How many ebikes do you have?

Had two Giants for a bit. The Fathom E I sold to a work buddy and he loves it.
That leaves me with the Stance E and for now it's all I need.

Now... when it comes to guitars I def have a problem. 10 so far and 9 of them are PRS.
Just got a 2000 PRS Singlecut with Rebel Yell pups. Dayum, it screams!

Hey Dave. This is what happens when your love of guitars and bikes coincide. Nice axe BTW! 👍

230126.535226.jpg

As for my rides, three including this recent addition to the fold just freshly wrapped.

IMG_20220507_1741329.jpg

IMG_20220507_1741597.jpgIMG_20220507_1742543.jpg

I used to own four e-bikes:
  • A touring, hub-drive motor Czech Lovelec Diadem e-bike. Now, it is on a long term loan to a close friend.
  • Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro, a full-suspension trail e-MTB. Given to my beloved brother forever.
  • Vado SL 4.0 EQ, my everyday e-bike
  • A 45 km/h Vado 5.0, or a Euro S-Pedelec. My heavy duty/long distance touring machine.
So I went from 4 down to 2 because it is what I can store and maintain.

When you've got it this bad you start dealing to support your habit.🤣🤣🤣 How does she like her Giant?
She really loves the bike but has only been able to ride it about 3 times. We haven’t had it long and it’s more difficult for her to get time to go to the reserve where I ride (MTB). I took a buddy with me and let him ride it and he went down on a tricky single-track trail. Unfortunately, the way he landed broke the display mount, and I’ve been waiting a few weeks for a replacement. I have it zip-tied to the bar and she’s not real happy about it 😬

Three for me ... as listed in my signature. The Blix was my wife's first ebike, but she had to switch to the Evelo Compass trike after a few falls and because of her health. We decided to keep her old Blix Aveny for guests. It is still in great shape, works as well is it did when new even though it still has the original battery. It just got used again today by our daughter. It is nice having a working spare ebike for guests and family who only ride occasionally. I have also used the Blix a time or two when my Gazelle was in the shop.

I thought it was seven, but I guess its 8 now that I have checked the list.

In my defense, I split my time between two residences so its hard to get a count and it gives me more storage. My project for probably next year is to build a shed in the back yard (I live at the back of a cul de sac so I have a big lot) for secure storage so I can move around in my garage.

I really do need to sell a couple. Nowadays in Fresno I ride my Bullitt almost exclusively, and in Monterey its the Mongoose. By beloved 2wd fat bikes should probably find new homes. And maybe the Surly as well.

How do you like this Sonics? I think they're really cool, so long as you don't have to transport them!
I like them a LOT. Great bikes so far. I've owned the red Sonic for a bit over a year and the blue one for about 8 months. No issues. I'm a big guy and have no problems getting up to the max speed. They are big bikes though (they sell them with 24" wheels as well). I don't have any problems transporting them on the Hollywood rack. Always get comments when out riding. Cool bikes.

I like them a LOT. Great bikes so far. I've owned the red Sonic for a bit over a year and the blue one for about 8 months. No issues. I'm a big guy and have no problems getting up to the max speed. They are big bikes though (they sell them with 24" wheels as well). I don't have any problems transporting them on the Hollywood rack. Always get comments when out riding. Cool bikes.
Very nice. I would love to have one in the right environment. When I lived on the barrier islands in St. Pete it would have been great.

How did you get that battery in there? I know that some guys are able to get large things into tight spaces but you have a special gift.
It was blind luck finding the frame, some blood sacrifice... and determination. Physically there's barely enough space to do it, but as soon as the uber magnets get close to the steel base on the battery... BAM it locks down and does not want to move so you can seat it. Once I got the little bastard in there, I decided I had best leave it there forever. Look closely you can see a hose clamp. There's another under the two 3" cinch straps that also stabilize this thing just in case. When I swap out the wiring-harness tube for a smaller/better one I am adding at least one more. If some genius gets the idea of stealing the pack, first they have to snip the hose clamp, then the straps. Oh crap two more hose clamps and then... they have to figure out that magnets are holding it viselike to the frame, and how to worm it out. If they can do it they deserve the battery as a reward.

Especially if they make the mistake of letting a finger get between the steel battery base and the magnet. Thats the blood sacrifice part. Don't ask me how I know this.
PXL_20220418_221130382.jpg

In the end, the 'triangle' shaped like that is nothing short of an ebike miracle. Its a perfect place to store and protect a battery. And now that the thing is there... I can leave it there and not really worry about it.

I'm not sure which one to get.

Attachments

• JokeBike2.jpg
    JokeBike2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 102
  • JokeBike1.jpg
    JokeBike1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 107
Back