Handlebar Jack - A new Ultra Portable Bicycle Repair Stand.

Hello EBR,

I wanted to let you guys know a few things. First I am running a black Friday Sale! You can get an original Handlebar Jack for only 24.99 +tax and shipping.

Secondly we are shipping to the UK and most of Europe!

Thanks again for this communities continued support.

Do you have any ideas on a design for a bike stand to lift the rear tire off the ground for ebikes with fat tires?
This is what I use:

1601757776925.jpeg

Thanks Andy, I bought one and only tried it out because I wanted see how it works and it does protect not only the screen, but also the handgrips. I like how the legs fold and they magnetically interlock. An easy stowaway, great idea and a must have for when that time arrives and you want to protect your bike from getting scratched and possibly damaged. Good luck.

This is what I use:

View attachment 67358

I recently purchased this bike stand and found that my rear chainstays are asymmetric... still works fine with a shim. ;)

Cool tool, I'd be in for a set once you are shipping to Canada.

In fact, I do this exact thing at home with my automotive jack stands since my wall mount rack won't support my fat tire ebike. One small note that might be a future consideration, is that some full fenders hit the ground before the rack or seat does. After busting a plastic fender bracket on my mother's ebike (graciously replaced for free by a local shop), I've taken to sliding a tiny wooden door chock in between the tire and the fender at the very back before I roll it back. It makes the first contact preventing any fender scuffs and supports the fender until the flip is completed.

Just an idea anyway, and might pack nicely in a little bag that doubles as a seat cover? ;-)

Keep on printing!!

Quick Question
Just received my tracking number.
I read somewhere (here?) that you can’t invert a bike with hydraulic brakes which if true would negate the use of the Handlebar Jack. Is this correct? I have mechanical Tektros, btw.

Quick Question
Just received my tracking number.
I read somewhere (here?) that you can’t invert a bike with hydraulic brakes which if true would negate the use of the Handlebar Jack. Is this correct? I have mechanical Tektros, btw.
You can invert the bike with Hydraulic brakes for short repairs without any issues... just don't hang or store the bike inverted for the long term. ;)

The Handlebar Jack is a great tool for roadside repairs and prevents damage to sensitive electronic displays, accessories, etc.

Last edited:
Good to know. Can they be stored vertically safely?
Not a great idea for storage... From the Shimano Service Instructions:

When turning the bicycle upside down or on its side the brake system may have some air bubbles inside the reservoir tank which are still there when the reservoir tank cover is replaced, or which accumulate in various parts of the brake system when it is used for long periods. The M755 disc brake system is not designed to be turned upside down. If the bicycle is turned upside down or on its side, the air bubbles inside the reservoir tank may move in the direction of the calipers. If the bicycle is ridden in this condition, there is the danger that the brakes may not operate and a serious accident could occur.

If the bicycle has been turned upside down or on its side, be sure to operate the brake lever a few times to check that the brakes operate normally before riding the bicycle. If the brakes do not operate normally, adjust them by the following procedure. < If brake operation is sluggish when the lever is depressed >

Gently depress the brake lever several times and wait for the bubbles to return to the reservoir tank. It is recommended that you then remove the reservoir tank cover and fill the reservoir tank with brake fluid until no bubbles remain. If the brakes still operate sluggishly, bleed the air from the brake system. (Refer to "Adding the brake fluid and bleeding air".)

Last edited:
Good to know. Can they be stored vertically safely?
I'd add that if you must do that for winter storage or transportation, I'd just follow the refrigerator rule; Let is sit for several hours upright before you use it, and then learn how to bleed your brakes (or have it spring serviced at a shop) when it comes out of storage. It's not actually hard to do, just needs a kit and some basic practice to do it well. Making sure you stored/transported front-wheel-up would mitigate a lot of the problem as well since any bubbles would stay close to the reservoirs.

Real 'mountain' bikes get flipped, rolled, and bounced upside down and sideways all day long, and many folks use vertical racks for multi-bike hauls up the mountain or out to the trails, and it has little impact on the brake systems. The points mentioned by others certainly apply to storage and brake system services though.

Just ordered mine . Whats this about rolling bike over ? I just pick mine up and flip it .
Edit: Never mind just watched it on youtube . Pretty simple .

Last edited:
Good idea. Perhaps consider including a bike seat cover to avoid seat scuffs if you haven't already. In Munich companies would leave free seat covers with logos or ads on bikes parked at public racks, so I suspect they are pretty inexpensive. You could put your company logo on them and get advertising when the bikes are parked right side up.
An quick and easy solution is a shower cap. Use them to cover leather saddles when you're off your bike in the rain.

Back