High end ebikes vs High end e scooters

750watts limits, 28mph limit ?? If a rider is 300lb with a 100lb rack full of groceries , will that 750watts ebike go up a 7% hill ??
So what kind of backpack do you wear when carrying 100lbs of groceries up a 7% grade on an e-scooter?

Why do you need to go to the gym at all, if you do this? :)

I have to disagree on all points. Try a ride on a well built e scooter . A dualtron X, a Weped, a Zero 10X . Those weight 70lb and up , 135lb for the X, suspension, brakes top notch, very stable, like a Cadillac.

An ebike is for diff. needs, but we do have to pedal them. If you have the skills, and the tight scooter, they both can be riden safely and far.

If i'm tired after a gym workout or if i don't feel like pedaling i can take the escooter for a 5-15mile or longer ride to relax and admire the scenary. No need to pedal , i can just relax with other friends scotering to a new destination or just cruising.

But a good product makes a huge difference. The cheaper ones are flimsy and shaky, narrow tires and very dangerous !! Cheap brakes, batteries , crap really.

Top ones have 21700cells, 180mm disc brakes, 11inch tires, lights, suspension front and back, powerful motors.
its not a matter of how big the brake disc are its that your standing up with your weight is high on those small wheels. myself standing on a scooter for more then a few miles sucks. when you have to spend as much on a e scooter and a good bike its too much for me and the weight gets too much. But I have thought of buying this guy this would be way cool hollyburn-p5-2020
P5_2.JPG

I have both and I like both. But the eScooter only gets ridden once for every ten eBike rides. The bike is more fun, can carry a load and is much more comfortable for long rides. The scooter is more maneuverable in a crowded urban area, takes less effort to get on and ride and I can fold it to stow in my hatch.

C00E6DE5-F2FF-419D-A7F9-A5CEE1B33BF3.jpeg

Last edited:
So what kind of backpack do you wear when carrying 100lbs of groceries up a 7% grade on an e-scooter?

Why do you need to go to the gym at all, if you do this? :)

Read the posts earlier .
I made the reference about those variables to illustrate that an ebike the way most are made are not powerful enough for many people.
I did not say that i use an escooter for groceries.

i've seen examples of eScooter users that have mounted a trailer to their rides. if the scooter has enough power, it can totally be used for a Costco run.

beginning, you can get an e-bike with a throttle for well under $6K, and unlock the speed.

That's the problem. They come with a super tiny 500-600wh battery and a minuscule powered motor of 500-750 watts. Ok Maybe with Bafang ultra and 2 battery packs , but that is still way short b:c it is only a 48v system.

Lmk of an ebike with throttle with a 72v system or 52v with powerfull 2kw or higher motor, at least 1.8kw battery. Those that have those specs look like a motorcycle and are banned everywhere except private roads. And they weigh 90lbs+.

A well built commuter escooter with a 60v/25ah , 3kw peak motor , is lighter (40-60lb) and easier to get around with. And it won't look as a moto.

e scooters are of different types:
- last mile( light, 1-10miles, good power)
- commuters (for long rides , 30-60lb or higher and a lot more powerful )

have thought of buying this guy this would be way cool hollyburn-p5-2020

Yea , i like that one !! Planning to get something like that.
I was researching Dualtrons.

minimotorsusa.com

The ones with small wheels are called last mile scooters. Usually 15-16mph top speeds, small batter and motor.
The trick with standing is to place one foot in the front and other in the back , itvgives great control .
The commuters are very stable, 11inch tall and wide 5-6inch wheels.

I have both and I like both. But the eScooter only gets ridden once for every ten eBike rides. The bike is more fun, can carry a load and is much more comfortable for long rides. The scooter is more maneuverable in a crowded urban area, takes less effort to get on and ride and I can fold it to stow in my hatch.View attachment 64906

Which one is that ? I carry one like that folded in the Ortlieb pannier on my ebike. Makes up for great range !

Which one is that ? I carry one like that folded in the Ortlieb pannier on my ebike. Makes up for great range !

That's a Ninebot Max. Not very fast but gives me decent range. No suspension but it has 10" pneumatic tubeless tires. I got it to replace the cheap but reliable Xiaomi M365 because I thought I'd like to do my entire 28-30 mile commute on it. I was wrong. :p I really don't like riding it for more than 10 miles at a time. So now I'm casually looking for a smaller and lighter machine again.

Lmk of an ebike with throttle with a 72v system or 52v with powerfull 2kw or higher motor, at least 1.8kw battery. Those that have those specs look like a motorcycle and are banned everywhere except private roads. And they weigh 90lbs+.
You're answering your own questions... There's not a lot of retail demand for such beasts, because the e-bike market is much more regulated than the e-scooter market.

e scooters are of different types:

Just like there are e-bikes of different types, from cheap little fat folders like the Lectric XP all the way up to a Watt Wagon or Biktrix Juggernaut. Once you hit the specs you want, it's a specialty item, and the answer is in your question "banned everywhere"... Things like the Sur-Ron (e-dirtbike), or the Emmo Zone GTS (low end e-motorcycle). Both will go faster than regulations allow, but shops won't officially condone it because of said regulations. The ol' nudge nudge wink wink thing.

Just curious... are you an e-scooter salesperson, because it certainly sounds like it. ;)

you an e-scooter salesperson, because it certainly sounds like it.

No, just a scooter enthusiast since i recently discovered them and caught the bug. And i'm vey passionate about this e things .

The better models are really good and actually much more useful then an ebike for distances of up to 30miles and when there is no need to carry stuff. And they have a powerful, big battery.l anf motor.

I was recently on a ferry trip with one of my escooters and there were 100+bikes waiting . 2 separate lines; people w/o bikes and people with bikes...they were only taking about 9bikes per boat , only that many bike racks outside. No bicycles inside due to regulations.

Everyone else had to wait an additional 20min. for next one or take the trains !! It was 8pm and the escooter and me got on the boat. I didn't payed uber, didn't use any subway and did my adventure ride as well. The scooter got folded and took a seat inside the ferry boat.

It seems Juiced ebikes are aware of the need of bigger battery on an ebike as they are releasing a HYPER SCRAMBLER with 2KW battery and powerful motor as well. That should be the new normal for ALL ebikes.

- Dual 52v/19.2ah
-2kw peak motor

Should be 5kw peak but good enough. And a 3kw battery with the 21700cells is even better .

are you an e-scooter salesperson, because it certainly sounds like it

How do you cheat someone when the consumer is happy with the product and all the companies sell out? I have zero interest in standing up for 10 miles and not getting any exercise. Even if they were free.
Not correct I get quite a workout on my Dualtron Thunder, you dont just stand there like a zombie on one of these, if you do well off to the hospital for you.
For someone with my health issues i didnt think an electric scooter would work out but it has, great replacement since i dont ride motorcycles anymore.
I have a wimpy single wheel drive one for short trips, the DT can go quite far if i decide to use cruise control.
Performance e scoots need a LONG deck, wide too but length is more important.
I weigh 100kg and had mine to just under 50mph on a straight smooth road.

Weped SS holy carp batman 10K watts of power, i hope you have lots of experience.
No ETA on the DT Storm yet, if you're buying now and can afford it/ride it go the Weped SS.
I'm not really sold on DT rubber dampening system, i weigh 100kg and the stock setup for me is still too hard.

In more civilized countries they already have e scooter/bicycle/ ebike highways.
Name one such country.

Belgium and Austria limit e-scooter speed to 25 km/h. Germany, Norway and Sweden limit their speed to 20 km/h. In the Netherlands, e-scooter is a moped (with all consequences of that), and it is not allowed on bike paths or MUPs. The rest of European countries work on the legislation.

Nobody will let the high-speed monsters as described by OP on bike paths in Europe. There have been too many lethal accidents involving e-scooters here.

Name one such country.

Belgium and Austria limit e-scooter speed to 25 km/h. Germany, Norway and Sweden limit their speed to 20 km/h. In the Netherlands, e-scooter is a moped (with all consequences of that), and it is not allowed on bike paths or MUPs. The rest of European countries work on the legislation.

Nobody will let the high-speed monsters as described by OP on bike paths in Europe. There have been too many lethal accidents involving e-scooters here.
Exactly the irresponsible and stupid minority spoil it for the majority.

No, just a scooter enthusiast since i recently discovered them and caught the bug. And i'm vey passionate about this e things .

The better models are really good and actually much more useful then an ebike for distances of up to 30miles and when there is no need to carry stuff. And they have a powerful, big battery.l anf motor.

I was recently on a ferry trip with one of my escooters and there were 100+bikes waiting . 2 separate lines; people w/o bikes and people with bikes...they were only taking about 9bikes per boat , only that many bike racks outside. No bicycles inside due to regulations.

Everyone else had to wait an additional 20min. for next one or take the trains !! It was 8pm and the escooter and me got on the boat. I didn't payed uber, didn't use any subway and did my adventure ride as well. The scooter got folded and took a seat inside the ferry boat.

It seems Juiced ebikes are aware of the need of bigger battery on an ebike as they are releasing a HYPER SCRAMBLER with 2KW battery and powerful motor as well. That should be the new normal for ALL ebikes.

- Dual 52v/19.2ah
-2kw peak motor

Should be 5kw peak but good enough. And a 3kw battery with the 21700cells is even better .

In the US a bicycle is defined as having less than 1hp (746W) of motor assist with a top asst speed of 28mph. Anything more needs to be licensed or limited to private property use.

I have seen over powered bikes ridden in city bike lanes and even on dedicated bike trails. Enforcement is lax, but as complaints mounts regulations will get tightened impacting us all.

If you need this kind of power (2KW, etc) for riding on streets go with products that can be licensed and have the appropriate safety equipment.

a bike is far easier to ride safly and you can actually go farther because your not standing up.
All I wanted was an all purpose bicycle with benefits. I a bit old & beat up for a regular bike, but they´re still great
for young developing bodies. If I wanted a scooter, that Beamer would fit the bill.

If you need this kind of power (2KW, etc) for riding on streets go with products that can be licensed and have the appropriate safety equipment.

Yes, now you see why an escooter is the perfect choice ? Hurry up and get one, b/c they are sold like crazy. Just don't get the cheapest , you have the whole thread here to digest on which one to get.

Back