (for whatever reason).

Pushkar, can you chime in here?
You paid Watt Wagons for a bike to be shipped to a timeline - they haven't held up their end of the deal. They'd be out of line to penalise you for walking away.

It is a shame to see such a promising company head down this path.

I would tell my credit card company to charge it back and be done. You paid for a bike that never got delivered. No reason why they wouldn’t do that for you and ww really has no recourse.

I can`t speak for the logistical issues at WW, but as a container crane operator, I can say that the backlogs are still massive. 70% of cargo on each ship is rail cargo. Which means we place them on rail cars, and they head East. Calgary, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, Montreal etc. From those hubs, the cargo goes to wherever. Right now, we have rail car issues. It has been so cold, that railcars are frozen, or cannot charge with air to release the brakes. Therefor we are not seeing rail cars on the West Coast. Our yards are full of cargo, and are having issues taking cans off the ships, as we have no where to put them.

Couple that with Chinese Manufacturing Hub / Cities heading into Lockdowns, ........... again, we are going to see a lot of posts about our bike timelines in the very near future.

• Wow
Reactions: JRA
As I recall the Hydra Black does, and was always to, come from China. Different product path than either the Archon X1 controller or the Ultra motor with the Archon X1 added to it.

@Merle Nelson I was told Hydra Black ships with the motor installed and WW installs the controller in house. This is what I was told the first time I saw a Hydra Black with X1 ordered after mine ship out months ago. So there were controllers when I placed my order but no motors. Then by the time motors came in controllers were out of stock and for whatever reason one was not set aside for my order when it was placed.

Regardless of that, motors and controllers are in so I would assume orders would be fulfilled in the order they were received if all parts are in stock. Time to send a check in email to see the status of my order, and once again ask for a refund on the $65 I spent on 2-day shipping since there's no real point in that... hopefully they won't ignore that request this time.

@Merle Nelson I was told Hydra Black ships with the motor installed and WW installs the controller in house. This is what I was told the first time I saw a Hydra Black with X1 ordered after mine ship out months ago. So there were controllers when I placed my order but no motors. Then by the time motors came in controllers were out of stock and for whatever reason one was not set aside for my order when it was placed.

Regardless of that, motors and controllers are in so I would assume orders would be fulfilled in the order they were received if all parts are in stock. Time to send a check in email to see the status of my order, and once again ask for a refund on the $65 I spent on 2-day shipping since there's no real point in that... hopefully they won't ignore that request this time.
This is correct based on updates I received. The bikes came in from China a few weeks ago but we were waiting on the controllers from Innotrace to be delivered. I had an email to update that the controllers had arrived and were being installed. Got my final invoice last week and shipped a few days ago.

My mistake. Didn't connect up that you had a bike in the mix too.

No worries. I too got the email with the controller update stating all outstanding orders will be shipped out by end of month so I'm not too concerned until that date passes - though I've held my breath through a great many dates, including ones I was told that led me to believe motors and controllers were in stock at the time. I would just hate for them to fulfill all outstanding bike orders, then when I go to contact them regarding my order get the 'oopsie all out of motors/controllers again'

Just got a phone call that bike is finally being built. Very much delayed from what was promised. I paid for MT5e brakes but they say they only have MT5 non ebike version in stock. So frustrating. I don’t think any parts are stocked or ordered ahead of time.

Factories are shutting down in China, again. Things there are the worst they have been in 2 years. I waited over a year for my stove, I`m still waiting patiently for my bike as well. I chose to upgrade it and now I`ll be lucky to have it in the next 3 months. (Mine is one of the Ready-Ship bikes currently available ) It is what it is. We have container ships lined up, waiting for us to off load them. However, the rail cars are stuck back east. We cannot take cargo off the ships, because the yard is full! This is the new normal.

Last edited:
Back