Has anyone ordered a Frey AM 1000 or Frey CC from Wexgear in Canada ?

Great White North

Region
Canada
I ordered a Frey AM 1000 from Wexgear in Calgary in September from the November shipment. This is delayed due to supply chain issues etc to January, which is a common problem in the industry right now. I could not find any feedback or reviews regarding Wexgear, and their address seems to be in a residential area. Their Facebook page has been dormant for a long time. We are thinking of ordering a second bike from them for my wife but I am a bit hesitant to commit more money without more information/confirmation. I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting Frey bikes from this dealer. Frey themselves directed me to this dealer as their distributor. Any thoughts or experience with them ??

Last edited:
Ordered a Frey CC from Wexgear about 6 months ago. Was somewhat hesitant to pay for the bike in full. I hesitantly did, considering the cost from Frey themselves was competitive with what Wexgear was requesting, and didn't have to go through the aggravation of brokers, shipping etc.
Received the bike a few weeks ago, a bit late, but considering the worldwide material/shipment delays, it was expected.
Was pleasantly surprised at the transaction. Everything went as expected, and shipping to me in Ontario was very reasonable.
Now waiting for some hospitable weather to take the bike out for a rip.

I ordered a Frey AM 1000 from Wexgear in Calgary in September from the November shipment. This is delayed due to supply chain issues etc to January, which is a common problem in the industry right now. I could not find any feedback or reviews regarding Wexgear, and their address seems to be in a residential area. Their Facebook page has been dormant for a long time. We are thinking of ordering a second bike from them for my wife but I am a bit hesitant to commit more money without more information/confirmation. I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting Frey bikes from this dealer. Frey themselves directed me to this dealer as their distributor. Any thoughts or experience with them ??
There is one credible distributer of Frey bikes in the US, Stealthebikes.com, Guy's name is Nasir. They are also recommended directly by Frey. I ordered the Frey CC through them in early December; delivery expected late Febraury/ early March. Frey sent me, through Stealth, a couple pics of my bike, with my name on the shipping box. Nasir is very knowledgeable and helpful with an array of questions I had before ordering, and since.

I ordered 2 CC from Nasir... He has great communication... Very informative .... Gave me a great deal and some extras..

I also ordered in dec from him.. Ship said jan 29 to dock then went to Feb 15 then to march 1st.... With Chinese new year I wasnt surprised so cant wait to get them but I will lol..

Highly recommend him he is just awesome!!

Good to hear there is a reputable supplier in the US. Regarding Wexgear I must say I am a bit disappointed with the total lack of communication from the company. Even though he is recommended by Frey, I am now a bit leary about the reliability of ordering from them at this point. I have 2 bikes on order from the November shipment, it is now February. The company or more specifically the only person representing the company, Scott, does not reply to email and provides no update regarding expected shipping dates etc. I wish there was another option. I have bought from other companies during the pandemic also impacted by the supply chain issues and they were all really good with communication and updates. Dealing with Wexgear is frustrating. I hope I get my money's worth.

Communication was bad .. ( Frey was bad for a while)... 3 emails to one reply... Nasir responds every time and his updates are really thorough

Dont feel bad.. June I ordered the BEAST .. still waiting.. supposed to be on a ship... 7 months in... whats another month lol..

I purchase from Wexgear last year when he just ordered stock, it took a long time but i id get what I ordered. I did not have the hassle of import or customs. I think he has some stock but shipping is the same time if he orders or you order but you do not have the stress. BUT you do not get customization.

I have sent two emails to wexgear.com about Frey ebikes. I have not heard back yet.

Is that how others contacted him?

I have contacted Wexgear (Scott) via email in the past, he does not reply that reliably, unfortunately. He did reply to an email recently where I enquired about the expected arrival of the next shipment (I have bought 2 bikes from that shipment). I was unaware but he updates the shipping / stock situation on the bottom of the ebikes page (select "Frey bikes" from the menu and scroll to the bottom). I just never checked that page again after buying our bikes. As I understand currently the new shipment is expected late February, but due to the Chinese New Year I won't hold my breath, more like March arrival in Canada. I bought our bikes directly through the website. This long wait is frustrating but is unfortunately a common issue with all bike related things at this time. I will update this page when our bikes finally arrive, and will post some photos here and video on my YouTube channel.

It is unfortunate that Wexgear does not up its game a bit with better communication with its customers. I dealt with Sondors recently and the bikes we ordered were delayed by several months due to supply chain issues. Sondors sent out a periodic email detailing the products in my order, and a brief update regarding expected shipping dates etc. Keeping the customer in the loop is awesome, I never had any concerns along the way in spite of waiting for months on end. To do this would not take much effort, just a quick email list of customers waiting for bikes, and hit "send".

Anyway, still waiting patiently.

He keeps his overhead low ergo prices low. This is a part time business I think (but do not know for sure.) You can order through Ali of Frey but your are looking 8 to 9 months. separate shipping for batteries due to hazardous materials. You may also have problems with customs as there is new rules for speed and power that suppliers can get around.

Update : our 2 bikes arrived on May 9th, 2022. Shipping cost Calgary to BC $120 for both bikes. Totally awesome bikes. Thumbs up to Wexgear and Scott for making this possible. He has some in stock right now.
It has been a long wait but the bikes are over the top, so worth the wait and the money. Will post a video when I can.

Attachments

• 20220512_014153.jpg
    20220512_014153.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 20220509_164344.jpg
    20220509_164344.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 210
I ordered as well... Scott is spotty on communication, but his site provided updates on shipment status as he makes a bulk order. The bike arrived and I put it together. Didn't really need any instructions. I'm 5'5" and a medium fits me well. Bike is heavy at over 30kg, but the battery makes it glide through anything you throw at it... Especially uphill!

However, my box was including accessories such as lights and rear rack... Those were all missing parts and bolts. I contacted Scott and he advised Frey will send the missing parts.

I have yet to receive any of those, but other than that all good. I have to say this bike is basically a dirt bike. Most fun I have had in years. I went with one of my buddies down hill and I was able to keep up no problem especially since he is way more advanced then me.

Interesting note... On one of the trails some guys saw me on it and didn't believe that it was an ebike, pretty stealthy.

Excellent choice for my first full squish.

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_163329541.jpg
    IMG_20220507_163329541.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG-20220508-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20220508-WA0013.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 199
Back