How do you carry water when you ride your Haibike?

stevenast

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but we have our unique Haibike frame shape and battery location. Currently I am using this clamp-on holder. What are some other solutions that you use or have considered?

IMG_20150504_165312~2.jpg

Backpack with: 2nd battery, lock, aspirin & ibuprofen, tums, money, clothes, camera, G9 etc. Or just put a small water in the doggie backpack. Looks like you found a good one. -S

The clamp-on proved to be weak off-road. I may try it with a strip of rubber underneath. It almost dropped my water bottle onto my feet while I was pedaling ... crookedly slid all the way down the post.

Right now using small backpack, as Shea suggested.

A couple of weeks ago we had a mechanic station setup at the 5 Boro Bike tour and someone came up to us with a broken spoke. Turns out his water bottle popped out of the cage and flew into the wheel. I got to thinking this could have been a very dangerous encounter. Just figured I would mention with this discussion.

I have a frame bag that can carry a water bottle but don't use it off road. For off road I use a very light weight washable backpack.

Nice bike! Nice riding location! Where is that?
Thanks very much! The photo was taken last weekend at the Bucegi mountains here in Romania (about 2 hours drive from Bucharest). Quite simply, the e-bike has made lots of this terrain really do-able by bike and so far the seat post mount and the water bottle cage have proved really robust (both are by SKS). :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 632
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 629
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 635
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 646
@stevenast have you tired a different way with your water yet? If so how did it work out?! I use a hydration pack by osprey-- its nice and a little roomy for my effects! @synapse Thank you for sharing more photos! It does look hilly :) The lake view is stunning and looks refreshing after a ride!

Hi @Tara D. I'm using a small backpack, for water bottle, keys, any needed clothing. I don't mind stopping to get a drink...
The people on this forum helped me realize it was the best solution. :)

I installed a Thule Pack and Pedal rack on the back of my Sduro Fullnine RC and fabricated water bottle bosses using truss clamps.

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_194011_112-2-800x608.jpg
    IMG_20170331_194011_112-2-800x608.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 2,784
When it's hot out, there's next to no way to drink enough from a water bottle if its not easily accessible.
A drinking tube to a bladder has me drinking more than twice as much water versus bottle. You just start to suck on it much more regularly when it's right there hanging over your shoulder.
And you stay much fresher longer.

When it's hot out, there's next to no way to drink enough from a water bottle if its not easily accessible.
A drinking tube to a bladder has me drinking more than twice as much water versus bottle. You just start to suck on it much more regularly when it's right there hanging over your shoulder.
And you stay much fresher longer.

I'm realizing that this will most likely be the case for me too, so I'm going to order a bladder for my Evoc backpack. Not sure why I didn't order one at the time I bought it. I used to have a Camelback eons ago and other than the pain of cleaning the darned thing, I loved it. I had hydration issues so I filled it with water and put a bottle of very chilled concentrated Cytomax on the frame. And put some crushed Cytomax ice in the bladder.

Hydration while biking is a big issue. I can not carry a hydration backpack due to low back problems. I have been using a fanny pack which places the weight more on my hips. I've just installed a seat post mounted rack so that will become my next location to carry items. The bike really has no good spots to mount a bracket.

Back