High end ebikes vs High end e scooters

Name one such country
Not in Eu, in Asia there are some. Philippines also has great roads for escooters/mopeds.
I don't get it why they don't limit a car hp to 50 or 75HP, this bike speed and motor power discrimination is not for the bikers safety.

For sale ; Porsche 911Gts 77HP, 95kmh top speed , 0-100kmh in 17.4seconds. 600Euros😉

Are you safer riding @18mph along cars that go 30mph with some drivers that confuse the brake pedal with the accelerator pedal ? No, that's why we have to take our bikes far out into the woods.

I think stats like these from the CDC will lead to regulation of escooters sooner, rarther than later. Buyers be advised.

I think stats like these from the CDC will lead to regulation of escooters sooner, rarther than later. Buyers be advised.

That's a good study. The problem is with thise companies using really cheap escooters as a business model. They should be sued.

A escooter should have mandatory 11inch tires and 4 to 6inch wide tires. Wide and a long deck, suspensions and very good brakes, handlebars with no rattles or movements.

That's why they were getting all this falls ! Small profile tires is the biggest issue.

Also great skills on behalf if the rider and many lights on the escooter. The helmet is uselss if the rider doesn't have the skills . The rider might as well wear a Ironman suit but even that won't be enough w:eek: great skills.
Anything less is asking for an ER visit.

What you don't get with a scooter is exercise. You don't get bilateral movement. Bilateral movement has been found to increase crossover pathways between the two sides of the brain. Any kind of movement where you are moving one side of your body and then the other. That means better cognitive function.

Additionally, having ridden a vespa-type scooter and motorcycles, I know that the smaller the wheel, the less stable it is. The steadying gyroscope effect is greater with larger wheels. Thus my 28" wheels on my ebike are more stable than the 14" wheels of the gas scooter I used to have. Just sayin'.

We don't need fewer opportunities for exercise and movement, we need MORE.

The way i ride the Unagi 1 is very agressive attentive style: left foot in front and slightly bent, right all yhe way in the back also slightly bent or straight depending on the potholes or acceleration.

With the faster ones ( they start from having 2 of 500watts motors to 2 of 10kw it even 25kw. That's for only a very, very elite riders.
But for the elites there is the rionmotors escooters.

On the fast ones there is some exercise if the rider kniws how to go along with the machine, can also ride as in a sit up position and get up...lots of tricks...

The problem is that at least where i am, Nj/Ny area lots of people are buying the cheap ones (2-300$ ones) and worse , they don't know how to safely ride them ! On a cheap bike is a lot easier to get away w/o having good skills.

They stay on it , on the scooter? with both feet in front planted as a frozen deer . And fown thry go at the very first 10inch NY pothole. We also have 15inch or bigger potholes. The road infrastracture in Us is absolutly terrible. Only a Cybertruk can survive it.

So, sadly the future for escooters may be heavily regulated.

before I got into e-bikes, I primarily rode a scooter for short trips. 2x750w motors, max speed 24mph, a very fast and fun way to get around the city and run limited errands. obviously you can hardly carry anything (backpack, maybe a bag or two on the handlebar) and no matter how “aggressive“ your riding position, no meaningful exercise whatsoever.

I still enjoy the scooter for certain kinds of trips, and I think they have a place in urban transport... but to say eBikes should be more like them, no, I don’t think so. eBikes have tremendous range and utility that scooters don’t and making them bigger and heavier and more powerful just turns them into motorcycles.

Scootering is becoming immensely popular in N, America, , esp. in US , in the big cities with mostly young people and the millennials. I hope it won't get popluar with people over 50+ as safe escootering esp. on the faster models requires very high alert, focus , very sharp skills.

High end ebike :

Prices : 3000$-10.000$ , usually 3k-7k, the Stromer ST5 @10k is an anomaly that needs a price adjustment.

- 600 to 1000watts battery or 2 of 600watts as in 48v /12.6ah for 605wh

- 500watts to 750watts motor

- speeds up to 30mph, maybe 40moh with Bafang Ultra motor

- weight :55-70lb

High end escooter:

Prices :2500$ - 7000$ , although some good deals starting at 1600$ .

- usually 60volts/21ah , 60v/25ah or at the top end : 72v/35ah ,72v/45ah !!

- 2 motors , 2 x 1000watts, powerful ones even have 2x1600watts, top end 10.000watts, up to 50.000watts !!!!!!!

- speeds usually up to 40mph, the top ones 60-75moh, even 100mph...US is big need to get to places FAaaaaaaST

-weight : 45lb-70lb , rarely 90-145lb for ultra commuters and very fast arrivals to Walmart/Home depot/Gym/Park/Work.

I use the escooters a lot for my short errands and short trips . Ebikes for long trips , adventures.

The escoters have much better specs (power and battery cappacity , speeds ) then ebikes .

I'm talking here about the top escooters not the flimsy , cheap and vastly inferior Segways, Bird , lime scooters..

Top brands: Dualtron Thunder /X\Spider, Inokim OX/OXO, WEPED SS, Currie Panther, Zero 10x/11x, Mantis, Wolf Warror, Emove Cruiser, Unagi 1

Clearly , they (the bike or ebike companies) have been cheating us with putting on ebikes this cheap, slow accelerating motors and minimum battery capacity.
Min. speeds, limited motors for EU(no scootering in Uk unless with license , reg.)

When will we have an ebike with this specs:

- 72volts/30ah battery

- 2x 1500 wats motors ( front and rear hub)

- speeds up to 45mph

Priced around 4-6k depending on the build quality.
-
If you do all that its no longer an EBike , talk about scrutiny the State Troopers and Town Cops would have a blast. The Ambulance Chasers would be putting many companies out of business.
Darwin Rules! Old Posts are like "Vintage Wine" do not worry I already have the cheese to "go with my whine"( Brie! Mold Incarnate- No way!)

Last edited:
Back