hastle removing the rear wheel

Regarding Evo Race, I thought it was difficult to replace the rear tire as well. I removed everything, including clips ( as they are not zip ties if you have a new bike ), nuts, and the other you know what that part is. It would still not come off! After 30 min of wrangling with this, I started jiggling the tire ... and once I started doing this ... it came off right away. I installed maxxis re-fuse tires in hopes that I will not have to deal with it outside my house. Phew!

@NYC Rider - 60 minutes to fix a puncture? That's pretty scary. I love hub drives, but I think I'm slowly starting to see the practical side of mid-drives.

Get a bike that uses thru axle, couldnt be simpler. Unplug the powercord, open one hex, pull out the axle, lift out the tire et voilà.

When I took the rear wheel off my Evo Cross it had the little clips like the video shows, not zip ties. So yeah, I guess your shop put those one.

Even hub motors with quick release axles still have lock nuts and very tight fittings, not a fast job like on a standard bike. Did work on one BionX system, non quick release, that was machined just right and that rear motor fit like a glove. Of course, the whole bike was put together at BionX, so I suspect they did what is sometimes needed and machined the dropouts a millimeter or two for that perfect fit.

Back