Helios

Just checked the website again. A single color is included in the price.
I'm having a hard time deciding between the charcoal and red. I like both, but it's hard to determine what the color really looks like when using the provided photos.

Could you please clarify, Pushkar? Isn't single paint color included (i.e. no upcharge)?
Cerakote single color is included. Paint needs more prep and double coat to make it happen. So it is extra. I don't have a number yet but i don't anticipate it to be super expensive. I will post update on the price as soon as I hear back from the painter.

Apologies if there was any confusion.

I will honor the price if you already bought it (my error) but will post a clarification for that for orders moving forward.

I don’t know what Cerakote is, but this is the first time I’m hearing that a single-color paint is an upcharge.

I don’t know what Cerakote is, but this is the first time I’m hearing that a single-color paint is an upcharge.

OK.. I see where I am saying different things and causing the confusion.

1. Single color is not an upcharge.
2. Currently the single colors supported are from the cerakote catalog.
3. The color on the red fade to black frame is not cerakote. Even a single color (something like the gleaming Red) will need traditional paint (as opposed to cerakote) and needs more effort and time. That will be an upcharge, even though it is a "single color", since the color type is a paint, and not cerakote.
4. So how do we get gleaming red finish on cerakote ? We can cerakote with cherry red, and then do a clear coat - which effectively is a 2 color option on our current menu

Let me know if that helps.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, Pushkar. Any color not in the catalog is an upcharge. Otherwise, single color is included.

Would you let us know what that red to black fade costs?

I had to google cerakote to find out what it is. For those of you who don't know, it's a ceramic and polymer coating used (mostly) on guns.
@pushkar, do you have any idea how well cerakote holds up (fading, scratching, etc) compared to paint? I would suspect it would be more durable, but not as shiny as paint.

I had to google cerakote to find out what it is. For those of you who don't know, it's a ceramic and polymer coating used (mostly) on guns.
@pushkar, do you have any idea how well cerakote holds up (fading, scratching, etc) compared to paint? I would suspect it would be more durable, but not as shiny as paint.
This page has a lot of info on durability tests:

And one specific to bikes:

I ordered some samples from their site and it seems like it would be very resilient after abusing some swatches with various instruments.

But as you suspect, this is more of a matte finish. They have a glossy clear coat, not sure if this can be applied over the top of a colored coat.

Last edited:
I have spent a little time looking at the colors. Does anyone have an idea which family would stand out more on the road at night, fluorescing or metallic? For me the color means less to me then the practicality of standing out at night.

I have spent a little time looking at the colors. Does anyone have an idea which family would stand out more on the road at night, fluorescing or metallic? For me the color means less to me then the practicality of standing out at night.
You might be interested in this jacket:

@coldriderwi, did you find the swatch colors were close to the photo colors?
With a matt finish I'm now leaning towards something like the H-170 color, with the titanium finish.

@coldriderwi, did you find the swatch colors were close to the photo colors?
With a matt finish I'm now leaning towards something like the H-170 color, with the titanium finish.
The swatch picture was not very accurate. But for the samples that I got, the pictures they have on the swatch details with stuff actually painted to color were much more accurate. This will vary by display of course, I used my iPhone XR at max brightness.

Last edited:
Also of note, the in-hand sample varies in color depending on how the light is hitting it so that will be an x-factor as well. One of my samples, northern lights, looks very blue at one angle and very green at a different.

I would personally order a sample to ensure it is what you want, $11 well spent IMO.

I ordered some samples from their site and it seems like it would be very resilient after abusing some swatches with various instruments.

But as you suspect, this is more of a matte finish. They have a glossy clear coat, not sure if this can be applied over the top of a colored coat.
How did you go about doing that? The swatch sets are quite expensive, and I only want to order the specific colors I care about.

I believe you can apply the clear coat over another colored coat. I'm thinking about doing that; not sure.

Now that the new site is live ... i will start posting updates on Helios timelines. ...
Don’t see it on WW site ....am I looking in the wrong place?

Hey Pushkar.. My spouse wants to know if she bought me a Christmas or Valentine’s Day Helios😅 .. She's a founder ..Happy holidays and NOT pushing just itching for update in all the craziness

Awesome. I got the prototype frame earlier last week - will be painting it this coming week and assembling it.

I will have a better sense for the timeline by mid-late next week. Knowing where the frames and shipping timelines are. - we may not be able to get to Christmas ..

However, there are a few more cool (yes more cool) things I have been able to add. I will be able to show that as part of the prototype build. Founders obviously get these - but these are really important updates that I was planning for.
1. GPS (equipment cost is included, will be installed in the frame before shipping. Free first 3 months, and then a really great price for the rest) . This will be a service we will launch in Q1 but you can sign up for it. Will work in NA (Canada, US, Mexico). Yay. Will have iOS and Android apps.
2. Better controller cable (you can now derive more power from the motor) -- included
3. A better.. much much better and brighter head light. -- you can swap to this at no additional cost.
4. I already talked about the display - that will be available early - mid Q2 at a nominal shipping charge.

So working on a bunch of Helios stuff right now. Looking really good. Wish I could do better on the timeline.. so trying on that end.

Back