Handlebar Jack - A new Ultra Portable Bicycle Repair Stand.

Andy_in_CA

Hello EBR!

With Court's blessing I am pleased to announce the launch of an ebike accessory. But first a bit about me. I have been and active follower for about 2 years. And before that this was my favorite site for learning all there was about ebikes before I made my purchase. To date I am commuting about 3-4 days a week 22 miles round trip. With 2300 + miles in about 2 years. And without further ado...

- The Original Handlebar Jack!

For about the last year I have been tinkering in my garage making this accessory. It is very utility in nature as I was worried about damaging my fixed control panel on my bike. Not all bikes have removable screens, and most in my estimation are fixed to the handle bars. So, I had a bunch of stress centered around my first flat tire. Because when you change a flat out in the field the easiest thing to do is to flip it on the handlebars and then service your bike. Well in my case it could damage the control screen or throttle. The Handlebar Jack is a mini purpose-built tripod that attaches temporarily to your handlebars creating a stable offset to rest your handlebars upside down while you do a field repair. When not in use the Jacks magnetically lock together and can be stowed in a trunk bag or backpack.

The Original Handlebar Jack gives you the piece of mind when performing a field repair or routine maintenance on your bicycle.

The Original Handlebar is produced and hand assembled (by me) with help from the latest 3d printing technology using high quality ABS plastic.

I am currently producing The Original Handlebar Jack in small batches. If you are interested in one please swing by my website.

Or if you just like the idea share and like my Facebook page with your friends. https://www.facebook.com/handlebarJacks

packaging_02_web.jpgpackaging_01_web.jpgin_use_03_web.jpgin_use_01_web.jpgin_use_02a_web.jpgdirections_01.jpg

I would like to thank the community in advance for your support.

Andy

Last edited:
Good idea. Perhaps consider including a bike seat cover to avoid seat scuffs if you haven't already. In Munich companies would leave free seat covers with logos or ads on bikes parked at public racks, so I suspect they are pretty inexpensive. You could put your company logo on them and get advertising when the bikes are parked right side up.

Clever idea. Andy! My screen is not removable (though I could loosen its mount to rotate it more out of the way) and while I {fingers crossed} have yet to experience a flat, I have done some chain lube work this way (bike upside down) at a local park... had to bring something to wrap/help protect the screen, but even then it was not super easy to use the gear shifters during the lube process, as they were right against the ground. Your jack would alleviate that nicely! (I later got a bike stand at home, and now do my chain work using that.)

Good idea. Perhaps consider including a bike seat cover to avoid seat scuffs if you haven't already. In Munich companies would leave free seat covers with logos or ads on bikes parked at public racks, so I suspect they are pretty inexpensive. You could put your company logo on them and get advertising when the bikes are parked right side up.

That is the plan. But one step at a time.

We sold out of the premade units! If you want to order a Handlebar Jack the production lead time is 3-5 days.

Thanks to the EBR community for your support!!!

How about shipping to the UK ?

Sorry not at this point. I am just a guy making stuff in my garage. I am not setup for international orders at this time. But I will look into it. I need to see what rules i'll need to follow...etc. :)

Andy

I got my Handlebar Jack in the mail this week. It is a pretty cool little accessory! Comes nicely packed in a compact little box with 2 sizes of O-rings so you have some options based on the size of handlebars and also where you have to put them on your handlebars. I have Ergon grips and the smaller O-ring fits nicely around the narrow end of the grip. If I needed to put it around the wider part I would need to use the larger O-rings. The two stands are magnetically attached, which makes them great for storage and super easy to separate when you want to use them. When put together they fit nicely into a trunk bag, pannier or even a saddle bag. Not a whole lot bigger than a spare tube, really. Using them is as easy as separating them, putting them on your handlebars using the O-ring, then turning the bike over (rear wheel first) and setting the whole thing down on the Handlebar Jacks. Turning my bike over is the hardest part of the whole job. One of the nice engineered parts that I really appreciated, second to the magnetic storage, is that one side of the O-ring attachments is designed to hold the O-ring in so it doesn't fall off in my bag but I can still changed it out if I need to.
1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg3.jpg

Hello EBR!

I wanted to announce that we have moved away from Etsy and have just launched our own website! https://www.handlebarjack.com

And as a thank you to the EBR community I am offering a 10% discount with this code: EBR2019

Just use this code on check out and save!

Again thanks for the continued support in helping me grow this business.

Andy
owner + designer
www.handlebarjack.com

Last edited:
@Andy_in_CA

Congratulations are in order Andy 👍 👏:cool: .

Very clean looking website, I love it, simple and to the point designs.

Found a tiny tapo in your FAQ section:
Q: How the The Original Handlebar Jack manufactured?
i think you meant "How is the.....

I am Shopify based now. Let me look into it. I think they make it easier as they figure out more accurately the tax situation.

Hello EBR!

I wanted to announce that we have moved away from Etsy and have just launched our own website! https://www.handlebarjack.com

And as a thank you to the EBR community I am offering a 10% discount with this code: EBR2019

Just use this code on check out and save! Again thanks for the continued support in helping me grow this business.

Andy owner + designer
www.handlebarjack.com

Thanks for designing and manufacturing this product along with the discount to EBR members.

You`re welcome . 🤝

I forgot to ask, have you started to ship internationally or still working on it ?

So far I've figured out how to ship to the UK. Still figuring out taxes and that other stuff. Starting a small business is all about learning and pushing past what you don't know! Hope this helps.

Andy

Back