Helios refund

As promised I’m sharing the good as well as the bad in my Helios saga: $1000 in refund money has finally been posted to my account today. Thank you to Pushkar for getting that done.

$1000 down; $4799 to go…

Last edited:
To those coming to my aid, thank you. No worries, guys, my beef is with Pushkar; I don’t need to engage with others. I can be happy for the Hydra folks, though what Haystacks said about the importance of our liquidity (and early and vocal support) of WW is not to be discounted. Don’t discredit my experience because I don’t discredit yours.
Liquidity, like you and hayfever invested in something tangible - a founders club .
Vocal, Nea, preoccupied keystroking for 781,921 minutes

The way I read the original response was that they had to wait for a replacement order which takes 30-60 days. The OP got a bit impatient and I can understand that. 500+ days is about the length we've had this pandemic which is amazingly patient. I recall speaking to Pushkar a year ago and he said they order all the components and margins are not that impressive in the ebike business as a smaller shop. So I kinda get both sides.

I've been tracking other companies - Luna, Greyp, and others - it's a personal hobby to read about what's new and check out "Best of Eurobike" videos to see stuff like this bad ass yet that top bar looks fragile eBike: https://cybroindustries.it/en/product/n7/

Every vendor has RIDICULOUSLY LONG ship times right now. Every single one. Supply chain on top of high demand. Plus, WW makes the best bang-for-your-buck ebikes so it's worth a wait.

What the hey I might as well comment.
A year and a half really? AND they just sent you a grand?
IMO WW should of couriered over a F...in cashiers check when they became aware of the issue for the full amount AND offered to GIVE him his choice of bike (when available). Smart successful businesses do that all day long.
Im sure fund's are tight but don't get out in front of your skis you know how that usually ends up.
Being reactive and not proactive is not a positive trait for a growing company.
Just like a lot of things in life you really find out the true character of a person (or company) when there is an adverse situation or problem and the process they choose in handling the issue.
Im done.

No, a few of the last remaining founders opted for refunds late September. It has been less than a month. Pushkar laid out a schedule for returning parts to provide refunds for those that wanted refunds. The first refund payment was sent to those requesting refunds in early October, but there was an issue with onlineaddy getting his refund. Pushkar didn't respond (not sure why) so he brought it here. Similarly, OUA didn't get a refund, but that was due to a misunderstanding (Pushkar thought he changed his mind and no longer wanted a refund). People can certainly express frustration that they funded a bike 1.5 years ago, with many broken promises, and culminating in transparency and communication issues, but that's a separate issue (although I can appreciate that onlineaddy felt it was more of the same when his first refund payment was held up and didn't get a timely response).

Dual suspension is great for hucking around and traveling fast, but so far there are not many full suspension bikes out there that are designed to carry another 100 pounds of gear the way a hard tail can. Different needs require different bikes.

Back