Hydra Black - Has anyone received theirs yet?

Is waiting until the parts arrive not an option? Again, it is the new normal and everyone needs to understand this. Move forward in life we need to be aware and open to the fact the Supply Chain is in fact broken. It will take years to fix.

Is waiting until the parts arrive not an option? Again, it is the new normal and everyone needs to understand this. Move forward in life we need to be aware and open to the fact the Supply Chain is in fact broken. It will take years to fix.
The fact that WW owes the founders and others tens of thousands of dollars, I personally would take whatever I can get. WW is now ignoring all attempts to get an update on expected refund timeframe. The old one came and went back in Feb. To me the writing is on the wall. Good, stable companies do not act like this.

"Founders" situation seems to be completely separate from the rest of the bikes. I have not read anything drastic about Hyrdas compared to the Founders posts. I`m not saying that the Founders problem isn`t important, I just do not think it speaks to everything on a whole. I get that issue with a minority exists, but the post here is talking about not getting the parts for the brakes.

@Csubi I don't think the founders edition is different from others' cases where people are left waiting and/high & dry and in the dark. I ordered just an X1 motor back in July and I see bikes ordered in late August are getting built. Getting in touch with the company for me has been pulling teeth and to be quite honest nothing I've been told has been accurate. It seems their way of doing business all around is very poor.

Got an email 2 days after ordering saying expect to ship in 2 weeks

3.5 weeks later email them a couple of times and then they say they are out of motors and should be 2-3 weeks.

3.5-4 weeks later I see someone who placed an order early August got their bike shipped, several attempts to contact WW and I ask what's up, they tell me Hydra Black frames ship with the motor so all they have to do is add the controller. Still waiting on motors, they give me a new timeframe

That date passes, I contact them. I am told my order will ship that Friday, Friday comes and goes with no word.

I contact them again and they say new date. I order a motor from GBK with some other spares & 500C display for less than half of my X1 order, it arrives within 4 weeks of me ordering.

I contact WW again after the new date, they got the motors in but they're out of controllers. They are expecting them in January. I am dumbfounded.

They had controllers when I placed my order but no motors. No controller was set aside for my order when I placed it, and controllers were all used up for subsequent orders placed after my order, because it was waiting on a totally different part. After the second or third delay I repeated asked them if I can just send a motor in and they repeatedly ignored to even acknowledge the question. I also repeatedly asked to be refunded for the extra I paid for 2-day shipping since the whole point of that was to get my order in time for my birthday and to enjoy another 6 weeks of summer. Completely ignored on that one too.

Now I see bikes getting build that were ordered 5 weeks after I placed my order for just an X1 motor and the programming cables/warranty. No waiting on bike parts. Just a motor with their fancy controller that was the whole selling point for me. I was continually led to believe I'd get my order soon, and have yet to see anything for it. I spent under $850 shipped for my motor from GBK. My order from WW was almost $1900. I'm still asking myself is this thing even worth the $1000 premium?

I sent them an email checking for an update on my order yesterday, still no contact. Just a simple check in on my order. Just an order that requires 1 motor and 1 controller to fulfill. I see 3 ship-ready bikes with X1 motors in them on the store page. I see a bunch of 5 star reviews on goole by people who are obviously not customers.

What's going on at WW? I see talk of BBB on another thread but honestly this is something you take to the FTC's CPB. They are the only ones who have the power to actually hold them accountable for what is obviously shady business practices.

My Hydra Black showed up last week, but I just got back home and set it up today. So far everything seems to be packaged well and the first test ride went fine. I'll obviously need a bit more time riding to say how it is, but it's impressive so far.
I5BWeNM.jpg

Last edited:
My Hydra Black showed up last week, but I just got back home and set it up today. So far everything seems to be packaged well and the first test ride went fine. I'll obviously need a bit more time riding to say how it is, but it's impressive so far.
I5BWeNM.jpg
Your Hydra Black came with better suspension than my Hydra lol. Mine got the "throw whatever we can find on there" treatment.

Yeah I ended up with a different display than my buddy who ordered a few weeks after me. I think they just used whatever was available at the time.

My Hydra Black with some customization has arrived. Will unbox in an hour. Box arrived intact. Dark blue Cerakote color-looks black. X1 controller, Magura MT7e brakes and MDRP rotors, Mezzer pro front shock and Mara rear shock. Photo from WW before shipping. I have a Brand-x Ascend XL dropper post to add as none comes std. and a nite rider oled 1200 /solas 250 light combo. Will add a cheap wittkop seat and rockbros pedals too.

Attachments

• 341EDA3F-B3D6-44A0-820B-E09E79748D5F.jpeg
    341EDA3F-B3D6-44A0-820B-E09E79748D5F.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 191
Very nice looking bike. You have a lot of great components too.
That color looks great, definitely looks black in the pictures but I love it. Mine was pretty easy to put together, but I forgot to tighten down the seat to the post and it came loose a few days later. Guessing you won't have that issue after installing the dropper.

Took mine for the first actual trail ride today and it was a beast. So much power I rarely went above eco 2. I actually don't think I'll need a dropper post yet because the uphill climbs are so easy I can keep the seat in a more comfortable position. I'll probably add one later anyways, looking forward to hearing how the Ascend XL works for you.

Last edited:
Just got a phone call that bike is finally being built. Very much delayed from what was promised. I paid for MT5e brakes but they say they only have MT5 non ebike version in stock. So frustrating. I don’t think any parts are stocked or ordered ahead of time.
The other day, I tried tapping the brakes to cut off the motor and It didn't work. Then I noticed that I didn't get the MT5e either. . so many things off with my order.
My bike is basically a Hydra/ Black frankenstein. Haha... I'm just gonna have to laugh at the world we're in for now.

Hahaha... Yes. My other ebike has brakes with cut off wires. The magura 5 on this sadly does not.
I was just telling my buddy who got a new ebike about shifting and killing motor power, when I noticed that I didnt have it on my Hydra. Haha.

Mt5 e should have wires.
Show us pictures of your Hydra otherwise it didn't hap

I ordered my Hydra with more upgrades than I had planned on. I only have a half dozen rides on it and compare against a stock Luna X2. I like the Magura MT7e brakes except for the added cable clutter. I also get a strange air pop noise from the front brake as the rotor disk gaps pass through the calipers. The e power shutoff is a nice safety factor. I have not received the programming cable or access code yet from WW. Hope that ships soon - its been 3 months. The x1/bafang m620 motor is much more powerful than the smaller m600 bafang motor on the stock Luna X2. The Hydra’s Mezzer pro shocks are nicer than the rock shocks. I don’t have to gear down as much on the Hydra but it is much thirstier on the power. Probably 1/2 the range with equal pedaling effort on same trips. Very happy with the Ascend XL dropper post I added. So smooth and easy to drop. The std Luna dropper takes so much effort to push and will be swapped with another Ascend XL. Battery percentage does not correlate to 48v nominal chart WW sent me on the Hydra. When the display says 20% the voltage is higher than the chart.

Flume trail at Tahoe is a breeze with the Hydra riding up from Tunnel Creek and back.
DF1C67FA-70A1-499F-8483-1BC8D4A5AF82.jpeg

I ordered my Hydra with more upgrades than I had planned on. I only have a half dozen rides on it and compare against a stock Luna X2.
Interesting, does X2 have the VESC controller?
Very happy with the Ascend XL dropper post I added.
I dislike dropper that came with my Hydra, a 130mm-ish Cain Creek. 130mm isn't enough, think I have base up ~60mm.. probably want a 200m or something. Also its not huge deal but yeah it too is really hard to push down. When riding its not big deal to put weight on it, but when not riding its sometimes an inconvenience.
Battery percentage does not correlate to 48v nominal chart WW sent me on the Hydra.
Voltage->capacity is a hand wavy conversion. Especially when battery is under varying amount of load. You can change display to show voltage instead of a percentage. Its really just preference.. I feel like if display says 76% or something there is this implied accuracy and its likely wrong. Where as like seeing 47.5v.. if motor is off I'd esimate battery is like 45% and if motor has some smaller load its maybe more like 50% (I have a 48v pack)... its just more clear doing it this way its a rough guess, haha.

The other day, I tried tapping the brakes to cut off the motor and It didn't work. Then I noticed that I didn't get the MT5e either. . so many things off with my order.
My bike is basically a Hydra/ Black frankenstein. Haha... I'm just gonna have to laugh at the world we're in for now.
I ended up ordering the MT5e levers from a company in Germany for about $120 for both and installed them on an afternoon. The wires were tucked up into the frame above the upper battery cradle. The worst part was fishing the wires out through the cable management holes. I'd say it was worth it because it's nice to have the control on trails, but definitely not necessary.

Funny/odd thing. I like the motor cut off on my Hydra and a Sondors once I realized I couldn't drag my hand against the brake lever on bumpy trails without having blips of power loss. And I use the cutoff purposely to accomplish things.

But on a Scott MTN bike with no cut off I really enjoy its qualities and characteristics too. I can keep power on and just drag the brakes for a moment to accomplish something and go right back to full power.

Back