Helios

As a child (the 60s ) our family had a Helios 21 air ship it was a wired remote controlled helium filled balloon with motors to control it (Very futuristic! ) For me this is what I think of when I hear this name :) ....of course my brother and I sucked up much of the helium to make funny voices and iratated our father by wasting it

Last edited:
Ya, but what's up with the price?

$5300 for the base version? Totally not worth it. Every time there's a change to the website, the price just keeps on increasing.... Doesn't build a lot of confidence in the company, especially when they claim to be future proof to avoid buyer's remorse.

Earlier this year it was roughly $5k for a built out version, and then it slowly rised to just over $7k a few months ago. Now it's $9k delivered for the same bike.... Almost double the price, but certainly not double the bike. I was on the fence for a $5k Chinese parts bin special and wanted to see real pictures first. Then when it hits $7k with still no real pictures, I started to lose interest. Now at $9k and still not real, it's totally not worth it.

These huge delays and swings in price seems like there isn't a lot of clear direction for the company. How do we know all the other promises will be kept?

Anyone else disappointed?

Ya, but what's up with the price?

$5300 for the base version? Totally not worth it. Every time there's a change to the website, the price just keeps on increasing.... Doesn't build a lot of confidence in the company, especially when they claim to be future proof to avoid buyer's remorse.

Earlier this year it was roughly $5k for a built out version, and then it slowly rised to just over $7k a few months ago. Now it's $9k delivered for the same bike.... Almost double the price, but certainly not double the bike. I was on the fence for a $5k Chinese parts bin special and wanted to see real pictures first. Then when it hits $7k with still no real pictures, I started to lose interest. Now at $9k and still not real, it's totally not worth it.

These huge delays and swings in price seems like there isn't a lot of clear direction for the company. How do we know all the other promises will be kept?

As a founding member I bought in from the planning stage, way back in March. This bike gives me everything I'd want and I also don't mind paying more for a 'top-end' ebike.
Having said that, I will be somewhat disappointed if the planned delivery date, of sometime around mid December, is pushed back to 2021.

Hey everyone, I want to be re-iterate that everyone buying the Helios (formerly UC Pro superbike) is my #1 priority. Hydra just happened to be sooner since it was a mold that was available. The Helios is definitely up there in terms of performance and capability. It is tough going due to significant issues we faced with the motor availability. To my knowledge all vendors with the Ultra are OOS or have under 2-3 pieces left to sell.

That being said.. i am absolutely committed to delivering the bikes we have promised. I offered a significant price advantage to everyone who committed to the bike at the beginning. We have been trying to provide more value in terms of upgraded components - real value - despite being behind on the production.

I wish it were different. All that being said, without a product to show... all these just appear to be hollow words. I don't like hiding behind keyboards and screens.

The reality is that we are constrained by product availability (we literally have under 10 motor units from Bafang), with very little wiggle room. You all have been kind, and we are getting close to getting Helios out. I am hoping that the motors are in soon, and the frames are on their way. We pretty much have every other component ready to go (as you can see from the pictures I post).

Now that the new site is live ... i will start posting updates on Helios timelines.

The wait has definitely not been easy. The delays are disappointing though not overly surprising. But, I for one shall continue to support you in your efforts to release a truly awesome commuter e-bike.

I'm not disappointed. I invested as a founder and I feel like I got incredible value for what I paid. I fully anticipated delays, and in fact it is still well under the worst case scenario that was presented up front to founders. I want the best possible bike rather than something rushed out so I have actually welcomed the delays.

That said, I understand your disappointment. I would like to see the WW brand grow but these prices are a bit out of touch. I have been a very vocal supporter of the brand and I want to continue to be an ambassador for it, but I am starting to have a hard time doing that given the continued price inflation. I was given the impression the Hydra would be priced very competitively and I do not see that TBH. These are nice bikes but just looking at some of the upgrades I feel like I'm shopping for a bike at Nordstrom. Heck, Luna sells a CF bike with decent minimum spec for $3.6K, why is the Hydra so expensive? OK, I see a coupon now for the Hydra and holiday promo for the Archon but why play these games?

@TomD , @onlineaddy , @mebentz2

You guys are right. let me think through the pricing a little bit. I don't like to play games either. Might as well offer that lower price right now instead of having people hunt for coupons.

Gimme till tomorrow AM and I will put up a better (no couponing) pricing.

Thanks pushkar, new pricing looks great and very competitive. Makes it a lot easier to get the word out and recommend the Hydra over silly heavy bikes like the Frey AM or EX.

I habve also fixed the issue with choosing the components.
1. As @scrambler pointed out, the setting was incorrect and was charging full price. It has been fixed now.

2. We are also putting the archon upgrade to $100 through the end of Jan 2021.

This is what the WW website says, is this correct?

The UC Pro Superbike is now HELIOS

All Carbon. The bike that does it all! Distance, Reliability, Design!

Shipping Christmas 2020!

Last edited:
Back