Helios

Hey Pushkar, in noodling on your site I see you offer a 10A WW charger in addition to the 7A Satiator, but no info about it. What is this 10A charger all about? Cheers

Founders, please check new thread on the invite-only forum.

@flocknut I will post in founders first as soon as I have better picture. Will share details externally (there are a couple of super exciting features there)

Is there an option for both front and rear light to be hard-wired?

I see this description on the website, but it's really confusing:
Light up the night with the power of dual front and rear lights. The Lezyne Macro 1000 lumen hardwired and the 1800i megadrive battery operated provide an incredible 2800 lumens of front lights on the CrossTour. Coupled with dual rear lights - the L&M Tuck, hardwired and battery operated Lezyne KTV Pro Smart light make the CrossTour visible in the most challenging conditions.

It's also not clear how the description corresponds to the dropdown lists:
1609967475848.png

1609967389073.png

Headlight:
Lezyne Macro 1000 =Lezyne 1000XXL and is hardwired?
1800i = Lezyne 1800i and is battery powered?
Supernove M2 is hardwired or battery powered depending on feedback from this thread?

Tailight:
L&M Tuck = ??? and is hardwired?
Lezyne KTV Pro Smart = Lezyne KTV and is battery powered?
Supernova M2 is hardwired or battery powered?

My Juggernaut ebike had battery powered lights and I went through the trouble of hard-wiring it myself (both front and tail light). It's so much nicer to have a single on/off button for the entire bike, and I rely on the Bafang auto light sensor for turning the lights on and off. I hear the comments about being able to toggle the light brightness manually... Does Bafang let you specify software tweaks to their displays? It'd be great to have a daytime light mode turn on with the bike, then let the auto light sensor engage the night mode. And then design the switch so that a quick click toggles between the two for those guys doing the bi-directional trail riding.

It was a ton of effort to rework the lights intended to be battery powered in a way that would be water proof and properly strain relieved. I'm surprised more E-Bike companies don't make this a standard approach. You've got this huge power source on the bike...why not tap into it? I'd love to see a super lightweight Bluetooth speaker options built into the bike too (also powered by the battery). I know I can strap stuff onto my backpack or onto the handlebars somehow, but it'd be nice for it to be a cleaner install and more theftproof (as in bolted in and more discrete).

Just saw this -
1. Supernova is hardwired, there is no need to depend on Bafang.
2. The Lezyne lights are all battery operated - so not wired.

That being said, I believe we have a solution for the wired front and tail lights. Just saw the demo (final working demo) a couple of days ago.

Highlights
1. We can now power any light up to 30W (so effectively up to 2500 lumen front and 300-500 lumen rear) with the new (extra chip) solution.
2. All lights will work natively with the bafang switch ... even supernova. yay. No need to rely on just CAN protocol, we have explicit on/ off.

issue is production / timeline. Germany is potentially shut through Jan 30th. If the chips are not ready by March, we will ship a easy to install kit once it is available. It is fairly straight forward to clip those on.

Another feature (I will do a video as soon as we are done testing) - You can now connect electric gloves / chargers/ jacket heaters from the battery itself. This is a separate power source output, and will be available by end Feb, and it is backward compatible. No cost to anyone buying the bike - except $5 shipping.

Summary
Right now all lights are battery operated excpet supernova
We have figured out the wiring with the bafang switch directly. ETA March, but could be delayed due to germany shutdown. Backward compatible, easy to install.
We will offer extra power sources for ther uses by March.

Great news
Do any of the rear lights like the supernova have brake lights than can be connected to the Bafang harness?

Great news
Do any of the rear lights like the supernova have brake lights than can be connected to the Bafang harness?
Yes they do. 👍 supernova brake light works with magura by default but we have been able to make it work with pretty much any bafang system.

@pushkar, on December 22nd you posted this on the founders page:

"We will request for the delta for the frame charge once the prototype bike is ready. We are painting the prototype right now, targeting build release Jan 1st."

Have you finished the prototype yet? If you haven't, why not?

The base coat has been done but the decals have not been put on yet. I will check back and post as soon as I have an answer.

I know he was out with Covid a week ago but I think it has been a few days since so will circle back on this.

The base coat has been done but the decals have not been put on yet. I will check back and post as soon as I have an answer.

I know he was out with Covid a week ago but I think it has been a few days since so will circle back on this.
Are we still waiting on an email referenced on 1/7? Don’t want to worry about it if you’ve pushed it out...but would like to hear something

Pushkar, I have a Helios on order with the belt drive and the Kindernay. Do you know what is the largest size chainwheel that can fit on the Helios? As being in Florida because it is so flat I am worried that my top speed will be limited and most of the Kindernay gears will never be utilized. By using a larger chainwheel I get to use more of the gears and don't have to spin at a ridiculously high RPM when cruising fast. Any advice or clarification would be much appreciated as I am a big fan of your efforts to build the best ebikes available.

Pushkar, I have a Helios on order with the belt drive and the Kindernay. Do you know what is the largest size chainwheel that can fit on the Helios? As being in Florida because it is so flat I am worried that my top speed will be limited and most of the Kindernay gears will never be utilized. By using a larger chainwheel I get to use more of the gears and don't have to spin at a ridiculously high RPM when cruising fast. Any advice or clarification would be much appreciated as I am a big fan of your efforts to build the best ebikes available.
Sorry. I missed answering this.
1. Largest size is 60T front chainring. Kindernay with that combo puts you above of 28 at ~75rpm (checking Ravi’s world record run data).

2. At the tallest gear on the Kindernay you are well above the 28. Like well above.

Back