Hi from the capitol city - St Paul Minnesota

denibp

Region
USA
Actually I’m in Rosemount, a suburb of St. Paul, but I bike a lot in our state capitol. I’m new to the e-bike world and just bought a Gazelle Ultimate C380 and love it!
It all started a month ago, when I took a “Boat and Bike” trip in the Netherlands during tulip season. I signed up for an e-bike, and for 5 days, biked through the Netherlands, loved it, and was hooked on e-bikes. I love the features of a Dutch-made bike, plus I like their cafe lock (also called a frame lock). Anyway, amazingly, a bike shop in the next suburb imports Gazelle bikes from Amsterdam. I talked, researched, and rode other bikes, but this Gazelle was what I wanted. Internal hub system and belt driven - no chain.
I’m of a certain age (read retired) and e-bikes opened up many trails for me! I’m excited to learn about e-bikes and plan to enjoy riding, for many years to come.
IMG_7136.jpeg

Welcome aboard! Very nice ebike. What a wonderful way to see the Netherlands.

I'm also of a certain age. And if I think on it a few minutes, I might even remember what it is. ;^}

Actually, lots of retired members here. You'll fit right in.

Welcome! Lovely bike. I love the Dutch riding position. Good choice. You may wish to consider grippy platform pedals with good bearings. Those are stock $6 pedals. Pedals normally range from $20 to $250. Like having good shoes on a trip, it is worth it. The molded nylon pedals are only temporary place holders, so that the owner can then select ones best for their personal riding needs.
1684939954477.jpeg

Welcome and SKOL!! Beautiful bike as well. Stick around, I think you’ll like it here!!!

Attachments

• 1E18668D-927E-45DB-B228-F2EA2912DEEC.jpeg
    1E18668D-927E-45DB-B228-F2EA2912DEEC.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 83
My wife and I rode the Cannon Valley Trail and Mill Towns State Trail (Lake Byllesby to Cannon Falls Segment) yesterday. It was 47 miles total.

That’s awesome! I’ve ridden the Cannon Valley trail with my non e-bike, but in two segments (starting at Welch Village). Looking forward to doing the entire trail in one trip on my e-bike. How was the Mill Town state trail? That looks like a nice ride, mostly shady? Have you ridden the Spring Lake Park Reserve to Hastings trail? It’s along the river and there is a chance one might see the Buffalo that were introduced to Spring Lake Park Reserve last fall.

Mill Town State Trail is a work in progress, so it didn't take us long to ride to Lake Byllesby. It was a mix of shady and open areas. Overall the CVT was much shadier than the Mill Town State Trail.

We did Spring Lake Park to Prescott WI two weeks ago and did see the new bison calves. I just found out they call them “red dogs”. The additional section from Hastings to Prescott isn't all that long, but I do like the extra section of trail.

We did Sakatah Singing Hills State Trail today. We started at Faribault and turned around a couple of miles west of Elysian.

We may do the Gateway Trail tomorrow. My mother-in-law lives in Maplewood a block or so from the trail. However, my wife may have had her fill for the holiday weekend, so I will leave it up to her. We also have two ATVs, so in the summer we often alternate ATV rides with e-bike rides. There is also the occasional kayak or canoe trip to break it up, too! I also have a horse and live close enough to Lebanon Hills that I can ride right from my farm. (No trailer necessary.)

Last edited:
Thank you for the trail info. I’m planning to do the Spring Lake Park to Hastings Trail with friends, and will look at continuing to Prescott. Sounds like a great option. Hope you two can do the Gateway Trail - it looks beautiful! I’m inspired to get to these trails you are recommending!

My wife and I did the Root River State Trail today.

We started from Lanesboro and rode to Rushford and back.

It was a great ride and good part of the trail has shade from tree cover to keep it a bit cooler.

My wife and I did the Root River State Trail today.

We started from Lanesboro and rode to Rushford and back.

It was a great ride and good part of the trail has shade from tree cover to keep it a bit cooler.

That’s on my list of trails. I was wondering where to start the ride. Thanks!!

Poetry Parking Lot in Lanesboro MN. Also referred to as Co Hwy 21 Parking Lot. 110 Mill Pond Rd, Lanesboro, MN 55949.

My wife and I rode the Willard Munger Trail from Hinckley to just south of Willow River on Saturday. We had very pleasant weather and almost had the trail to ourselves. We found a great little place for lunch called Crazy Mary's Cafe.

We will likely do a future trip from Willow River to Mahtowa. Also, another trip from Mahtowa to Duluth.

Welcome, nice bike! My wife and I are headed to the Netherlands next summer for the F1 race, maybe some ebike touring will make our agenda, too!

Back