How many miles do you have on your ebike?

City Commuter

My 2014 Pedego City Commuter has almost 5000 miles on it. The only problem I've had is the lcd odometer, it stopped counting at 4100 miles, and switched itself into the metric mode of counting and I can't get it changed back. The battery is starting to lose capacity now, but it works fine and I'll use it for shorter rides. I just ordered a new 48 volt 15 ah to replace my 48 volt 10 ah. I hope to get another great summers worth of riding in, and now I can go for longer trips.

I'm curious to see how many miles people are putting on their ebikes?

BTW, I had to replace the LED on my Pedego under warranty because the USB port wasn't working, so I lost those miles on my odometer... my new LED just says 275 miles!!! Oh well. The nice part is that my old one was pretty scratched up (from me turning the bike upside down before I realized the display was at risk), and the new one looks great.

City Commuter, battery life is not about miles. It depends on how much power assist (or throttle) you are using. Also, on ambient temperature. Also, on maximum and minimum charge level (30-80% is optimal, as discussed here many times).
After 5 years they get weaker no matter what, so yours is in the ballpark.

2400 miles in a little over 15 months. Would have been a lot more but Hurricane Florence made some major changes in our life -- we weren't even living at home for 5 months while repairs were being made -- riding a lot more now that we are back home (work still continues but it's good to be home anyway.)

The only problem I've had is the lcd odometer, it stopped counting at 4100 miles, and switched itself into the metric mode of counting and I can't get it changed back.
Do you have a Pedego dealer near you? They might even give you a new display for free. I know it's not under warranty, but sometimes they replace things for free, anyway.

I put a little over 4k on my old E-Zip in Mexico but it has been rusting on the back of my Winnebago for the past 5 years. Now I find myself getting back into the game after a debilitating spinal cord injury that is finally under control. I am riding a Bennelli Classica demo atm but hoping to try out a Rad fat bike soon.

Do you have a Pedego dealer near you? They might even give you a new display for free. I know it's not under warranty, but sometimes they replace things for free, anyway.
Yes I do, they just moved into town a few years ago, and I just found out. My first trip of the year will there once the weather warms a bit more.

I think I'm just over 100miles on my Haibike trekking. I bought it mid October of last year and weather turned bitter cold Nov. 1st and stayed that way.. We still have over a foot of snow on the ground here and the roads are all sand, salt ice and/or wet. Next weeks forecast is temps in the upper 30's with some snow so it's just killing me that I'm not able to ride.. I know, I know... if I were hard core I wouldn't let a little ice, snow or sand and salt bother me but there's still ice on my driveway and I'm not wanting to risk a crash. Two days forecast in the 50's tomorrow and Sunday but rain both days. :(

Bulls Evo 3 27.5+ - about 2800 miles now (since Sept 18), best stealthy eMTB
DIY tsdz2 bike - converted Nov 18, about 400 miles before the drive had so much BB play, I threw the tsdz2 in the trash, converted the bike back to acoustic.
Juiced CCX - 492 miles (bought christmas day 2018), best for speed/distance/range with some offroad
iZip Moda E3 - 453 miles (bought Mar 2019), best stealthy urban assault/fitness vehicle with some offroad

Been lucky enough to ride pretty much everyday when temps are above freezing.

Last edited:
Back